• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Evening all,

Little back story to me. I’ve floated around the forum for a few years when I got my first R about 4-5 years ago, a 2008 FN2, I had a list of things I intended to do to the car but lost motivation and seemed to prioritise everything else over it.

Prior to that I had a 2004 EP2 sport, as my first car, that thing I treated like a princess spared no expense, including the £190 a month I was paying to insure the thing quite the contrast to what I pay now 7 years later!

Just last month I finally accepted that I was never going to be happy with the FN, it wasn’t a bad car by any means but my desire for a bit of boost and the money it needed to get it tip top just stopped me from fully enjoying it, I made the snap decision to start looking at FK2’s again, I’d previously started when Honda first announced them which coincided with me starting a new job but at the time it wasn’t reasonable to get one, I found one for a very good price not too far from home, went and viewed it and went back 3 hours later to take it home, I can’t fault it at all bar the fact it’s not the best colour available (Milano Red/Pink) like my previous 2 Civ’s, absolutely adore it and so glad to have the motivation and desire for a car again.

So far it’s only had a few basic things:
-Two new rear tyres
-Private Reg
-Both front wheels fully refurbished
-Heko wind deflectors
-PMC Carbon gear surround
-Carbon Gear Knob
-Tank of super unleaded fuel every f***ing week since I’ve had it

Pending shares from work in August getting released I’m toying with either getting the Eventuri, a exhaust (not 100% on which) or getting some Volks ZE40’s as I’m not a huge fan of the standard wheels. But that may take a few months of deciding after as none of them are a massively cheap option, also a full detail prior to getting my brother to get some proper photos of the thing, being a car I’ve lusted over for nearly 4 years I want it hanging pride of place in the house in case I can’t see it out the window

Anyways on to the stuff anyone only ever reads these for, the pictures!

35a6e7216948ff552042a88e389d3369.jpg

90461d1195c7012c93bf26beb83bb7e6.jpg

8a04b8f1f1dd3381a0a2e6edf6731715.jpg

6ac40ab5bcc546bbc009fd7cc3ed8077.jpg

1bb37e2d50e2eb92aa77c6a735b54ccb.jpg

beca736f2003a559325f423ccd43753a.jpg

f5d713af63de2cf8b53c64e69a91a4ec.jpg

246d22f3cfa4e02c6b8741f9f0f3d3af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little update...

Had it’s second year service yesterday, rear pads were 90% worn and it also needed the air filter and clutch fluid done but nothing too expensive, had a jazz for the day as I live about 30 mins from the dealership and wanted to make sure I was about for a delivery (mentioned in the next paragraph) can’t say I enjoyed that automotive experience if I’m honest...

I caved and went for a Remus and the sound controller as well as an Eventuri, booked in at Dream for all the work to be done at the end of the month so I’m now sat staring the Remus in the face as it’s sat in my room

Also got some carbon vents from Tegiwa to fill my time till the exhaust and Eventuri go on, they need a little tidying up before I can fit them so I’ve got to go grab a Dremel at some point this week but I’m hoping, weather and time permitting, I might get them on this weekend

Anyways photos again!

fc8c0415ac2ce4408b1c6fb7c0000475.jpg

f37884a113efb459ee34dd4524d1de40.jpg

afb354d665082e5bcb6d29d86434fa8f.jpg

bf1d791f1160bcf79761d109f08dab67.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love shiny bits! Also that "sound inside" box lol

That’s the fun bit! Valve controller/controller module/Bluetooth button (for when I can’t use the app on the phone) to be honest that’s the bit I keep opening and looking at

Very nice car! Looks awesome in black.

The FK2 splits me apart because I can't get enough of the outrageous exterior BUT I worry I'd miss an N/A engine...

Thank God I'm not in a financial position to consider buying one anyway lol

Very nice car! Looks awesome in black.

The FK2 splits me apart because I can't get enough of the outrageous exterior BUT I worry I'd miss an N/A engine...

Thank God I'm not in a financial position to consider buying one anyway lol

I absolutely love the exterior and it draws a lot of looks which I like coming from an FN2 which was seen as pretty commonplace really.

I haven’t really thought of the old N/A since I got this, the power from low down is so addictive and somehow it still manages to be gear happy and almost encourage you to throw the gears frequently which is amazing, I will admit I saw a video of someone thrashing an FN the other day and I did miss the noise/aggression of the longer rev range, but that’s the first time I’ve probably felt that and it wasn’t anywhere near enough to second guess the FK!

I absolutely love the exterior and it draws a lot of looks which I like coming from an FN2 which was seen as pretty commonplace really.

I haven’t really thought of the old N/A since I got this, the power from low down is so addictive and somehow it still manages to be gear happy and almost encourage you to throw the gears frequently which is amazing, I will admit I saw a video of someone thrashing an FN the other day and I did miss the noise/aggression of the longer rev range, but that’s the first time I’ve probably felt that and it wasn’t anywhere near enough to second guess the FK!

Yeah, FK2's seem more exclusive since they didn't sell that many. They always turn my head, especially in white, black or blue (not a fan of red for some reason...don't know why).

How's the sound? Every time I've passed an FK2 (or one has passed me), they've always been cruising sedately!

Yeah, FK2's seem more exclusive since they didn't sell that many. They always turn my head, especially in white, black or blue (not a fan of red for some reason...don't know why).

How's the sound? Every time I've passed an FK2 (or one has passed me), they've always been cruising sedately!

Ironically I wanted Red! But that may be because my previous 2 civics were Red so I’m biased...

I actually really like the factory sound, low revs it’s very sociable, but when you give it some they do make themselves known if the area you’re in isn’t too loud, only reason I’m changing the exhaust is because I wanted that little bit more aggression and volume, the reason I got the Remus was being valved I didn’t have to sacrifice the practicality of the standard system to have a bit more volume when the mood took me there!

You better take some nice go pro footage of that exhaust once its all fitted!

I’ll nick my brothers, will be keen to hear it from the outside not that a go pro will do it full justice!

Simply awesome and i would not have done it any different myself. The car looks awesome in black and i personally wouldnt go for any other colour. Enjoy it please as there is a very jealous EP3 owner typing here haha.

Simply awesome and i would not have done it any different myself. The car looks awesome in black and i personally wouldnt go for any other colour. Enjoy it please as there is a very jealous EP3 owner typing here haha.

Haha thanks bud! Few more little hints of carbon and I’ll probably cool off till next year and try squeeze some more power out of it, possibly anyway as I love it as it is so far! Like I say, I’m biased to red so that was the top option!

Test fitted the carbon vents today, first one sat perfectly, second one however didn’t, seems to be a few mm long on trailing edge leading to the back of the car, now sat trying to weigh up options as its no longer excess material its the length of the piece causing the issue and would require messing with the actual carbon, side note its a cobweb in the second photo not a scratch!
a2f2f91b5ecb0227eea688cf05f3a0ef.jpg

836b50dcb2f08e98d7c36e511a6a8ac0.jpg

No progress on the carbon vents... haven’t had the time to get round to them but finally got down to Dream today and got the Remus and Eventuri fitted, I’m over the moon the car sounds incredible now and probably just the placebo effect but it feels as though the throttle is a lot more responsive, just needs a good clean from the journey down. Phil and Simon at Dream were phenomenal, so welcoming and have filled my head with more things I want to get for the FK... the OZ wheels hanging up in the office certainly caught my eye as well as the discussions we had about maps.

Hoping to have the vents on this weekend, in the meantime have a photo of the Eventuri in all its Carbon goodness till I can get the vents on and some more photos/videos of the Remus and Eventuri together!

e9540c665fc80610859f69752267a5e9.jpg

3b3e7a4ec36112c39f82488d1680fc2e.jpg

Back with a little update, I’ve had some goodies in the post today (Carbon goodies) so decided to get to fitting them all, and the vents while I was in a carbon motivated mindset
Vents are sat in place being left to bond for 24hrs so all should be good tomorrow! The other two were just some small bits I took a fancy too as you’ll see
82eb458c9e459bff83b5b097124a9b9d.jpg

6a4af11b484764c9807bdeef2a291eb9.jpg

a387097c95de163946aee61c54db5b9f.jpg

e8494d34dc1f332f46a6121e61f08024.jpg

I am too jealous right now :D

Unlike the FK8, the FK2 looks are spot on imo.

I prefer the front end of the 8, the rear doesn’t come close to the rear of the 2 though, also the potential rarity of them appealed to me, what with the limited run!

For those that are interested, a small video of the Remus with the valve opened, excuse the excessive throttle while reversing, I like the noise and was parking in an echoey spot

Also no idea how to embed the video so will have to make do with an imgur link, sorry!

https://imgur.com/a/ilR84r8

Just a little update, hadn’t planned on anything major for the foreseeable future however a genuine Honda black/carbon spoiler popped up while I was searching for a genuine FK Type R tailgate badge to use for a carbon mold/skin. When I first started fantasising about getting an FK and using Honda’s builder on their website it was the one thing I said I wanted before reality set in and I realised it would be too much of a financial stretch to get one of these at the time so the fact one has popped up now and I’m able to consider it, I’m struggling to resist the temptation, I’m talking to the seller at the moment and all going well I’ll hopefully get it and have it on will have to see what they can do price wise as it would be a totally unplanned purchase and it’s a 200 odd mile round trip for me to pick up... getting on for a tank of fuel for a single journey... fingers crossed all goes well

Back