• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

calipers & backing plate

Anyone overhauled the rear calipers??? Seen the kits on ebay.

Any advice on replacing rear back plate/dust shield? told you have to replace hub. My backing plate is in pieces :-(

Dean

I replaced the rear backing plates on my fn2. It was a bit of a faff, wheels off, calipers off, discs off then undo castle nut and pull wheel bearing from hub. Ended up shearing two bolts one side and three the other. Had to drill them out and re-tap the hole with m6 tap. I believe the ep3 is the same, easy enough to do just take your time use penetrating oil on the bolts and have replacement bolts ready as they will likely snap. I believe they were 25mm m6 that hold the backing plate, three each side with washers.

I replaced the rear backing plates on my fn2. It was a bit of a faff, wheels off, calipers off, discs off then undo castle nut and pull wheel bearing from hub. Ended up shearing two bolts one side and three the other. Had to drill them out and re-tap the hole with m6 tap. I believe the ep3 is the same, easy enough to do just take your time use penetrating oil on the bolts and have replacement bolts ready as they will likely snap. I believe they were 25mm m6 that hold the backing plate, three each side with washers.

hahahahha. Ive just done the same thing, i broke 2 bolts. drilled one....but got thinking... it only hold that horrible bit of tine on... could i not get bigger washers for the actual bolt holding the hub (or whatever its called lol), then this will pinch the new backing plate in place?

Thanks

I wouldn't advise doing that as the plate would only be supported in the centre and they bend and move fairly easily and could come off while doing speed causing some damage or an accident. It's only a bit of extra work to re-tap the holes and replace the bolts

Back