• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

clutch replacement :-(

Hi guys.

Clutch is really low to the floor and hard to get into reverse (works if I go 1st then reverse). been quoted £420, thats an ok price isnt it???

On another note... anyone give me advice about removal of bolt on caliper bracket, it will not budge

Dean

That's not unreasonable. You might be able to save a few pennies buying Exedy rather than Honda. Same part made in same factory, different label. It is recommended that you buy an OEM release bearing though as the Exedy ones are known to make a bit of noise.

For stuck nut, impact driver or a breaker bar + long pipe. Best to avoid penetrating fluid unless you can get your discs and pads well out of the way first.

Clutch is really low to the floor and hard to get into reverse (works if I go 1st then reverse). been quoted £420, thats an ok price isnt it???

I got quoted £780 for a clutch replacement last week and was assured that was way too much by the guys on here. Had a new clutch this morning from a new place and it's £500 for an Exedy clutch kit, gearbox oil replacement, fitting, and they're looking at some noise coming from the gearbox for me as well. £420 sounds like a pretty good price.

Back