• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 and Remap for an EP3?

Hey guys ain't been on here in a while, bought a house then a lovely baby girl came around and a Honda Jazz aka the blue bomber :lol: the EP3 just was not practical enough so I took it off the road and got a little 55 plate Jazz for a run around for now.

So I have saved a bit and would now like a 421 and inlet manifold and would like a K100 and map.

My mate and his bro was also looking so all three of us were up for it, however, my mate is getting cold feet lol but me and his bro are still up for it. His bro has a DC5 by the way with a DC 421 and catback and a Teg M fitted.

So I've been chatting to TDI North and they are now rating the M2 inlet as the best inlet for EP3's/DC5's etc so we are looking at that intake mani and I will either go DC Sports 421 or Japspeed to save a little on the spending lol. I already have an FC Design intake and a Fujitsubo legalis R catback.

Now I always though TDI were the best for mapping but now some are saying not, just wondering if there was any reason why?

Do anyone have any other recommendations for supplying and fitting a K100 and mapping an EP3 and DC5? We are in South Wales.

Cheers

I don’t know anything about the m2 inlet manifold but I can speak for TDI mapping. I had about 5 on the same car, the first 4 were great but the last one with new fd2 cams, rbc, aem v1 and crapspeed manifold was lumpy as feck on part throttle. I don’t know if that was just that tune but I do know the next owner swapped out the induction kit and remapped it at the same place and reported much better part throttle performance. I drove the car again before he sold it and from what I remember, it was much smoother. So 5/6 good maps from TDI.

Personally I’d look for someone more locally for tuning. You won’t gain anything more travelling further for mapping.

Thanks for the reply guys, I've mainly heard good things about TDI but some people have said it's gone downhill a little.

I have been looking more locally but down here there are no reputable and good tuners for our cars. We have Indigo GT that I know have put some crap tunes on some cars and nearly destroyed their engines, plus before I knew of this I ask and the boss didn't fill me with confidence saying he can do it but doesn't like to so they are a no no for me.

R Motion are close but they don't offer remapping and tbh the guy my mate dealt with there for a second hand part didn't have a clue and was more of a breaker.

I would rather travel a bit to make sure I get the best tune for my car.

There’s a few places/people if you start coming towards London.
Some tuners are starting to become more mobile and hire out dyno time around the country.

Can you name some I've heard of CPL which are further again than TDI for me and I've heard of Eurospec but when I search around the net they won't do type r's only diesel Civic's etc.
I have thought about trying to learn and remap myself lol.

Romain Levesque used to map for Eurospec but sounds like he doesn’t anymore. Again he seems to move about using different dynos. He’s sometimes very local to me sometimes using the dyno at Perfect Touch in Hertfordshire. But like I said he’s all over the place so probably best to contact him.
TDI plc (no relation to TDI North) are in Thurrock and again I’ve seen various tuners use their hub dynos. One of them being a guy called Jesse Halford.

I went to Tegiwa for the remap on the track car and that was great! Though I can't comment on part throttle as not so much time was spent on that knowing that the car is track only.

Cheers guys i've heard of romain, I didn't know Tegiwa did remapping, any other decent places for a map?

They are 20 miles closer to me than Tdi, still over a 3 hour run lol, if I am up that way would it be worth going a bit further to Tdi?

Never heard of them, I take it youve had a map there Chris.

Yes I have. There’s not many others I’d use. Chris there really know his stuff, maps stand alone ECUs, Rally Cars etc.

They are 20 miles closer to me than Tdi, still over a 3 hour run lol, if I am up that way would it be worth going a bit further to Tdi?

I personally wouldn’t.

Cool any reason why you wouldn't go up to Tdi? Or were they that good?

I have just sent them an E-Mail so waiting to hear from them. Cheers Chris.

Civic Type R owners on Facebook also has plenty of info around TDI North....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive done some digging but reviews on both Tdi and Efi parts are all good and positive so unsure where to go now lol, I have emailed Efi but no reply as of yet, I have had a chat with Tdi north on 2 occassions and to be fair they have been fab, really helpful with all my questions.

Back