Home
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: D3an0ís 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

So! The update Iíve been excited about, drove to Birmingham last night straight after work and didnít get home till about 2am but it was worth it, in looking for a tailgate badge I stumbled on this entire tailgate for a very, very good price and the fact it had the Honda Carbon wing which is a part Iíve wanted for a while I jumped at it, struts of the wing have a couple marks on which may polish out, thereís a small mark that will need to be repaired but the carbon is sound which is the main thing, as youíll see itís also got the Honda Carbon tailgate garnish as well which I hadnít planned on getting but can now test fit and decide if I want it or not, worst case scenario canít imagine it will be hard to sell but Iím going to see how I like it first, now going to spend the day stripping it all off and then try and flog the bare boot lid if that doesnít go within 5 days or so itíll be down the dump as I just donít have the space for it... anyways pictures again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D3ano For This Useful Post:

dweezle (26-09-2018), Staffs Deltic (12-03-2019)

Thanked 7,190 Times in 3,893 Posts

Nice find.

Iím sure youíll be able to sell that boot lid on.
    Black M2.

Quote Originally Posted by dotty View Post
    Nice find.

Iím sure youíll be able to sell that boot lid on.
    Cheers Dotty, was over the moon, only had to pay £700 so it was a proper bargain, I dug through and got all the parts I wanted myself, found a few bits of the trim missing and a bit of damage to where the boot catch mechanism sits, donít know where thatís come from as I didnít think the parts had come off a wrote off car so decided to strip it of anything of value bar the loom as I didnít have the time to fully pull it apart and just stick it down the dump, seemed a waste dumping the glass but Iíve nowhere for it, currently sharing my room with everything I pulled off I did feel terribly guilty chucking the boot lid in the dump, feels wrong just throwing a part of such a special car

Quote Originally Posted by D3ano View Post
    Cheers Dotty, was over the moon, only had to pay £700 so it was a proper bargain, I dug through and got all the parts I wanted myself, found a few bits of the trim missing and a bit of damage to where the boot catch mechanism sits, don’t know where that’s come from as I didn’t think the parts had come off a wrote off car so decided to strip it of anything of value bar the loom as I didn’t have the time to fully pull it apart and just stick it down the dump, seemed a waste dumping the glass but I’ve nowhere for it, currently sharing my room with everything I pulled off I did feel terribly guilty chucking the boot lid in the dump, feels wrong just throwing a part of such a special car

I thought finding a bonnet for my EP3 for £50 was a bargain, but your definition of it is definitely another level

I'm happy for you though, how much would it have cost for the carbon bits if bought separately?
    2004 Civic Type R - Current - Build Thread
    1999 Integra Type R - Gone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SK-R For This Useful Post:

D3ano (27-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by SK-R View Post
    I thought finding a bonnet for my EP3 for £50 was a bargain, but your definition of it is definitely another level

I'm happy for you though, how much would it have cost for the carbon bits if bought separately?
    Normally wouldnít consider that kind of money a bargain! But seeing as the wing is £1700 direct from Honda, and I believe the rear carbon strip was £250-£300, not sure if thatís totally correct but I also think most places canít get ahold of it from Honda anymore, so those two alone exceed what I paid quite a bit!

I managed to take the reverse camera out as well as both rear badges, the number plate lights, the locking mechanism and the boot brake light all of which I donít need but am undecided as to if I should try sell on or sit on just in case they could come in handy in future...

Normally wouldn’t consider that kind of money a bargain! But seeing as the wing is £1700 direct from Honda, and I believe the rear carbon strip was £250-£300, not sure if that’s totally correct but I also think most places can’t get ahold of it from Honda anymore, so those two alone exceed what I paid quite a bit!

I managed to take the reverse camera out as well as both rear badges, the number plate lights, the locking mechanism and the boot brake light all of which I don’t need but am undecided as to if I should try sell on or sit on just in case they could come in handy in future...

Ahh right, I see that make sense. £1700 for a wing lol, how many bhp does it say it adds again?

I'd honestly keep the parts as spares mate, you'd be surprised how much those things will cost when it comes to replacing one and having to source it from a breaker. That said, how long are you planning on keeping the car?

Ahh right, I see that make sense. £1700 for a wing lol, how many bhp does it say it adds again?
    Isn't it about 5 bhp for a wing? Altho the carbon takes it to 10 bhp.

Nice find though and lovely car.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    Type R #1 - Cosmic Grey EP3

I'd honestly keep the parts as spares mate, you'd be surprised how much those things will cost when it comes to replacing one and having to source it from a breaker. That said, how long are you planning on keeping the car?
    Brand markup isnít it just because of that little Honda stamp on it!

I may well do so, they donít take up much space at all just the rear break light and surround that will be awkward but not unmanageable! I havenít put a time frame on it to be honest, Iíve only ever owned Hondas and factoring in how I said from the prototype stages I would get one of these itís quite special to me, that being said if I was in a position to move up to a GTR Iíd find that hard to turn down, I keep telling myself things going well I may look at getting an NSX in 5 years time or so but theyíre appreciating and I wouldnít daily something like that so thatís all circumstantial at the moment, I do hope to have this for a long long time though

Quote Originally Posted by Nidge76 View Post
    Isn't it about 5 bhp for a wing? Altho the carbon takes it to 10 bhp.

Nice find though and lovely car.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    Damn... well under my estimate of 50bhp

Thanks though mate

Brand markup isn’t it just because of that little Honda stamp on it!

I may well do so, they don’t take up much space at all just the rear break light and surround that will be awkward but not unmanageable! I haven’t put a time frame on it to be honest, I’ve only ever owned Hondas and factoring in how I said from the prototype stages I would get one of these it’s quite special to me, that being said if I was in a position to move up to a GTR I’d find that hard to turn down, I keep telling myself things going well I may look at getting an NSX in 5 years time or so but they’re appreciating and I wouldn’t daily something like that so that’s all circumstantial at the moment, I do hope to have this for a long long time though

Daily driving a GTR will be a great laugh come end of month I know because one of my best buddies has one, you don't want to know how much he shelled out for a "brake service" at Nissan last year lol. (yes I know, you can do it yourself but still )

NSX as in new NSX or the proper one? Since you mentioned appreciating I guess you mean old, in which case hell yeah go for it. Appreciating or not, I'd daily the hell out of it. It was made to daily driven, essentially Ferrari levels of performance (at the time) and daily honda reliability.

The FK2 is a nice car though and if you do end up getting an NSX, just daily the FK2 and take the NSX out on them sunny (rare) days