• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 and Remap for an EP3?

Do TGM Sport do remaps? They have race cars there....

They use Romain.

I've had maps done by Romain, TDI North, Performance Autoworks, EFI Parts, Mase and Vit Viper.

I'd only use EFI going forward. Vit was good, but took too long due to me not using the car much, I also believe he no longer does UK tunes, maybe due to a tuner in the list above allegedly using his base maps and selling them off as their own. Same story with Mase, although another tuner in the list above. EFI criticised a friends map using another mapper above.

I'm not going to name names, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work this out. That said, any vendor can say anything about anothers tune and us as customers hand over our £350 or whatever and believe them because they're the expert, then we come onto forums and say tuner X are the best because my car has been mapped by them and hasn't blown up.

EFI is probably the smoothest map I've ever had, part throttle feels like OEM and full throttle is much better as you'd expect. There's no jerkiness in traffic or issues when trying to move off the line quickly.

Cheers for all your input guys, spoke to Chris at EFI and he does'nt supply or fit K100 but he can map it once it is fitted, not sure where I could get a K100, or get it fitted before going up, I would prefer to go to a place and let them supply, fit and map.
Or is it pretty straight forward to fit a K100? If it was fitted is it ok to use it to drive upto EFI?

You can order one from CPL, you post your ECU to them, they fit and post back same/next day.
with a base map on (Hondata map 4 IIRC)
Then this would be drive able to EFI

https://www.cplracing.co.uk/products/hondatacpl-reflash-for-honda-civic-type-r-ep3

Eurospec can fit one via post also, but costs £415 with no map on and 535 with base map

Pretty sure Area motorsport / SW motorsport do the same except the base map they put on is for civic cup regs and related mods including manifold at about 230bhp

They dont advertise on website but I had prices emailed, ill try dig them up

EDIT: cant find the emails

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read it we was going to fit a 421 and inlet manifold then go for a map, it does state that the reflash is only for induction and catback, I'll have to mail them.

I wonder if they lock it tgen so only cpl could map it.

Just read it we was going to fit a 421 and inlet manifold then go for a map, it does state that the reflash is only for induction and catback, I'll have to mail them.

should be ok for one steady drive, but dont quote me on that.

Get in touch with area motorsport, they were about the same as CPL but the base map was for 4-2-1 and inlet

I'd like to think you'd get away with a single drive as long as it's not mega miles? I was thinking when I get my RBC inlet fitted that I might just trailer the car to the tuner, but I'm able to borrow a trailer and I have the licence for towing which makes life easier for me.

Yeah I'll get in touch with a few and look at going down that avenue.
Tdi said it should be fine to travel up with 421 and inlet (that would be without any management fitted) as long as we don't use vtec, just baby it up basically.
I wish there was a good company near me, good business venture for someone.

Don't you have to recode the keys etc when changing the ecu?

Forgot to say EFI is around 165miles from me TDI further again around 170 miles so both are a fair distance from me.

Yeah I'll get in touch with a few and look at going down that avenue.
Tdi said it should be fine to travel up with 421 and inlet (that would be without any management fitted) as long as we don't use vtec, just baby it up basically.
I wish there was a good company near me, good business venture for someone.

Don't you have to recode the keys etc when changing the ecu?

Yes you do, but with having the K100 fitted at either Area motorsport or CPL, you post your ECU to them, they fit it and send it back.

Quick and easy job to get ECU out.

Then just the drive to EFI

Or drive to TDI and get it all done

Looks like I got more phoning and Emailing to do lol.

3 of us are up for it so we all want the best really lol.

It's a tough call. Personally I have been more than happy with Romain mapping my car. He has done it twice now, once at eurospec (who I wouldn't go anywhere near again) and once at Surrey rolling Road. I had the cpl reflash which was awful at part throttle and in traffic, I wasn't going to go full custom map until I drive it. Then it couldn't come soon enough!

The car drives better than it ever did, perfect in traffic etc.

Might be worth seeing if Romain can come to a closer rolling Road to you as he can fit the k100 as well I believe.

As Chris said, you pay your money and take your choice. It would be interesting to see what difference if any there would really be between all the tuners maps.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I would love to learn how to map would make things so much easier lol,
Yeah I'll look into Romain too. Would be interesting to see if there is any difference between all their maps.
Would

Im basically in the same boat Shoonk. Ive got my 4-2-1 and exhaust on already and i have now got my inlet manifold and TB sorted so i just need a K100 and then decide who to use for mapping. Ive been biten more than once by mappers who were supposixly awesome but were *****. With regards to EFI i know a lad who used to do alot of clio turbo conversions and he swore by them, would not take a car to anyone but them. You have the standing joke of TDIs 247.3bhp maps and i have also had an ep3 mapped by Guy at CPL and was a little disappointed with the power made for the mods i had plus i had a couple of minor issues with his work, but that said the suspension set up he did me was epic in the handling department

Why not go for the Kpro bit more cash but the map is not locked so you can make adjustments

useing your laptop. Where I think you will find the K100 will not let you change things as it will be locked

There is a post about a 4-2-1 Manifold in the thread Have a look at the major makers of these compared to the cheaper ones most of the cheaper ones

use a different confige to the quality ones

The best tuner I think is TDI north had mine in there a couple of times

Why not go for the Kpro bit more cash but the map is not locked so you can make adjustments useing your laptop. Where I think you will find the K100 will not let you change things as it will be locked
Not worth doing unless you know what you’re doing.
Also you’ll never get a decent map without using a rolling road. You’ll get the fuelling and ignition there about but you’ll be taking a guess with the camshaft advance.

Yeah I wouldnt bother with kpro as unless you know what your doing why would you want to tweek a map that has been set up by someone more experienced.

K100 is fine for us, we have put mapping on the back burner a minute, were going to buy parts in drabs then sort the mapping. My mate got to buy more parts than myself and his bro as his car is standard apart from a catback, hes just had to sort his brakes, service plus he needs tyres lol, but least we can save some more.

Back