• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

Doing my first trackday at Snetterton with the FK8 soon and I know from previous experience with my Fiesta ST that they're pretty pedantic about having a means to drag the car out of the gravel. If it doesn't have one then you have to sign a disclaimer that basically allows the marshals to destroy your car to extricate from the gravel-trap!

Does the car have a towing eye or means to fit one?

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...arch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

EVS-FK8-TOW-A_14_900x506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're underneath the car at the front and there is a panel for the rear. Towing straps will almost certainly destroy the front splitter if that one is used.

bf5740f0722adcc308a4e3ad8e833e22.jpg

6d791474c671167ca6c2c908e64b6e26.jpg

Enjoy

They're underneath the car at the front and there is a panel for the rear. Towing straps will almost certainly destroy the front splitter if that one is used.

bf5740f0722adcc308a4e3ad8e833e22.jpg

6d791474c671167ca6c2c908e64b6e26.jpg

Enjoy

So they're underneath the car ready to use?.... not sure I can see what you mean?....

Underneath the front left of the car and look back, it will be there. It is ridiculously far back though and not one bit practical.

801351249cefe6111fdb6520e9f9e623.jpg

The post before mine isn't a bad shout, but means a bit of cutting.

Still not sure how MSV will react to the FK8 towing arrangements, as mentioned in my previous post, they weren’t happy when I forgot my Fiesta ST’s screw-in toe eye. They marched me up to the control room to sign away any rights to the organisers taking care in removing my car should I park it in a compromised location!

Anyone had any experience of track-day organisers reaction to the lack of attachment points?

I don't have a towing eye to attach to the rear either!

I did a MSV day at Donington. I only had the Honda provided Rear Tow Hook screwed in at the back. Steve, you'll find it in the little bag inside the boot (left hand hideaway cubbie hole). Be careful taking the cover off, if it's cold/wet you'll find it hard to get grip purchase to yank it off. I had to prize mine ever so carefully off with a screwdriver (masking tape over the end to protect the paint).

you might want to practice taking it off before getting trackside when it always seems to be a mad rush to get on and do sighting laps, noise tests and eat bacon rolls :lol:

I did a MSV day at Donington. I only had the Honda provided Rear Tow Hook screwed in at the back. Steve, you'll find it in the little bag inside the boot (left hand hideaway cubbie hole). Be careful taking the cover off, if it's cold/wet you'll find it hard to get grip purchase to yank it off. I had to prize mine ever so carefully off with a screwdriver (masking tape over the end to protect the paint).

you might want to practice taking it off before getting trackside when it always seems to be a mad rush to get on and do sighting laps, noise tests and eat bacon rolls :lol:

brilliant, thank you. I'll go and look now....

Anyone come across a decent front tow eye fitting kit that can be purchased in the UK? At my last track day I signed a disclaimer which was OK, but I fear that some organisers may not allow a vehicle on track without a tow eye even if yo uoffer to sign a disclaimer.

I have found these 2 from the US, one of which do not ship internationally (email pending with them), could do with a UK supplier.

https://www.unitedspeedracing.com/index.php?id_product=206&controller=product

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...arch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

As above, there's a towing eye provided in a small bag in the boot. It's tucked away in a compartment on the left hand side of the boot.

You can pull the small panel off at the rear by hand, it does need a strong pull though! Pushing it downwards and out works best.

As above, there's a towing eye provided in a small bag in the boot. It's tucked away in a compartment on the left hand side of the boot.

You can pull the small panel off at the rear by hand, it does need a strong pull though! Pushing it downwards and out works best.
Thanks, I already know about the rear one and it is a royal pain to get off, plus it looks naf I got the cover of my wife's civic with a bit of hassle, I have not managed to get it off mine so far.

I will just point out the front eye to the TD organisers and look to get a properly mounted front hook.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back