• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

What combo would you guys have? Sport Steering, Comfort Suspension, +R Throttle?

This.

The one setting option would be sport steering, +R throttle and half way between comfort and sport for suspension. For my use i think that would be perfect and remove the need to fiddle with settings

More thoughts for facelift:

* Bigger fuel tank
* Smaller wheels. The 20s are a bit silly for uk roads and tyre choice is limited/expensive. 20s just seem a bit unnecessary, particularly when 18s clear the brakes.
* Less/no dash rattles

It's a very good car but does have a few annoyances (as do all others) which could be improved with just a bit of tweaking. The user configurable drive modes is a no brainier. Either let the driver choose or have no choice IMO.

You can see oil temps when in + R mode

Tell me more, one think I am missing with the Type R is this simple function. Coolant warms up very quickly but I like to see how the oil is getting on as well

You can see oil temps when in + R mode

Tell me more, one think I am missing with the Type R is this simple function. Coolant warms up very quickly but I like to see how the oil is getting on as well

it doesn't have it on the 8, the FK2 did.

Not sure if KTuner shows these sorts of things when installed - Loads of Yanks have the additional Digital dials on the headunit - or maybe they are indicators to the nearest Macdonalds

More thoughts for facelift:

* Smaller wheels. The 20s are a bit silly for uk roads and tyre choice is limited/expensive. 20s just seem a bit unnecessary, particularly when 18s clear the brakes.

I think the 20's look lost as it is... 18s would like lie Piano castors! I really wanna try the 5 mm spacers to fill the arch recesses a bit

You're all a bunch of softies!!!!!!!

I want it to ride like a penny farthing, bite my ankle off at the nearest dab of the throttle and need arms like hulk Hogan to turn...! That's how it looks like it should drive g000d dammmmm it...!

I should have bought an Fk2 :)

No more finance deals to get rid of 99% of the pedantic owners :lol:

Well I wouldn’t have my car without the Finance offers. :( If that makes me a pedant, so be it!

I really love the car tbh but the main things I’d change would be

1) The exhaust note
2) More flexible suspension /engine response settings
3) A third seatbelt in the back

I hear what people are saying about Honda approved tuning packs which sounds like a great idea for those who want to tune. I can get up to no good with the standard car tbh! I’m going to have to drive like a saint for the next 3 years as it is!

I'd like to see all of the superfluous stuff removed

and a return to the true Type R ethos

one can but dream.....

Chris.

The big black fake mesh could be amended. And the 20" wheels are a little much for UK roads. I've had one wheel repaired and have another buckled wheel sat in the garage thanks to pot holes.

Still running 18's with more rubber after a recent track day and it rides so much better.

There is definitely room for improvement on the infotainment system. But I use Apple Car Play so it doesn't bother me much.

The option to have comfort mode suspension with sport steering would be nice. I almost never use comfort mode as the steering become too light.

I'm approaching 10k miles in mine now and and can honestly say its the best car I have ever driven. I really don't have many issues with it.

1. Driving modes configurable as others have said
2. No fake mesh on rear
3. Mugen tuning package

Really happy with it after 9K miles. Had a lovely person drive into it in a car park last week, so in process of sorting that, otherwise all good!

I'd like to see all of the superfluous stuff removed

and a return to the true Type R ethos

one can but dream.....

Chris.

We all loved the screaming VTEC beauties of old. But the game has moved on. In order to compete with the competition Honda simply had to go turbo to keep up.

At least they are sticking to their light and nimble FWD configuration, and not taking the the 4WD route like everyone else.

I think the Type R ethos is still very clearly present. It’s still track focused, it’s still the lightest in its class, it still handles likes it’s on rails (arguably better than any Type R to date).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lighter and no turbo

Lighter might be a thing, but no turbo won't. In order to meet Euro and US emissions regs (and likely others) it needs to be forced-induction. To truly go lighter you'd also need to go smaller, and I doubt that'll happen any time soon either, even the Jazz is a porker. The new/concept S2000 is pretty large too.

Something like the EG, or a VW UP, or even a modern 'teg with the current powerplant could be amusing. Sadly it's not looking like a popular thing any more.

can you?? Where? *Edit* Oh you're talking about the Fk2 aren't you

Also, can someone advise on point number 3, Valve lifters? That would be done by the wonderful people at Honda each service right? Welcome Marco by the way, what colour miles etc?

Yes Honda would do it. But on all my VAG Group cars they all have hydraulic valve adjusters so you just start it and drive it, never have to have them adjusted as they are self-adjusting.

Thank you for the welcome, appreciated. New to the Honda scene, in fact new to a Japanese car full stop. I am loving it. Amazing car.

Our car spec. Red GT with about 800 miles on it. Went with the additional 2 year warranty, 5 year service plan, Type R black embroidered mats and black embroidered boot carpet.

Thinking about a Scorpion stainless steel exhaust system now!

Back