• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New tyres

Basically in the protracted wait for RIMSTOCK to supply the 18" wheels, I had to buy new Conti's for the original wheels. And although I love the robustness and wet weather grip of the smaller set-up, I miss the razor-sharp turn-in - which I now realise, is what gives the car it's character!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to have to you back to the '20"club Steve ! Honda knew what they were doing after All...!

And just in time for the height of Pot Hole season..:lol:

Glad to have to you back to the '20"club Steve ! Honda knew what they were doing after All...!

And just in time for the height of Pot Hole season..:lol:

I know. Within a day of refitting them I hit an unseen low kerb and would have sworn I'd squared a wheel... but even so, the car lost something with the smaller rims, became too normal!

Decided to revert to the 20"s, so I'm selling a set of TEAM DYNAMICS Black Gloss Pro Race 1.3 Alloy Wheels 18x8.5 fitted with 245x18 40 profile MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 tyres

Beat the RIMSTOCK six to eight week leadtime on these particular wheels. Tyres bought from Black Circles. All done less than 500 miles

Please see my listing...

mod edit

NOW SOLD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cool. A PMM Fk2 parked next to me at work randomly yesterday, cant believe how small in comparison it looked to the 8, and the wheels were diddy although its only an inch. Looked awesome though before I get mobbed.

The wheels will probably look and work better on that. The less sophisticated suspension allowing for more camber changes, making a taller sidewall appropriate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Urgent help needed please guys.

A few months after replacing all 4 tyres I’ve got a puncture in my back left tyre.... on inspecting the tyres, I cannot believe how many stones, debris, bit or nail etc are embedded in the soft rubber (not just in the grooves actually squished into the rubber. As great as the OEM contis are for grip when new, the wear rate on them and how soft they are is just ridiculous. When searching for alternatives I get a lot of mixed results and not sure the tyres that come up on the typical websites are correct size/ spec for the car. I know how to check tyre size etc. Normally but for some reason these tyres freak me out as alternatives never seem to have the exact same numbers/ letters (maybe I’m being stupid...)

Anyway - I love Michelin’s and was tempted by PS4s but th garage I phoned wanted £270 fitted which I thought was ridiculous.

Please can anyone recommend best tyres for this car that preferably don’t cost over £250 a tyre and also cheap places to get from?

I’m on the standard 20inch alloys.

Thanks in advance.

A few months after replacing all 4 tyres I’ve got a puncture in my back left tyre.... on inspecting the tyres, I cannot believe how many stones, debris, bit or nail etc are embedded in the soft rubber (not just in the grooves actually squished into the rubber. As great as the OEM contis are for grip when new, the wear rate on them and how soft they are is just ridiculous. When searching for alternatives I get a lot of mixed results and not sure the tyres that come up on the typical websites are correct size/ spec for the car. I know how to check tyre size etc. Normally but for some reason these tyres freak me out as alternatives never seem to have the exact same numbers/ letters (maybe I’m being stupid...)

Anyway - I love Michelin’s and was tempted by PS4s but th garage I phoned wanted £270 fitted which I thought was ridiculous.

Please can anyone recommend best tyres for this car that preferably don’t cost over £250 a tyre and also cheap places to get from?

Thanks in advance.
I normally get mine from Camskill and get KF to fit for £15 per corner.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

You let kwik fit near your wheels? Brave man! On my Mk 6 Gti they damaged 3..!

(I am sure some KF are fine and take pride in their work)

You let kwik fit near your wheels? Brave man! On my Mk 6 Gti they damaged 3..!

(I am sure some KF are fine and take pride in their work)
I have never had a wheel Mark's and I have had they fit over 15 sets of tyres in the last 8 years.

I did have a ramp failure whilst my GTR was on it once that cost them a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Blackcircles has 10% off all Michelins this week. Can get the Pilot Sport 4S for £230 fitted.

Blackcircles has 10% off all Michelins this week. Can get the Pilot Sport 4S for £230 fitted.
They are more expensive even with the 10% off, Camskill are doing the MPS4S for £788 inc vat and delivery, add £60 for fitting and you are quids in.

They are more expensive even with the 10% off, Camskill are doing the MPS4S for £788 inc vat and delivery, add £60 for fitting and you are quids in.

Yes, if you're getting four expensive tyres Camskill will always be way cheaper and definitely worth a little extra hassle.

if you've got (or a friend) with costco membership you can get 4 x MPS4s for £751.56 (add £7+vat per tyre for fitting).

cup 2 @ £254.19 a tyre but there's a current promo for Michelins bigger than 19" that should get you £25 of the price of Cup2's as well.

if you've got (or a friend) with costco membership you can get 4 x MPS4s for £751.56 (add £7+vat per tyre for fitting).

cup 2 @ £254.19 a tyre but there's a current promo for Michelins bigger than 19" that should get you £25 of the price of Cup2's as well.
Worth getting membership at that price.

worth it for the pizza in the cafe

Back