• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Tyre Deflation System

No.. it makes a nicer noise though :p and I could have opted for the comp when I bought mine but decided against it.

I noticed the FK2 chap on insta (w88_jsn) also went the M2 route, think he said it was the quality side of things that made him move from Honda,
I'm equally impressed with his garage, built in car lift in the floor :D

The only car I've come across with as sensitive TPMS are the Peugeot 308s we have at work, and even then it was only when temps dropped below zero...

Just a reminder to anyone new to the FK2 or FK8 or anyone who hasn't read this thread from the start :D

According to the manual, hard acceleration or braking can trigger a false alert (it's a hot hatch FFS!). It also goes on to say:

"Instead of directly monitoring the pressure in each tyre, the deflation warning system on this vehicle monitors and compares the rolling radius and rotational characteristics of each wheel and tyre while you are driving to determine if one or more tyres are significantly under-inflated."

The TPMS that measures wheel rotation (more specifically wheel rotation frequency) isn’t the most accurate and can be triggered by other means. As said driving the car hard can cause the light on, difference of a few mm of tread between the tyres, wheel buckle, hitting pot holes etc.
Ideally after resetting the TPMS you need to drive along a relatively straight smooth road for the system to correctly calibrate. Something that’s a struggle on our roads.

Regards,Mark.

I lost confidence in the in-built TPMS when mine failed to trigger an alarm of any sort after a pothole impact completely deflated my front tyre.

Luckily only the tyre was ruined, but as a result I bought and fitted one of these:
https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/solar-colour/
£99 well spent. I now have real time tyre pressure and temperature monitoring. Worth every penny for the peace of mind alone.

(I have no links with the company, just super impressed with their product.)

Neil

I hit a pothole yesterday, made one of those bangs you know is serious. A small dent/scratch into the left front rim sadly, and no doubt its buckled but its not apparent from the steering so I touched it up with halfords paint and it looks fine and I am going to ignore it. It was the same wheel I replaced last time after buying one off dotty...

Back