• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

Thinking about some upgrades and more power. Seen a lot of hondata videos with anti lag. Does k tuner also have anti lag? What kind of power are people making with the basic bolt ons exhaust system inter cooler and induction kit?

Very few of us mate. Dotty was one who had eventuri and an exhaust but don't think he did a rolling road before returning to stock and selling the parts before getting an M2

I know dream have done a few mods on Fk8s but not sure they are on here. They have just listed tuning packages on their website but annoyingly no gain figures as yet.

The gear box issue is a big worry for most. If a gear box goes and you've got mods on the car, or they can prove you had mods on the car they could always say it was your fault for putting to much strain and they wont pay out. There's loads of discussion on the threads here about it.

CivicX.com is a good site to see what can be achieved. 350 bhp seems the sweet spot at the moment with the Ktuner and a few choice mods...

I am waiting for the facelift reveal with a power bump, volume knob and a gearbox made of something other than chocolate

I took my FK2 to big power and the FK8 is mostly the same. You will be looking at around 340bhp with and exhaust and an Eventuri. Pop an intercooler and a stage 1 map and you will get something like 380bhp and 400ft lbs. There is an argument for too much power and IMO 380bhp is just that. I really struggled to get it down on track.

If I am honest I haven?t bothered adding anything to my FK8 yet. It doesn't need it.

I am looking into an Eventuri and probably an intercooler to keep track temps down.

I would love an exhaust but use it daily and don?t miss my Milltek Race of the FK2...

Thought I read a while back that AmD were working on something for FK8. I don't know if it's accurate or not. Might have to trek east and pay them a visit at some point :)

hmmm, these same as Tdi North? Very interesting indeed....especially the bit about 'not leaving a trace'. Have you downloaded the tech sheet? Different modes with tiny increases, Mode 12 is a good figure though at 325 BHP and 312 Lb/Ft.

Anyone else know about these guys?

Not associated with TDI North in any way at all. This is just a generic map that is made to work with all fk8 cars. I would have thought it better to do a dyno tune like TDi North do because no two cars are the same. Bottom line is it probably works ok though if you want to take the risk.

I've been keeping an eye on the American forum and the car seems to be more than capable of handling a decent amount of extra power. Having owned a MK3 Focus RS from new and keeping an eye on the American forums in a similar way, by this time tuners had blew a few cars, but I haven't seen any of these go yet. Seems to be only 2 "proper" ways of tuning it via KTuner or Flashpro, which give full access to all relevant parameters in the ECU.

I'm not a fan of the piggy back boxes, which essentially just trick the car into running more boost and fuel.

Dream seem to have a really solid reputation but I don't think they have access to all of the ECU parameters yet.. I am sure I read that the company who remap for them (7mod) made a post saying that they themselves aren't fans of the piggyback "tuner box" style remapping but it's all they have at the moment. TDI-North have got the capability to tune via KTuner I think, but I have read mixed reviews about them.

It's all a bit slow at the minute though, I do think the gearboxes have made people think twice including myself..

I took my FK2 to big power and the FK8 is mostly the same. You will be looking at around 340bhp with and exhaust and an Eventuri. Pop an intercooler and a stage 1 map and you will get something like 380bhp and 400ft lbs. There is an argument for too much power and IMO 380bhp is just that. I really struggled to get it down on track.

If I am honest I haven?t bothered adding anything to my FK8 yet. It doesn't need it.

I am looking into an Eventuri and probably an intercooler to keep track temps down.

I would love an exhaust but use it daily and don?t miss my Milltek Race of the FK2...

interesting comments about the power.
daily driver & noise was the reason i went with the remus on my FK2 - best of all worlds. couldnt stand race mode all the time like some seem to.

I am bumping this thread as I have started having inappropriate thoughts towards a Remus exhaust with the App controlled valve....

Anyone on here have 1, or know someone who has?

Would just like a touch more drama when having a drive sometimes and with the remus you get best of both worlds...apparently

I am bumping this thread as I have started having inappropriate thoughts towards a Remus exhaust with the App controlled valve....

Would just like a touch more drama when having a drive sometimes and with the remus you get best of both worlds...apparently

I'm planning on getting one after Christmas. Waiting to see if JF Automotive offer any Christmas deals before going ahead.
I'm sure someone did on their FK2 recently on here though.

Give this a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ybi01cLtw

amg

If you want more fun and drama buy the a45amg. It is so much fun and you can mod it plus no brake squeal :p:p:p. Not for one moment i have regretted selling the crap {my opinion} fk8 and getting the amg

AMG forums a bit quiet are they!!? :D oh course it's daytime and probably either on the stock exchange or asleep as they were drug running last night.

You defo had a dud, but I am glad you're happy with your purchase.

I bit the bullet after going out in the Milltek Demo car during our trip to the ring in October.

7a7d156661ee0bf80f50d7c88578ab6d.jpg

The Milltek sounds great. Gives a lovely burble at low rpm and a nice extra amount of noise. Whilst managing to stay fairly quiet on motorway runs. Really pleased with mine.

19e790590b11cf6def7ab4599aa0d275.jpg

27834b103622889d1a110af31d293403.jpg

Eventuri next and I’ll call it a day. 350 is the sweet IMO. No need for any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
AMG forums a bit quiet are they!!? :D oh course it's daytime and probably either on the stock exchange or asleep as they were drug running last night.

You defo had a dud, but I am glad you're happy with your purchase.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I bit the bullet after going out in the Milltek Demo car during our trip to the ring in October.

7a7d156661ee0bf80f50d7c88578ab6d.jpg

The Milltek sounds great. Gives a lovely burble at low rpm and a nice extra amount of noise. Whilst managing to stay fairly quiet on motorway runs. Really pleased with mine.

Eventuri next and I’ll call it a day. 350 is the sweet IMO. No need for any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing! My lap top sound is poor, so are they pops and bangs from the Miltek? Also which one is this as there a few choices, aren't there, street, race etc....

Cheers!

Back