• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 dashboard fizzing at 3.5k revs...

Anyone experience the centre console buzzing at 3500 rpm?

Grrrr...it's completely doing my head-in.... give me a piston through the cylinder block any day over at intermittent rattle from the dashboard!

Seems to be worse in the hot weather.

Had Holden Honda look at it twice but to no avail

Any clues where to look/listen/resolve would be appreciated!

This was related to the a pillar trim is yours more from the centre console? If so mate I regret not sure anyone's fixed it. I will say this though, the more miles I have done the less it seems to happen. Everything has got looser!

I had a buzz from the centre of the car. After weeks of investigation I found the centre speaker to be the cause. I proved this by popping it out. And as if by magic the buzz was gone. The centre speaker has little clips that hold it in and some of them were loose.

Dealer ordered me a new speaker under warranty and replaced it for me. Buzz has gone :)

I've had similar noises at around 3,000 rpms, noise seems to appear when the engine has warmed up. However over the last few weeks the noise seems to have dissapeared which I guess is mainly due to the hot weather!
The car seems to run and drive alot better in the hot weather too, gear changes more slick!

I've had similar noises at around 3,000 rpms, noise seems to appear when the engine has warmed up. However over the last few weeks the noise seems to have dissapeared which I guess is mainly due to the hot weather!
The car seems to run and drive alot better in the hot weather too, gear changes more slick!

offset by less dense air for the turbo!!!

Thanks for all the tips on where to investigate the infuriating dash buzzing.

Turns out it was simply the centre speaker grill. The A pillar speaker grill also tries to occasionally play along.
Haven't done a permanent fix yet but at least I know how to silence it when it starts buzzing!

Incidentally, cracking day for Honda at Snetterton BTCC yesterday... in traditional British Motorsport wet/dry/wet weather!

Yeah I enjoyed the racing yesterday...

Those pesky Fk2's are quick, but the 8 had the last laugh.

I watched a DVD (remember those) on the front of 'Fast Car' or something like that of Matt Neal driving the Ep3 civic and although ever so slightly biased was the final push for me to get one

Thanks for all the tips on where to investigate the infuriating dash buzzing.

Turns out it was simply the centre speaker grill. The A pillar speaker grill also tries to occasionally play along.
Haven't done a permanent fix yet but at least I know how to silence it when it starts buzzing!

Incidentally, cracking day for Honda at Snetterton BTCC yesterday... in traditional British Motorsport wet/dry/wet weather!

See my post above. Exact same issue and Honda replaced it under warranty

Back