• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2005 Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R

Hi All

This is only my first post on TRO, despite being a fan of the EP3 since the first time I experienced one some 11 years ago. I myself have owned various japanese, french and german cars over the years. So when this particular CTR was brought to my attention in June, I found myself wanting it.

In particular it was the low mileage and few owners that caught my attention and following some negotiation, a price was agreed and before I knew it, myself and the GF were sat on the 11:17 GWR from Paddington to Lostwithel.

Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised how nice the car was in person. Jamie (the owner), had made me aware of a couple of small blemishes via whatsapp, so I knew what to expect.

Originally supplied by Reading Honda and with just 52,000 miles on the clock, this Cosmic Grey EP3 appeared to be a bit of a gem. With only 3 Owners from new, the 2nd owner being a lady who owned the car from 2010 to 2017 and has obviously looked after the car in that time. The most recent owner was the chap from Cornwall, who also had a white Evo 6 Tommi Makinen like myself and was into his Jap cars. He purchased it in July 2017 and had taken it to Honda in February for a service, a good sign that he too cares about the car.

So regardless of mileage, the car has been serviced annually either by Honda or an independent garage. It also has Air Conditioning, Front Fogs, Parking Sensors and the DVD Sat Nav headunit which I believe are all options above standard. Jamie also had a brand new pair of foglamps which he included with the car as the ones currently fitted are damaged.

Overall the car is very very nice with little to no wear or damage to the interior, it's like a 2005 time warp. The exterior needs a few small jobs and the engine bay needs a freshen up. So I am very pleased with this purchase!

There is already a job list I have made for the car, to bring it back to it's former glory and the plan is to drive it daily until Autumn arrives. She returned over 300 miles to a tank of V-power on the way home, this is with extended periods of travelling at speed on the motorway. I will brim the tank again laster and work out the mpg from there.

I will post some photos of the car below but for now here's the intended job list.

Replace the following;
OEM Front grille badge (has been stone chipped)
OEM Carpet Mat set (quite tired)
OEM radio antenna (the end has been chewed by something?)
New wheel centre caps
Rocker cover needs refurbishment (I believe a firm on here do an exchange)
Auxillery belt (looks a little tired)
Front fog lamps

The other jobs are just to restore the car and include;
Headlight polishing
A scratch on the rear quarter which should polish out
The front bumper requires a localised repair
Refurbish the wheels (does anyone have a code for these?)
The rear bumper has a small amount of laquer damage around PDC sensors.

That's it for now and I look forward to updating this thread with my progress.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos below
d58074cf37bd61b621f7ff6170028649.jpg
04dbf649e25c940a9f488bd412b07ddd.jpg
57eaa9fda302cd72f4abba23a1592362.jpg

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1532955445169.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1532955445169.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 42
  • PhotoGrid_1532955491112.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1532955491112.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 36
  • PhotoGrid_1532955479291.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1532955479291.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 35
Welcome. Nice find with the history, owners and mileage. I'm sure you will enjoy the car, they are fantastic.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Is this RossyT's mate? I saw that reg posted on here a few days ago. Think it was him IIRC.

Thanks Hazz.

My intention is to restore it back to a clean OEM spec. Do you know what tyres were fitted to these from the dealer, are they the Kumho? I have 3x Kuhmo and 1x Michelin. Not ideal, so need to replace a pair.

Floor mats and new antenna should be here tomorrow from Honda and the front badge later in the week.

Bridgestone potenza 205 45 17. They're really not the best though.... Not the cheapest either!

If it's a daily driver and no track use, I'd recommend the Goodyear eagle F1 AS2 or AS3 in 215 40 17. For the money it's a great road tyre.

Any track use, get some Yoko AD08R. Again 215 40 17.

Cheers Hazz.

The car won't be going on track, so will probably look at the Goodyear. I have the Michelin PS4S on my Evo and they are truly fantastic.

Oh aye, they're an awesome tyre. Much better than the EF1. I think they're a bit overkill for a road car personally but if you can afford it then go for it!!

Looking through all the paperwork this evening and found the original PDI form with the car.

50a6869c44c2d2019b68a935d6f4b967.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers Hazz.

The car won't be going on track, so will probably look at the Goodyear. I have the Michelin PS4S on my Evo and they are truly fantastic.

Get PS4's on the Civic mate, they are amazing tires. Done 1k miles in mine so far and I love them, had them on every Beemer before hand (and before that just MPSS).

For track, AD08R or R888R though.

Back