• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake pads for the ep3

The brakes have never been the best bit of owning 3 type r's. The brake fade was noticeable the other day when I had to drop the speed quickly. I have done nothing to the brakes since buying the car and took a look to see what pads were on it. Apec on the front and Borg and Beck on the rears. I'm looking to upgrade to a pad with plenty of bite and no fade. Suggestions? I've been considering Stoptech, Ebc yellowstuff, Pbs prorace, Cosworth and DS2500 despite the mixed opinion.

If i had a choice, id go for the PROJECT MU HC800. Going to get these if my EBC Yellowstuff are not my cup of tea.

Still use OEM rears for the track car too, just no need really to change them for anything different.

I use brembo on the rears (very cheap still, if not cheaper than OEM) and Stoptech at the front. Will be getting PBS once the Stoptech's are done to give them a go.

Not sure how they are over OEM, as the car came with a set (they were just almost done so I bought a new set), but with the combination of better brake fluid, braided lines and new calipers all around the car stops like a tank. Can't comment on fade as I have not pushed it as hard as I want to just yet, but will soon enough find out.

They are very good for brake dust and make no noise, so in that department they are great. I'm sure it's an improvement over OEM from what I've heard, Tom over at TGM Fleet also recommends them for a daily EP3.

Not sure how they are over OEM, as the car came with a set (they were just almost done so I bought a new set), but with the combination of better brake fluid, braided lines and new calipers all around the car stops like a tank. Can't comment on fade as I have not pushed it as hard as I want to just yet, but will soon enough find out.

They are very good for brake dust and make no noise, so in that department they are great. I'm sure it's an improvement over OEM from what I've heard, Tom over at TGM Fleet also recommends them for a daily EP3.

I'm thinking Stoptech or PBS for my next set of front pads, the Project Mu HC800's haven't lived up to the hype for me and I just don't think they're that good once hot either.

I got stoptech pads for the fronts for £62, and brembo for the rears £15. Happy with that.

Back