• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Centre Hub Caps Missing

Hi,

Has anyone had any centre caps come off? The past 2 month i have had 2 caps come off the same alloy. I am starting to think that could be possibly someone removing them from the car, but i'm not seeing any signs of any scratches etc.

I'm making a note to check the car now every time i park it up, monitor it for the next few weeks.

Only time I ever lost wheel centre caps on my EP3 was after track use. Excessive wheel heat would deform the plastic cap and eventually they would fall off.
With that in mind, is a brake caliper binding and seizing causing excessive heat to the wheel?

Only time I ever lost wheel centre caps on my EP3 was after track use. Excessive wheel heat would deform the plastic cap and eventually they would fall off.
With that in mind, is a brake caliper binding and seizing causing excessive heat to the wheel?

Don't think so mate, Drove home from work yesterday, VTEC'ed it a few times, Takes around 30 mins to get home. No braking difficulties on excessively hot wheels.

My area sadly does seem to have a lot of Pot holes , is their a possibility the vibrations can be tapping them out?

Back