• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Brakes on a budget?

My FN2's previous owner had the front and back brake discs replaced with some bloody awful grooved and dimpled ones that are really noisy and churn out ridiculous amounts of brake dust.

As the car is my daily driver (mostly commuting with the occasional B-road blast), all I want is some standard discs and decent pads with a fairly long service life - can anyone recommend some that won't break the bank?

Cheers!

OEM Honda front disks and pads and Brembo rear disks and pads is what i would put on a budget brake setup for my EP3. The FN2 shouldn't be much different.

My garage supplied & fitted brembo OEM discs & pads all round for the same money as cox wanted just for the parts!

OEM Honda front disks and pads and Brembo rear disks and pads is what i would put on a budget brake setup for my EP3. The FN2 shouldn't be much different.

Cheers - why Brembos on the back and not the front, out of curiosity?

Discs are just lumps of iron, your cheapest ebay ones won't be any different in reality to Brembo or Honda ones. I use cheap ebay discs on a £20k track car.

Pads are the important bit!

Back