• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

Eventuri Intake and upgraded silcone hose
Scorpion Red Power sports cat
Scorpion Red Power full exhaust system
Dream Automotive Intercooler

Next week HKS ssqv bov

Then booked to dreams for live Hondata Remap

Will post figures when dyno done

14e51015aae51dcb0dc1f4d6f3f8e60a-full.jpg

ae5d4f1e535b8f7fcb583fa1b2c1a846-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, fair play for having the minerals to do all this!

Be interested to see the dyno results

Love the red trim on the centre also, like the Concept

Can you tell me more about the HKS though, is it just a blow off valve for sound? I thought we had a re-circ so the air goes back into the system?

Going Dream maybe Sat get me tyres done...again

Not a major mod today, but hondahack on the head unit and installed torque pro app with obd2 dongle, works a treat, lots of skins to choose from or create your own.

Picture in my profile album

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, fair play for having the minerals to do all this!

Be interested to see the dyno results

Love the red trim on the centre also, like the Concept

Can you tell me more about the HKS though, is it just a blow off valve for sound? I thought we had a re-circ so the air goes back into the system?

Going Dream maybe Sat get me tyres done...again

Hey FaNtheMan,

In all fairness I think it’s mainly for the noise, bit of a sad boy racer move on my part, or just my continuing midlife crisis

https://www.dream-automotive.com/collections/fk8-engine/products/hks-1?variant=30934588424272

Hondata and KPro both have some good tune packages now. TDI North are using the KPro and getting a comfortable 360-380 BHP on catalogue maps. Dream are getting the same results with the Hondata and have put a of time into travelling to America and Japan to test the tunes and learn the development. The Hondata maps can be customised and tweaked rather than the base KPro maps which will be there abouts. Both will require OEM ECU jailbreak which destroys all engine warranty. Its a risk I know well.

Do you mean K-Tuner?

Kpro is a Hondata variant for roughly 2001-2007 cars.

Can edit yours then delete this post if so, so that I don't come over as a pedantic pleb...

Never for a minute have I contemplated modding our FK8, that was until last week when I dropped into the local dealer to book the car in for some warranty work. The Manager started promoting a £400 remap from Superchips, I asked about the warranty situation and was told the dealer covered it and left. However, I am now tempted to go back and ask more specifics but wondered if anyone has had a remap from this company on their FK8? I was surprised a Honda dealer was promoting a remap without Hondas endoresement but perhaps thats the norm, I dont know.

This thread seems to have veered into more hardcore modding whcih I am defintley not considering :lol:

Never for a minute have I contemplated modding our FK8, that was until last week when I dropped into the local dealer to book the car in for some warranty work. The Manager started promoting a £400 remap from Superchips, I asked about the warranty situation and was told the dealer covered it and left. However, I am now tempted to go back and ask more specifics but wondered if anyone has had a remap from this company on their FK8? I was surprised a Honda dealer was promoting a remap without Hondas endoresement but perhaps thats the norm, I dont know.

This thread seems to have veered into more hardcore modding whcih I am defintley not considering :lol:

Whaaaaaaaaat??? I am extremely interested in this...where is the dealer?!

The superchips remap was part of the modded fk8 Honda Uk commissioned last year, with quite a few nice bits from various tuning companies...

well at least its not far away....not compared to the moon..!

I guess all warranty work would need to be done through themselves which would be an ache of ball. I will get in touch though, see whats what..

Cheers Mondie!!!

Let me know what they say and I will try and drop in later this week and ask a few questions too. They are into the rally scene and often have modded cars out the front or in for work so they may be a bit more savvy than your typical dealer. Fortunatley, they are walking distance for us.

BRMmrH2.jpg

So far the very nice salesman has sent me this word doc.... He seems very reluctant to talk of the warranty though, and instead sent me a link to this when I asked him:

https://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty

I then followed up with, "so will honda North wales as the centre that installed it honour the warranty?" Will let you know

So they will warrant the fault if Honda refuse ONLY if the superchip is the cause,
So in a nutshell 0 warranty from both parties because neither will admit fault

So they will warrant the fault if Honda refuse ONLY if the superchip is the cause,
So in a nutshell 0 warranty from both parties because neither will admit fault

my thoughts entirely

I am surprised that a Honda Dealer is peddling this. Some chump may go for it in good faith, then be left holding his plonker should the worse happen...

it's the wash and vac that (also) worries me - I remember seeing someones car being washed at a Honda dealership with a yard brush if I'm not mistaken :)

although I'm sure being a welsh dealership they should insist on lambswool mitts for the buff up :lol: :sheep:

my thoughts entirely

I am surprised that a Honda Dealer is peddling this. Some chump may go for it in good faith, then be left holding his plonker should the worse happen...

I'm surprised a dealer is pushing a chip mod on to customers, HUK wouldn't be happy

Since when have dealers been a single source of truth? Most I’ve dealt with are incompetent idiots. The warranty is dealt with by Honda UK, and if they find out the car has been mapped they will not pay out. End of.

BRMmrH2.jpg

So far the very nice salesman has sent me this word doc.... He seems very reluctant to talk of the warranty though, and instead sent me a link to this when I asked him:

https://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty

I then followed up with, "so will honda North wales as the centre that installed it honour the warranty?" Will let you know

I am not getting too far on the warranty situation either but will keep pushing Sam. I have been provided with a dyno chart which shows the map mirrors the stock tune to 2700rpm then offers rapidly increasing torque and better power - headline figures are + 40hp and 88Nm. The increase in midrange punch would be significant on the road. Do these figures mirror the Honda Superchip promo car you mentioned?

It does seem odd that a longstanding Honda dealer would be pushing this but then be so vague on the warranty situation, but I am not ready to give up yet. They are going to have to clarify this or who in their right mind is even going to consider it on a nearly new car.

Back