• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

The pops and bangs are from Dotty’s M2 in background. We did that vid as a bit of fun. The actual Milltek noise isn’t as harsh. I can’t work out how to upload a video from the phone.

I had the Race on my FK2 and although it sounded great and performance was excellent. It was far too droney on long drives.

I went for the Road + with the GT-100 tips and it’s perfect on the FK8. Notice the torque improvement as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol::lol: I was thinking there was something up with that video!!! (and now dottys cryptic message makes sense on utube)

Cheers for the info

Will an exhaust fit down my chimney i wonder...

The pops and bangs are from Dotty’s M2 in background. We did that vid as a bit of fun. The actual Milltek noise isn’t as harsh. I can’t work out how to upload a video from the phone.

I had the Race on my FK2 and although it sounded great and performance was excellent. It was far too droney on long drives.

I went for the Road + with the GT-100 tips and it’s perfect on the FK8. Notice the torque improvement as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim, was gonna DM you but others might benefit - How did you get your standard exhaust home!? Still happy with the race plus? Did you get it done at Dream? How much all in if you don't mind....?

This exhaust itch isn't going away

Cheers!!!

I paid a man with a van to get mine.

I actually still have my stock exhaust in my garage rafters... as when I took the hks off prior to sale at TGM, I borrowed a friend's stock exhaust who had left it there...

So my stock exhaust actually belongs to my friend, whether or not he wants it is another matter.

I think Timmy’s exhaust (oem) is still at dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful with leaving your parts with a garage. When I had my EP3 they (EuroSpec 2000) agreed to keep my OEM exhaust for me and would contact me if there was ever to be an issue.

Along comes me when stripping and selling the car, they sold it as couldn't remember who it belonged to. No apology. No offer to source another one. I had to trawl the classifieds to find a full system from a car being split down post engine failure.

Careful with leaving your parts with a garage. When I had my EP3 they agreed to keep my OEM exhaust for me and would contact me if there was ever to be an issue.

Along comes me when stripping and selling the car, they sold it as couldn't remember who it belonged to. No apology. No offer to source another one. I had to trawl the classifieds to find a full system from a car being split down post engine failure.
Yeah TGM had some car parts of mine they forgot I was coming to collect and went walkies. That was a right arse when I came to put the car back to standard.

Went to autosport at the NEC yesterday, spoke to both the Remus and Milltek people on their respective stands, good look at the products.....and still not freaking decided as I need to hear these in person.

Swaying to Remus as you can make it stock with the click of an app....but you pay more obviously

If anyone has one and wouldn't mind driving to mine to give me a demo, defo a cup of rosy lee in it for you :lol:

If funds are of no significance then out of the two I would probably go for a Remus with its option to be lairy or sedate.

My car has a similar Bluetooth switch which is great for motorway driving , though the bmw is well insulated so exhaust noise even with flaps open doesn’t really intrude the cabin, but it is nice to have the option.

I think veeehex has a Remus on his fk2. I think the noise will be similar to that.

you think correctly dotty. Love the remus and valved is definitely the way forward. i bought solely on the fk2 remus video sound.
I'm midlands, so watford is a bit of a trek :( will be south oxford for a weekend mid-feb.

to give you an idea, valve closed is like stock - perfect on the motorway and long journeys. 100% open, I've had MSE@abingdon "we're keeping an eye on you" as it's right up at the 98dba noise level when they static tested in the morning. it passed the afternoon static and on-track levels though.
not a fan of app control. seems an idiotic move when you're not allowed to use your mobile when driving. i'd imagine auto would be annoying too as even when i use full throttle i don't always want noise.
key-fob based is manual, has tactile buttons and can be used 'blind' without taking your eyes off the road.

you think correctly dotty. Love the remus and valved is definitely the way forward. i bought solely on the fk2 remus video sound.
I'm midlands, so watford is a bit of a trek will be south oxford for a weekend mid-feb.

to give you an idea, valve closed is like stock - perfect on the motorway and long journeys. 100% open, I've had MSE@abingdon "we're keeping an eye on you" as it's right up at the 98dba noise level when they static tested in the morning. it passed the afternoon static and on-track levels though.
not a fan of app control. seems an idiotic move when you're not allowed to use your mobile when driving. i'd imagine auto would be annoying too as even when i use full throttle i don't always want noise.
key-fob based is manual, has tactile buttons and can be used 'blind' without taking your eyes off the road.

IIRC with the remus you can also program it with the ECU to change settings on the comfort/sport/R+ modes (i.e. closed/50% open/full open). but also what I thought was quite neat is to also set it to come open at certain RPM. so you could start the car at home without annoying the neighbours but then the flap is full open about say 4,000rpm.

having the app control if you can then select a manual setting is probably good when you've had your first warning from the track officials that you're too noisy and need to prove you can adjust things to keep 'em happy.

Fk8 exhaust graveyard :)

16070ab9e0ae1f49bee3ca6223e21a42.jpg

Honda warranty seems to vary I was having this discussion with my master tech mate at bmw .. he said that bmw only get twitchy if you map the car .. if you change the exhaust then that is not warrantied .. however m performance exhausts (and any m perf stuff) has full bmw warranty.

If for example you change to coilovers (bilstein Ast, Etc) then that would invalidate suspension component warranty.

Whereas Honda (mostly) will blame an exhaust for the gearbox not going in to gear .. or their favourite quote “driver error”. I wouldn’t be too concerned about popping on an exhaust on a new era type r, especially if you have somewhere that can take it off relatively quickly before a warranty case. The problem there is if you get a Remus or similar that will involve a bit more work - a hks though will come off pain free. It all depends on your dealer.. however the minute Honda uk turn up to inspect the car they will by default blame anything other than standard components. Take that as gospel (I also have friends in those sorts of places...)

TL:Dr : if anything just go for an exhaust and panel filter :)

Yes they said it sounds great, to be fair have a good relationship with the garage, which I'm sure helps.

yeah, would be same at my dealer. they've even been fitting Remus systems for what I know is at least 3 Customers (one of which is related to the franchise group owner).

Back