• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car idle hunting

I took the itg maxogen off recently and went back to oem airbox. Tonight I put the Apexi power intake on, the car is lively with it on and it sounds great. I took the car out for a test drive and noticed when I stopped at a roundabout that the idle revs were fluctuating between 1200 and 1800rpm. Vacuum leak or iacv playing up? Or something else?

Could be either a vaccum leak or the iacv as you said. Maybe put the other intake on and see if it still does it.

Cleaning the iacv is an easy job to do. I had to do it last year when my engine was hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi, I’ve read that it can sometimes take up to 10 runs for the idle to settle and ecu to sort idle out, see how it goes over the next couple of days. But as above, check all vac pipes etc are fitted and fitted correctly.

Back