• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

So! The update I’ve been excited about, drove to Birmingham last night straight after work and didn’t get home till about 2am but it was worth it, in looking for a tailgate badge I stumbled on this entire tailgate for a very, very good price and the fact it had the Honda Carbon wing which is a part I’ve wanted for a while I jumped at it, struts of the wing have a couple marks on which may polish out, there’s a small mark that will need to be repaired but the carbon is sound which is the main thing, as you’ll see it’s also got the Honda Carbon tailgate garnish as well which I hadn’t planned on getting but can now test fit and decide if I want it or not, worst case scenario can’t imagine it will be hard to sell but I’m going to see how I like it first, now going to spend the day stripping it all off and then try and flog the bare boot lid if that doesn’t go within 5 days or so it’ll be down the dump as I just don’t have the space for it... anyways pictures again!

5f1505d0a4e6b2f56c8b194699107259.jpg

6e29ec5aa83d1d434a99587df57849e9.jpg

dd65f0fd72ea60bd3a95ffdae6458e60.jpg

c00c1948eb1ba12ad0ae3112f338f9f0.jpg

e8b6e77d1c5717432d68b3299cc3bea0.jpg

9c19a43f2fefbb965ffd386a35b8829b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find.

I’m sure you’ll be able to sell that boot lid on.

Cheers Dotty, was over the moon, only had to pay £700 so it was a proper bargain, I dug through and got all the parts I wanted myself, found a few bits of the trim missing and a bit of damage to where the boot catch mechanism sits, don’t know where that’s come from as I didn’t think the parts had come off a wrote off car so decided to strip it of anything of value bar the loom as I didn’t have the time to fully pull it apart and just stick it down the dump, seemed a waste dumping the glass but I’ve nowhere for it, currently sharing my room with everything I pulled off I did feel terribly guilty chucking the boot lid in the dump, feels wrong just throwing a part of such a special car

Cheers Dotty, was over the moon, only had to pay £700 so it was a proper bargain, I dug through and got all the parts I wanted myself, found a few bits of the trim missing and a bit of damage to where the boot catch mechanism sits, don’t know where that’s come from as I didn’t think the parts had come off a wrote off car so decided to strip it of anything of value bar the loom as I didn’t have the time to fully pull it apart and just stick it down the dump, seemed a waste dumping the glass but I’ve nowhere for it, currently sharing my room with everything I pulled off I did feel terribly guilty chucking the boot lid in the dump, feels wrong just throwing a part of such a special car

I thought finding a bonnet for my EP3 for £50 was a bargain, but your definition of it is definitely another level :D

I'm happy for you though, how much would it have cost for the carbon bits if bought separately?

I thought finding a bonnet for my EP3 for £50 was a bargain, but your definition of it is definitely another level :D

I'm happy for you though, how much would it have cost for the carbon bits if bought separately?

Normally wouldn’t consider that kind of money a bargain! But seeing as the wing is £1700 direct from Honda, and I believe the rear carbon strip was £250-£300, not sure if that’s totally correct but I also think most places can’t get ahold of it from Honda anymore, so those two alone exceed what I paid quite a bit!

I managed to take the reverse camera out as well as both rear badges, the number plate lights, the locking mechanism and the boot brake light all of which I don’t need but am undecided as to if I should try sell on or sit on just in case they could come in handy in future...

Normally wouldn’t consider that kind of money a bargain! But seeing as the wing is £1700 direct from Honda, and I believe the rear carbon strip was £250-£300, not sure if that’s totally correct but I also think most places can’t get ahold of it from Honda anymore, so those two alone exceed what I paid quite a bit!

I managed to take the reverse camera out as well as both rear badges, the number plate lights, the locking mechanism and the boot brake light all of which I don’t need but am undecided as to if I should try sell on or sit on just in case they could come in handy in future...

Ahh right, I see that make sense. £1700 for a wing lol, how many bhp does it say it adds again? :D

I'd honestly keep the parts as spares mate, you'd be surprised how much those things will cost when it comes to replacing one and having to source it from a breaker. That said, how long are you planning on keeping the car?

Ahh right, I see that make sense. £1700 for a wing lol, how many bhp does it say it adds again? :D

Isn't it about 5 bhp for a wing? Altho the carbon takes it to 10 bhp.

Nice find though and lovely car.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'd honestly keep the parts as spares mate, you'd be surprised how much those things will cost when it comes to replacing one and having to source it from a breaker. That said, how long are you planning on keeping the car?

Brand markup isn’t it just because of that little Honda stamp on it!

I may well do so, they don’t take up much space at all just the rear break light and surround that will be awkward but not unmanageable! I haven’t put a time frame on it to be honest, I’ve only ever owned Hondas and factoring in how I said from the prototype stages I would get one of these it’s quite special to me, that being said if I was in a position to move up to a GTR I’d find that hard to turn down, I keep telling myself things going well I may look at getting an NSX in 5 years time or so but they’re appreciating and I wouldn’t daily something like that so that’s all circumstantial at the moment, I do hope to have this for a long long time though

Isn't it about 5 bhp for a wing? Altho the carbon takes it to 10 bhp.

Nice find though and lovely car.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Damn... well under my estimate of 50bhp

Thanks though mate

Brand markup isn’t it just because of that little Honda stamp on it!

I may well do so, they don’t take up much space at all just the rear break light and surround that will be awkward but not unmanageable! I haven’t put a time frame on it to be honest, I’ve only ever owned Hondas and factoring in how I said from the prototype stages I would get one of these it’s quite special to me, that being said if I was in a position to move up to a GTR I’d find that hard to turn down, I keep telling myself things going well I may look at getting an NSX in 5 years time or so but they’re appreciating and I wouldn’t daily something like that so that’s all circumstantial at the moment, I do hope to have this for a long long time though

Daily driving a GTR will be a great laugh come end of month :D I know because one of my best buddies has one, you don't want to know how much he shelled out for a "brake service" at Nissan last year lol. (yes I know, you can do it yourself but still :p)

NSX as in new NSX or the proper one? Since you mentioned appreciating I guess you mean old, in which case hell yeah go for it. Appreciating or not, I'd daily the hell out of it. It was made to daily driven, essentially Ferrari levels of performance (at the time) and daily honda reliability.

The FK2 is a nice car though and if you do end up getting an NSX, just daily the FK2 and take the NSX out on them sunny (rare) days :)

Daily driving a GTR will be a great laugh come end of month :D I know because one of my best buddies has one, you don't want to know how much he shelled out for a "brake service" at Nissan last year lol. (yes I know, you can do it yourself but still :p)

NSX as in new NSX or the proper one? Since you mentioned appreciating I guess you mean old, in which case hell yeah go for it. Appreciating or not, I'd daily the hell out of it. It was made to daily driven, essentially Ferrari levels of performance (at the time) and daily honda reliability.

The FK2 is a nice car though and if you do end up getting an NSX, just daily the FK2 and take the NSX out on them sunny (rare) days :)

That’s the beauty of my job, paid for Van and all that malarkey so in terms of mileage and financing that it’s non existent, daily driving for me is the gym/anything social, I think I do about 5k Miles a year if that

Yeah classic NSX of course! I do like the new one but the starting price for what was essentially an accessible supercar (the original) at its inception is extortionate it hasn’t really followed that ethos. I do like it a lot I just don’t ever see myself being in a position to able to afford that unless the price crashed significantly.

Like I say it’s all circumstantial but that’s the goal if I’m able to do so, for the time being I’m thoroughly enjoying the FK and would like to keep it well down the line

Another small update! The Carbon wing is in to have some small defects on the paint rectified will have it back Monday fingers crossed and if I get enough light I’ll fit it when I get home! Little exited!
d00ab8e332478577815c5e9c549dff29.png

Wing is on! I got it back last Friday my friend done a cracking job of sorting it, I’ll try and get some before and after pictures of it, spent the evening fitting it, had issues with the rear brake light wire as it has some rubber to protect it from rubbing against the metal and damaging itself, absolute nightmare getting that back in, it’s not a weather stop so I got it in a position where it’s still protecting the wire but not fully in as it wasn’t happening, also had to order up some new clips for the boot trim as some broke when removing them but it’s all back together now, will look to upload some photos over the weekend when I’ve got daylight to do so... hopefully I can sneak in a quick wash as well as it’s currently carrying 2 weeks worth of dirt

Next in line is the front H badge, got a slight crack from a stone in mine and it bugs the life out of me, not keen on Honda’s asking price of £54 but don’t trust the ones you can get cheaper on eBay for quality or fitment... will have to see! Also eyeing up a rear tow hook however it won’t be tracked so will have no practical use and I feel I’m getting a bit too old for that sort of look no matter how much I may think it would suit it could just put those off and wait to see if pay over Christmas is good as I’ve been eying up some Works wheels...

6eff4aacfac406b26b6af8161debb44c.jpg

Haven’t got round to doing the before and after photos yet, been very distracted, in the meantime have a (dirty) shot of the wing on the car

Went on a little shopping spree over Christmas, sort of, ordered the Eventuri carbon intake pipe which fingers crossed should be with my by the end of the week, also spoke to a friend who works for Airtec as well who can get me their intercooler with Big Boost Pipe Kit for a slightly lower price which I should be sorting next week. Once I’ve got all the bits in hand I’ll probably look to get fitting (potentially with the suede steering wheel from dream as I can’t stop looking at it online) with a view to sorting a sport cat and map down the line, with that in mind what sport cats are people running if any? As there’s quite a variation in price...

Also still sitting on the rear carbon tailgate trim just can’t decide if it’s too much or not and if I’m not going to use it I want to sell it... any opinions?

6d6a16859ab50dc6fd71a38783272aca.jpg

de3183eb8974a6b80be57cfc49c9bc40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back