• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

3rd Gen Civic Questions

I purchased a 1986 third gen Civic last year as a project car. It’s been sat around for a while since then but I’m finally getting round to getting it into a workshop.

Does anyone know if it’s still possible to get bodypanels for the third gen? Would the rear arches from a CRX fit the 3rd gen Civic hatchback? Also does anyone know of any good 3rd gen dedicated forums?

Cheers

Unless you're planning on pulling it apart at the seams I would have thought the rear arches were a part of the body monocoque on an AG/AH chassis?

Before you do anything have a good look over it for rot. I have an '88 CRX and it's a never ending quest.

Just be sure you're happy with it before you lift a finger

There will definitely be some rot but it will all be getting sorted regardless. I won’t be the one sorting it, just the one picking up the bill!

It will hopefully be a full strip down, this is a car I intend to keep for a long long time.

I used to have a Civic 1990 1.6 and my mate had a crx 1989 the front end ie wings bonnet and bumper were same fittment however I believe the rear 3/4 was different.

Back