• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Clutch bleed Nd gearbox oil change

did you get anywhere with the level plug? i'm toying with the idea of changing my fluid at the weekend.

I have been given a print of a page from the Honda system and it shows one, send me an email address and I'll send it to you

i think i've sent you 2 PM's. wasnt sure if the first one went through as it wasnt showing anything in my sent items, so i send a second. thanks in advance for the info!

got it... fill plug aint easy to find, no wonder i missed it. I'll see if i can get some real pictures to help others when i get round to doing mine...
am i right in saying the square drive plugs (fill & drain by the look of it) are 3/8" square? if not, have to get some more tools.

got it... fill plug aint easy to find, no wonder i missed it. I'll see if i can get some real pictures to help others when i get round to doing mine...
am i right in saying the square drive plugs (fill & drain by the look of it) are 3/8" square? if not, have to get some more tools.

Yeh - air box out and the Fill plug is there, make sure this comes out before draining !

Under tray off and the drain is obvious

The fill / drain plugs will come out using a 3/8 drive extension end

I haven't been able to see the level plug from above even using a mirror, but it may be more visible from underneath

Good luck

when you say under tray... the metal peice or the entire thing? please be metal section.

Just trying to get hold of dream about their amsoil. seems to be a well respected alternative to MTF3, but at £18/bottle and 2.2litre needed, i want to be 100% sure of bottle size.

I think it will be the entire thing as the drain plug is over plastic !

If you do it take a few pics along the way - good reference for others

jeez that took some searching on opie... https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-961-fully-synthetic-gear-oil.aspx#Filter=[EntityIDs=@(79)@*ava=0]&. amsoil same full price. I might be throwing some more stuff on the order with dream anyway - been toying with the idea of braided brake lines again. most of the failures online seem to be attributed to freak accidents, or incorrect installs. wheels will be off often enough to inspect the lines.

I've decided to wait to do any buying till after trackday in 2 weeks. the car works atm. It'll show if i'm going to wear through something unexpected that i need to replace, although the expectation is the car should be pretty solid this time - no pads turned to dust, no blown turbo hoses..

I think it will be the entire thing as the drain plug is over plastic !

If you do it take a few pics along the way - good reference for others
hopefully it's close enough to allow a carboard funnel to be used, to redirect the draining oil. we'll see how things go.

Been running the Amsoil for a while, as i did in the FD2 and no problems at all, touches wood.

clutch issue seems to be progressing. That or gearshifts are worse when shifting slowly. wondering if i'm putting a poor shift issue down to a non-existant clutch issue (symptoms same as when they did do clutch warranty), i've decided to go with an gearbox oil change via dealer this time next week and see if that'll make any difference.
Since i'm still under warranty with a potential issue, i'm going genuine fluid & dealer labour. i'll ask 'em to take a close eye on fluid coming out as i'm changing it for a possible issue rather than just my own wishes.

I'll have fresh fluid a few days before trackday.

@veehexx

I'm planning on dropping the gearbox oil measuring what comes out and put the same amount of fresh in as I don't want to overfill, just how it wasn't under filled from new

I hope around 2 litres or so comes out !
Box takes 2.3 oil, after filling there is a small 10mm bolt to top up on side of box.
I'm tempted to use an old method, brand new grease gun bit of rubb and fill from the 10mm saving taking the air box out

Back