• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New tyres

why did you swap the tyres over straight away? Or did you change the wheels as well?
I didn't change the wheels. I've tried the Continentals on a friend's FK2 on track - we ended up scrubbing off all the lettering on the sidewalls. Felt pointless to destroy a set of Conti's on track when the Michelins would probably last twice as long! More economical to get them off straight away and sell them as nearly new.

The Contis I took off have the rim protection lip.

The Michelins that replaced them do not!

I'm looking to downgrade to 18" with a budget of £1,000 for tyres and rims without changing anything to the car i..e suspension etc.., any recommendations or know where i should look?

I'm looking to downgrade to 18" with a budget of £1,000 for tyres and rims without changing anything to the car i..e suspension etc.., any recommendations or know where i should look?

I tried it... Team Dynamics 18"s plus Mich Pilot Sports (not S), car lost some magic with the smaller wheels - but I accept I should have been more ambitious with the tyre choice, maybe something like Cup2's would have been better? - anyway, soon reverted back to OE spec. I won't mess with it again!

had both the ps4s's and cup2's on my fk2.

depends what your looking for. 4s's got the grip down better in the wet (surprise surprise) but cup2's just work better for me. i dont push the car in the wet so i tend to go mpg hunting. cup2's superior on track. cup2's also not a tyre to be used in winter though so your gonna need another set. I've had some wet 5-8c days since i fitted them and they just dont grip.

I tried it... Team Dynamics 18"s plus Mich Pilot Sports (not S), car lost some magic with the smaller wheels - but I accept I should have been more ambitious with the tyre choice, maybe something like Cup2's would have been better? - anyway, soon reverted back to OE spec. I won't mess with it again!

What were the exact dimension of the rims, do you have link to them, just want to make sure i can reuse the spoke fittings etc.. - thanks!

What were the exact dimension of the rims, do you have link to them, just want to make sure i can reuse the spoke fittings etc.. - thanks!

To be honest, I wasn’t happy with Team Dynamics. They cocked-up the first set and initially suggested I correct the wrong off-set by using spaces. They did subsequently supply a set that fitted but the whole episode left a bad taste and left me confused as to what is the correct fitment. I’d rather not make any recommendations!

There’s also actually published ‘scientific’ data (I think Road & Track?) out there as to why smaller wheels on the FK8 are a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;4NcenJ0zmAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=4NcenJ0zmAY[/video]

Back