• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 cpl k100 with reflash

For the mods I have I'm seriously considering driving to Cpl and getting the k100 with reflash installed, £435 seems good value. If I mod further then I will get a remap done. Does anyone know what features you get with this?

Pros are a lower vtec point and higher rev limiter. Also a spread cost of k100 and remap.

Cons are a horrendous idle when cold and very poor part throttle, especially in slow moving traffic, it stutters a lot and kangaroos very easily.

My advice would be to use it as a stop gap while getting a remap, or don't bother. I had to delete the idle air assist valve just to get a steady idle. Then swapped over all sorts to try and get to the bottom of the problem, throttle body, cleaned idle air control valve multiple times etc. Cpl assured me it wasn't the reflash at fault. I'd been to Australia for a month while I send the ecu away, so assumed something had stuck or gummed up while I was away as they don't like to be sat too long.

In the end I went to see romain and it then drove better than it did before, traffic was a million times better and idle was perfect. Cpl still refused to see the problem was the terrible map.

I hope that helps with your decision. My only mods at that stage were teg m intake and a 2.5 inch b pipe.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I've heard a lot of people on Facebook saying the same problems. Can't see it being a one off as the remap made it better than it ever had been.

As a way to spread the cost and a short time to run it, not a bad idea as it only adds on an extra 20 quid to the cost (I think) but its not a good idea long time.

I never got round to running it up on a dyno before and after annoyingly, as it was that bad that I didn't want to leave it too long. Of you go ahead with it, at least blank the idle air assist valve as that made it a fair bit better.

As long as you know what you're getting in to!

My EP3 whilst NA and in the previous owners hands was much improved by a CPL reflash with increased drive-ability with noticeably better fuel economy, though the custom map that was then put on after further mods made it significantly better again (probably due to the parts that were subsequently fitted). Custom mapping is always better than an off the shelf.
The motor was run for a year with the reflash map with no issues on an almost standard car.

I know it's expensive in one go but my plan is still to go straight for the K100 with a remap.

I hope to coincide this with fitting of an RBC inlet to get the full benefit of the map as I don't intend on changing any other engine parts after that.

Back