• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Aftermarket wheel specs

I’m looking to get some new wheels for my FK2, I’m hoping to go 19 inch again, but with some better fitment in the arches? I’d like to get as close to flush as possible without causing any rubbing issues - I’m keeping the car stock ride height as I couldn’t get it onto the drive if I lowered it, i’d Potentially like to go for some bigger tyres as well 245 I believe is what people run. What are people’s recommendation for specs on after market wheels, I’ve found quite a few that offer a lot of ET choices but I’m not sure what to go for and don’t really understand it all, I’ve been saving up for these for a while so don’t want to get it wrong! Any advice from some experts? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad someone has made this thread was looking at changing mine down the line, so will be good to see what other peoples experiences were, and I share the same problem with ride height so this is handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 18mm spacers on standard wheels with standard size tyres and the rears rub so I wouldn't go any lower than et45

summer setup: factory wheels, with 255/35/19 tyres.
winter: 225/40/18, on 8x18 ET42's.
no issues either way.

I found 255's tyres on 19's are cheaper as it's the size a number of euro marques use - Jag, BMW, Audi's. also max size on 8.5 width to give you the most kerb protection.

Thanks for the info guys, glad I asked, I was looking at wheels with ET’s in the mid to late 30’s! I suppose I could go with Veehexx tyres and then try spacers like MB, I’ve just had a bad experience with spacers in the past failing so always a bit worried about them... I’ll carry on looking, anybody else running aftermarket wheels and know the specs?

wheel stud pattern is a common size but like you've found most have a low ET there are some out there like oz that do the right sort of ET think it might be BMW 1 series that has similar specs but will still need spigot rings

When i bought my cheap winter wheels, spigot rings were supplied so should be good to have them included.
Hasn't been mentioned yet, but factory 19's are ET60. Biggest unknown that i encountered were if the wheels would fit M14 studs. Most wheel nuts are m12's on 19mm. worth having confirmed but doesn't appear to be an issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Back