• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

6d8bf69c576b64be56b551f7dcf77b80.jpg

c536250183ea0d83c0d658d73f27972b.jpg

Nice little surprise no sooner had I got in from work! Can’t wait to have this fitted, really bugs me how clean the Eventuri looks and then just connects to the standard fitting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6d8bf69c576b64be56b551f7dcf77b80.jpg

c536250183ea0d83c0d658d73f27972b.jpg

Nice little surprise no sooner had I got in from work! Can’t wait to have this fitted, really bugs me how clean the Eventuri looks and then just connects to the standard fitting...

I’ve been waiting to place an order for one of these, waiting to see everyone’s experience of them first, the quality of that looks as good as the eventuri system! I’d be interested to see if you notice any different with it fitted as well

I’ve been waiting to place an order for one of these, waiting to see everyone’s experience of them first, the quality of that looks as good as the eventuri system! I’d be interested to see if you notice any different with it fitted as well

Quality is really good, silicone is actually stepped to remove the difference in diameter between the pipe and OEM metal, I’ve just got to motivate myself to go fit it is all!

I'd love a black FK2 :( What is that pipe meant to improve by the way, I assume it is not a complete eventuri intake?

Looks lovely though mate.

I'd love a black FK2 :( What is that pipe meant to improve by the way, I assume it is not a complete eventuri intake?

Looks lovely though mate.

The Eventuri originally only came with the scoop, filter and housing, they’ve come out and said all future kits will have this pipe but I assume that will bump the price up a bit as the MAF tube is £230 on its own... they’ve reduced the angle compared to the standard tube it usually connects to, the silicone connector has a step in it as well to get rid of the difference in diameter that would be caused, Eventuri got up to 12bhp gains on an unmapped car on top of the intakes gains over the standard fittings which is pretty impressive as they only made it to satisfy everyone moaning about wanting it to be a full carbon system.

Appreciate it bud! I’m still in love with the thing!

Long weekend off work so got off my arse and did something productive... fitted the Eventuri MAF tube, if I’m being honest, it’s been a very very long time I’ve done something myself on a car... down to laziness and more recently, lack of time around work, so it was quite refreshing to do something myself for once. In my eagerness I did forget to take a before picture, but comparing the angle of the Eventuri tube to the standard piping it’s actually quite obvious how they’ve got gains from this pipe on top of the actual intake gains... the angle is much, much smoother and less steep as well as the new silicone hose being internally stepped there will be a hell of a lot less disruption to the airflow.

Also picked up my Airtec intercooler and big boost pipe kit! I haven’t unwrapped it as I want to keep it as best protected as I can till it’s fitted. But the things enormous, went for a black cooler with red logo, all silicone and boost pipes are black as well I want to keep the car as “stealthy” as possible so I’m trying to eliminate a lot of the colour variation where I can (to the point I’ve actually considered removing the red GT tape)

I’ve booked it in for a quick winter detail and protection tomorrow so it’ll be back to gleaming for a few hours hopefully as it’s got about 2 weeks worth of road muck on it, the joys of winter

5151c7d834a70e15b1defd1c3844a256.jpg

b12357c1634ba1cfbc29bd1ebd677410.jpg

Have you driven it with the new intake pipe on yet, any difference in induction noise?

Yeah a few times, I noticed when I first drove it it seemed ever so slightly louder, since then I don’t think it’s any different, if it did increase the volume it was such a small amount that after a few journeys it seemed no different. Definitely more of an aesthetic/performance piece.

Was going to fit mine today but couldn't undo the screw / nut is it a 5.5mm socket?
fedb0457f28caa272ca31f4bba71b3c8.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Was going to fit mine today but couldn't undo the screw / nut is it a 5.5mm socket?
fedb0457f28caa272ca31f4bba71b3c8.jpg

I tried with a cross head but it started to shear the top of it so went with soaking the thing in WD40 and if I’m being honest I just seated the socket heads till one fitted/bit it was towards that end of the scale though bud 6 down, I remember 7 being too big but another being too small, it was an odd between number, definitely a .5, sorry I couldn’t be more definitive!

Also I left that particular one connected, just removed the MAF sensor, disconnected the far end and the end connected to the Eventuri and wriggled it out didn’t need to do that one in your photo

Cheers thought it was a .5 sure it will be 5.5, strange size though.

Another trip down Dream on Friday and I’ve had my Airtec intercooler fitted as well as Dream’s Alcantara steering wheel and Gear Gaitor, in love with it all, steering wheel is thicker than standard with no flat bottom as the guys didn’t have a flat bottomed one in stock, I wasn’t actually bothered and think I prefer the full round style.

Now to save the pennies and get the high flow cat and map, speaking to Phil while I was down there he seems to think I’m well on the way to getting 400bhp and with the high flow I should be more than capable of hitting the mark!

You’ll have to ignore the extreme level of uncleanliness in the first photo as it took me 3 hours to get back from Bushey and was too late to clean, took the photos the very next morning before I got round to actually cleaning
11308142c250be9715b0811781d88e5e.jpg

40b1404e590d8cf75148ccd3b4ebc470.jpg

f0710d5314ae5ebf9bf8be2157eb39cf.jpg

How longs it been since I posted? Too long? Doubt many would agree with that!

Not much has happened with the FK recently, moving in with a friend has taken a significant chunk of money so aside from fuel the car hasn’t really had much going in to it unfortunately... especially as I wanted it mapped by the end of the year!

Anyways had car day today, cleaned the Eventuri out as it was slightly overdue, fitted the bolster covers to my seats to try and alleviate anymore wear on them and also fitted some carbon fibre wing mirror covers as well! I’m looking to get actual replacement carbon “skull caps” I believe they’re called but they’re double the price and a long lead time when I wanted some fitted by the end of the month, for the time being I’m really happy with these, love how the carbon isn’t distinctive at all from a certain distance but as soon as you step close enough it pops out without being a totally contrasting colour!

7bd0fb77534e16c0b30f75ee7189f918.jpg

99c14dd5ed3d68dda7c189671e7dc0e0.jpg

9cb658f87f276b01ae27c555bfbe3ce4.jpg

946457e9b5bb5be29a27f01e7b7659b9.jpg

adff6ecedae65b2c7957a11d7746292f.jpg

870f2e5c6caff1ae6924aea97586d677.jpg

70210e346e1223abaeefa61a9ebe7bfd.jpg

b2a41d79fb5a7ea7e3154e252eea1e80.jpg

She's looking good man! :)

Glad to have finally got back to doing some bits! It’s getting a full detail next week which I’m looking forward to seeing it after should be the cleanest it’s been since I bought it

Glad to have finally got back to doing some bits! It’s getting a full detail next week which I’m looking forward to seeing it after should be the cleanest it’s been since I bought it

And it being black, it should last a good 24 hours at least :) :D

Back