Home
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: D3an0ís 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Default D3an0ís 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Evening all,

Little back story to me. Iíve floated around the forum for a few years when I got my first R about 4-5 years ago, a 2008 FN2, I had a list of things I intended to do to the car but lost motivation and seemed to prioritise everything else over it.

Prior to that I had a 2004 EP2 sport, as my first car, that thing I treated like a princess spared no expense, including the £190 a month I was paying to insure the thing quite the contrast to what I pay now 7 years later!

Just last month I finally accepted that I was never going to be happy with the FN, it wasnít a bad car by any means but my desire for a bit of boost and the money it needed to get it tip top just stopped me from fully enjoying it, I made the snap decision to start looking at FK2ís again, Iíd previously started when Honda first announced them which coincided with me starting a new job but at the time it wasnít reasonable to get one, I found one for a very good price not too far from home, went and viewed it and went back 3 hours later to take it home, I canít fault it at all bar the fact itís not the best colour available (Milano Red/Pink) like my previous 2 Civís, absolutely adore it and so glad to have the motivation and desire for a car again.

So far itís only had a few basic things:
    -Two new rear tyres
    -Private Reg
    -Both front wheels fully refurbished
    -Heko wind deflectors
    -PMC Carbon gear surround
    -Carbon Gear Knob
    -Tank of super unleaded fuel every f***ing week since Iíve had it

Pending shares from work in August getting released Iím toying with either getting the Eventuri, a exhaust (not 100% on which) or getting some Volks ZE40ís as Iím not a huge fan of the standard wheels. But that may take a few months of deciding after as none of them are a massively cheap option, also a full detail prior to getting my brother to get some proper photos of the thing, being a car Iíve lusted over for nearly 4 years I want it hanging pride of place in the house in case I canít see it out the window

Anyways on to the stuff anyone only ever reads these for, the pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to D3ano For This Useful Post:

Azazl187 (17-08-2018), EnzoUK (09-07-2018), Loxy (08-07-2018), MARKTHOMASBRAND (09-07-2018), SK-R (09-07-2018), Staffs Deltic (19-02-2019), zeffania (17-07-2018)

Little update...

Had itís second year service yesterday, rear pads were 90% worn and it also needed the air filter and clutch fluid done but nothing too expensive, had a jazz for the day as I live about 30 mins from the dealership and wanted to make sure I was about for a delivery (mentioned in the next paragraph) canít say I enjoyed that automotive experience if Iím honest...

I caved and went for a Remus and the sound controller as well as an Eventuri, booked in at Dream for all the work to be done at the end of the month so Iím now sat staring the Remus in the face as itís sat in my room

Also got some carbon vents from Tegiwa to fill my time till the exhaust and Eventuri go on, they need a little tidying up before I can fit them so Iíve got to go grab a Dremel at some point this week but Iím hoping, weather and time permitting, I might get them on this weekend

Anyways photos again!

Last edited by D3ano; 14-08-2018 at 12:28 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D3ano For This Useful Post:

Brilliantsportyblue (14-08-2018), EnzoUK (14-08-2018), SK-R (14-08-2018), Staffs Deltic (19-02-2019)

Gotta love shiny bits! Also that "sound inside" box lol
    2004 Civic Type R - Current - Build Thread
    1999 Integra Type R - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by SK-R View Post
    Gotta love shiny bits! Also that "sound inside" box lol
    Thatís the fun bit! Valve controller/controller module/Bluetooth button (for when I canít use the app on the phone) to be honest thatís the bit I keep opening and looking at

Very nice car! Looks awesome in black.

The FK2 splits me apart because I can't get enough of the outrageous exterior BUT I worry I'd miss an N/A engine...

Thank God I'm not in a financial position to consider buying one anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by T-RR View Post
    Very nice car! Looks awesome in black.

The FK2 splits me apart because I can't get enough of the outrageous exterior BUT I worry I'd miss an N/A engine...

Thank God I'm not in a financial position to consider buying one anyway lol
    I absolutely love the exterior and it draws a lot of looks which I like coming from an FN2 which was seen as pretty commonplace really.

I havenít really thought of the old N/A since I got this, the power from low down is so addictive and somehow it still manages to be gear happy and almost encourage you to throw the gears frequently which is amazing, I will admit I saw a video of someone thrashing an FN the other day and I did miss the noise/aggression of the longer rev range, but thatís the first time Iíve probably felt that and it wasnít anywhere near enough to second guess the FK!

Quote Originally Posted by D3ano View Post
    I absolutely love the exterior and it draws a lot of looks which I like coming from an FN2 which was seen as pretty commonplace really.

I haven’t really thought of the old N/A since I got this, the power from low down is so addictive and somehow it still manages to be gear happy and almost encourage you to throw the gears frequently which is amazing, I will admit I saw a video of someone thrashing an FN the other day and I did miss the noise/aggression of the longer rev range, but that’s the first time I’ve probably felt that and it wasn’t anywhere near enough to second guess the FK!
    Yeah, FK2's seem more exclusive since they didn't sell that many. They always turn my head, especially in white, black or blue (not a fan of red for some reason...don't know why).

How's the sound? Every time I've passed an FK2 (or one has passed me), they've always been cruising sedately!

Quote Originally Posted by T-RR View Post
    Yeah, FK2's seem more exclusive since they didn't sell that many. They always turn my head, especially in white, black or blue (not a fan of red for some reason...don't know why).

How's the sound? Every time I've passed an FK2 (or one has passed me), they've always been cruising sedately!
    Ironically I wanted Red! But that may be because my previous 2 civics were Red so Iím biased...

I actually really like the factory sound, low revs itís very sociable, but when you give it some they do make themselves known if the area youíre in isnít too loud, only reason Iím changing the exhaust is because I wanted that little bit more aggression and volume, the reason I got the Remus was being valved I didnít have to sacrifice the practicality of the standard system to have a bit more volume when the mood took me there!

You better take some nice go pro footage of that exhaust once its all fitted!
    2004 Civic Type R - Current - Build Thread
    1999 Integra Type R - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by SK-R View Post
    You better take some nice go pro footage of that exhaust once its all fitted!
    Iíll nick my brothers, will be keen to hear it from the outside not that a go pro will do it full justice!

Last edited by D3ano; 17-08-2018 at 12:20 PM.