• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New tyres

Just replaced all 4 of my tyres.

£1,011.... ouch.

Took it in due to a damaged sidewall on back left. Turned out I was down to the limit on the front 2, so just decided to replace all rather than 3. Will keep the back right one as a spare as it has reasonable tread.

The fronts were spent and the cars only done 7,200 miles.... :(

£1,011.... ouch.

Took it in due to a damaged sidewall on back left. Turned out I was down to the limit on the front 2, so just decided to replace all rather than 3. Will keep the back right one as a spare as it has reasonable tread.

Make sure to remember to rotate them (front to back) after 5000 miles-ish (or well, if you don't rotate them you will just be replacing fronts a lot, but not a huge issue). I had my fronts replaced with PS4s at around 8500 miles (I waited too long to rotate...) rear Contis still look decent

£1,011.... ouch.

The wife & I had a test drive last Friday. We both like the Car & will be looking to buy one in April.
I will be changing the 20" wheels immediately to 18" or 19" depending on what will fit over the Front brakes.
£1k every 7k for new tyres is ridiculous!
I have had a set of 19" Michelins waiting in my shed since August to put on my RS but 28k in & the originals are still OK! they cost £550

Seen a few on US sites do it but has anyone in the UK got NSX wheels yet? When the time comes I'll probably go OZ Racing Alleggerita's in an 18

Has anyone dropped to 245/35 19, is so any track use on them and how do they affect handling?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Make sure to remember to rotate them (front to back) after 5000 miles-ish (or well, if you don't rotate them you will just be replacing fronts a lot, but not a huge issue). I had my fronts replaced with PS4s at around 8500 miles (I waited too long to rotate...) rear Contis still look decent

I guess to each their own, but I’m an advocate of having new rubber on the rears so that it doesn’t become too ‘loose’. Not for this thread.

first time I was out driving mine in freezin' temperatures last night. it's amazing the struggle for grip when stone-cold that the OEM CSP6 tyres have. literally just turning around in the car park at 5 mph on lock you can feel the tread blocks brushing/slipping as they can't bite into the tarmac.

when it first did this I was convinced it was the diff going donk donk but I guess it's the rubber reminding us they are meant for summer hooning.

I remember my contis clonking on full lock in the minus temperatures, the first time it happened I pulled over thinking I had a flat,
Once I'd gotten up the road and the air in the tyres warmed up a bit they were fine, best sticking some extra air in with these temps, you read on the web of low profiles popping off their rims in cold temps

I remember my contis clonking on full lock in the minus temperatures, the first time it happened I pulled over thinking I had a flat,
Once I'd gotten up the road and the air in the tyres warmed up a bit they were fine, best sticking some extra air in with these temps, you read on the web of low profiles popping off their rims in cold temps

mine do that, wondered what the hell it was!

Manual says not to use the cont's below 7 degrees......ah well, they always build a safety buffer in...

No, it says don't use below -20

am8txv.png

first time I was out driving mine in freezin' temperatures last night. it's amazing the struggle for grip when stone-cold that the OEM CSP6 tyres have. literally just turning around in the car park at 5 mph on lock you can feel the tread blocks brushing/slipping as they can't bite into the tarmac.

when it first did this I was convinced it was the diff going donk donk but I guess it's the rubber reminding us they are meant for summer hooning.

I Found the same with CSP6. To be fair though my MPS4S are doing the same now they are down to 4mm too. Main difference being i did pair of CSP6's in 5k miles. The MPS4S are 10k miles in and still have 4mm. Very impressed with them to be fair. Better in every respect than the CSP6 other than sharpness of turn in.

Been up in Scotland last 3 days, -4c in Cairngorms, tyres were superb, MPS4S front, Contis on the rear, in snow are useless, had socks.

Rainsports fitted and done around 6 miles. They are definitely better in the wet and to me the feel of the steering feels the same as before however I am aware if you were pushing it then the CSC6 and oem size would feel a lot better. First impressions and thoughts are for sure I have made the right choice over the CSC6 for the general commuter as I feel a lot more confident in the wet grip which one would assume would be better if I got caught on the white stuff even though I will admit I was very impressed by the CSC6 in the snow which was a shock.

However my best impression of the rain sports comes from the tyre size as for sure the 255 against the 245 now fits the rim and gives a little rim protection while the 35 profile against the 30 gives a very nice ride and I dare say in comfort mode it is better than the 10G Civic with the 16" tyres I have been using all day which really does make the FK8 really smooth on the road just for that extra 5mm of tyre side wall.

Have I made a mistake? on tyre size I think not as 255/35/20 fit the rim properly and give a better ride while being a more common size so a lot more choice at around £50 per corner cheaper however if you was tracking the car I suspect you would prefer the oem size for handling reason while as a day to day road car for sure the 255/35 set-up makes a lot more sense. When it comes to the Rainsports I guess only time will tell but if they last as well or a little better than the CSC6 then I guess for what they cost they will be fine if not then I guess next time its will be AS3 or PS4 but it will be worth noting these come new with 8mm of tread depth while if memory serves me correct the CSC6 only come with around 6.5mm - 7mm max when new.

£1,011.... ouch.

Ouch £1011 is a lot for 4 tyres especially when I fitted my 4 tyres for £500 fitted and balanced by the main dealer and not one mark on the alloys. done around 1000miles now no regrets but to be fair I could not even tell you the main differences now as I am now used to what is fitted. However I can confirm since fitting the 255/35/20 tyres

1) the speed is accurate within 1mph
2) when the wheels do break traction and spin, the front of the car no longer hops but actually is really smooth and you notice the traction control light more than wheel spin
3) the tyres no longer drag on full lock and make an horrible noise which I suspect was down to the thin tyre wall allowing no flex when at low speeds on full lock
4) the old vibration rattle that was near impossible to locate and cure that occurs at a certain rev range and only when the dash etc is very cold no longer rattles
5) for sure the Rainsports do feel better in the cold and wet however at around 2 degrees and less I think they do drop off a cliff on initial bite when cold like the CSC6 do when damp and below 10 degrees but they are no worse
6) no longer nearly have a shaking cash card when I get within 2 foot of a kerb due to having the 225/35 tyre
7) tyre size no longer looks strange due to seeing a tyre wall on the rim
8 ) not sure if this is luck or down to the tyres stickiness etc but not had any stones in the disk guards for a month now which is a new experience and to be fair you could always see the loose grit stuck to the CSC6 while no where near as noticeable with the Rainsports.

Gut feeling says if these last between 7-10k on the front there good value and fine if not another set of front and then I might try AS3 or PS4 if I still have the car after I have gone through 2 sets of Rainsports on the front but for sure the size will be 255/35/20 as I will not be going back to oem size. However nearly paid the car off now and getting an itch for a closer look at the new full electric Honda that looks like a original Civic that was interbred with a Golf and really fancy trying the new EX Hybrid CR-V that is coming next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to revert to the 20"s, so I'm selling a set of TEAM DYNAMICS Black Gloss Pro Race 1.3 Alloy Wheels 18x8.5 fitted with 245x18 40 profile MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 tyres

Beat the RIMSTOCK six to eight week leadtime on these particular wheels. Tyres bought from Black Circles. All done less than 500 miles

Please see my listing...

mod edit

Decided to revert to the 20"s, so I'm selling a set of TEAM DYNAMICS Black Gloss Pro Race 1.3 Alloy Wheels 18x8.5 fitted with 245x18 40 profile MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 tyres

Beat the RIMSTOCK six to eight week leadtime on these particular wheels. Tyres bought from Black Circles. All done less than 500 miles

Please see my listing...

mod edit

Why?

Back