• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Track wheel size and tyre advice

Hi guys

I'm looking at getting some lighter alloys for the track and am just a little confused with sizes.

would i be right in that any alloy will fit my car if there the same size as the original alloys?

https://www.ozracing.com/uk/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/i-tech/alleggerita-hlt i really like the look of these and every website I've been on say they fit the car but some say that the right width is 7.5", I'm planning on fitting coilovers and setting the car up for track.

Also which tyre size would you go for with the above alloys in mind 205 or 215? tyre of choice i was thinking was either nankang ns2rs of yokohamas AD08R.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

alex

What car you got? Fn2 oem is 7.5", Ep3 is 7".
Pcd is 5x114.3
Et offset oem is 55 for Fn2 and 45 for Ep3. You can go a bit lower but every 5 lower brings the outside edge 5mm further out.
Centre bore is 64.1. You can get bigger bore eg.73.1 and get spigots to reduce to 64.1
Most aftermarket wheels have the tapered fitting for wheel nuts, you'll probably need to get tapered wheel nuts (something to check when you get the wheels)

What car you got? Fn2 oem is 7.5", Ep3 is 7".
Pcd is 5x114.3
Et offset oem is 55 for Fn2 and 45 for Ep3. You can go a bit lower but every 5 lower brings the outside edge 5mm further out.
Centre bore is 64.1. You can get bigger bore eg.73.1 and get spigots to reduce to 64.1
Most aftermarket wheels have the tapered fitting for wheel nuts, you'll probably need to get tapered wheel nuts (something to check when you get the wheels)

Sorry would be helpful EP3 :lol: so 7" width with a 45 offset and them wheels should be fine? i'll look into the wheel nuts didn't even consider them!

Sorry would be helpful EP3 :lol: so 7" width with a 45 offset and them wheels should be fine?

Yes those are the OEM wheel specs so will be fine. For reference I run AD08Rs in 215/40 on a 7.5" wheel with ET37 offset, on coilovers, and it doesn't scrub at all.

Ep3. I run 7.5" Rota Boost on 215/45/17 AD08r offset et45.
Centre bore is 73.1 but I have spigot rings to 64.1.
No issues at all.

I run 17x8 ET35. Rear arches need a little rolling.
You could probably get away with a lower offset on the front to increase the front track. But to some it can be aggro having odd size wheels/tyres between front and rear.

Are team dynamics the only cheap lightweight wheels to consider?

Currently I have standard rims with 215/45 Ad08r that are nearly dead. I want to try ar-1 tyres, but on some lighter rims as my others are evo 8 enkeis (with 205/45 Ad08r on) and I've read these are fairly heavy, so would like them as my daily rims and have something lighter with the more aggressive tyres on.

Don't want to spend a fortune so afrer a few different wheels to keep my eyes open for a second hand set. Oz superlegera look nice and light, but about 300 per rim by all accounts!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Back