• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2005 Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R

Still to do

Rocker cover needs refurbishment
Auxillery belt (looks a little tired)

The other jobs are just to restore the car and include;

Headlight polishing.

A scratch on the rear quarter which should polish out.

The rear bumper has a small amount of laquer damage around PDC sensors.

Dent removal from doors and rear quarters.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In the interest of updating my job list.

Replace the following;
OEM Front grille badge (has been stone chipped) Done
OEM Carpet Mat set (quite tired)Done
OEM radio antenna (the end has been chewed by something?)Done
New wheel centre capsDone
Rocker cover needs refurbishment (I believe a firm on here do an exchange)
Auxillery belt (looks a little tired)
Front fog lamps Done

The other jobs are just to restore the car and include;
Headlight polishing
A scratch on the rear quarter which should polish out
The front bumper requires a localised repair Done
Refurbish the wheels (does anyone have a code for these?)Done
The rear bumper has a small amount of laquer damage around PDC sensors.
Dent removal from doors and rear quarters.Done

Looking better!
14a07b052656cdcc24baaa98cadbf27e.jpg

How come you're selling it? It's been hardly a year, since you bought it.
I've just had an offer accepted on a big lump of bricks and mortar. The cash would go towards helping. Besides I'm not getting any use of it.

Where is considered the best place to advertise an enthusiast owned EP3 ? Pistonheads is my first thought.

I've just had an offer accepted on a big lump of bricks and mortar. The cash would go towards helping. Besides I'm not getting any use of it.

Bricks and mortar and the “it’s not being used” has made me sell many cars before, (ones that I long since regretted) yours looks such a good example, shame to see her go - hold on if you could mate, ones in condition like that, she is only going up in value and going to be harder to get back into. Don’t sell, just take her out once in a while that will justify the tax and insurance, and running costs. :lol:

Saying that, I would agree with pistons heads, but would also suggest a couple of others:
- EP3 Owners group on Facebook (always people on there asking what’s for sale)
- Civic Type R Owners group on Facebook

Also don’t forget here and the TRO Facebook group page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bricks and mortar and the “it’s not being used” has made me sell many cars before, (ones that I long since regretted) yours looks such a good example, shame to see her go - hold on if you could mate, ones in condition like that, she is only going up in value and going to be harder to get back into. Don’t sell, just take her out once in a while that will justify the tax and insurance, and running costs.

Saying that, I would agree with pistons heads, but would also suggest a couple of others:
- EP3 Owners group on Facebook (always people on there asking what’s for sale)
- Civic Type R Owners group on Facebook

Also don’t forget here and the TRO Facebook group page.
I drove the Type R to work this morning to have some detailing work carried out and it's pretty much ready to advertise. It drives very nicely and I did get that nice nostalgic feeling behind the wheel.

I hear what you're saying and it would be great to keep it but I do have something else to fall back on, which gets driven even less...
4d5f067e1061c6ecba018788a760b484.jpg

I drove the Type R to work this morning to have some detailing work carried out and it's pretty much ready to advertise. It drives very nicely and I did get that nice nostalgic feeling behind the wheel.

I hear what you're saying and it would be great to keep it but I do have something else to fall back on, which gets driven even less...
4d5f067e1061c6ecba018788a760b484.jpg

Rich at DetailR? Bet he did a cracking job on it for you.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

He certainly did, I use him a lot. Heading over there in the morning coincidentally.

Excellent.

I'm really grateful to Rich because when I got my EP3 he was kind enough to spend a couple of hours showing me how to use my new polisher so I could be confident polishing my own car.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Back