• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

I know it's not the kind of car you buy to worry about these things, but what's the fuel economy been like out of interest?

I know it's not the kind of car you buy to worry about these things, but what's the fuel economy been like out of interest?

It is pretty similar to the fk8 on long motorway trips, but shorter “faster” driving it is quite thirsty.

Usually around 200-260 miles out of a tank.

d2772a59f8f34a7ea2dd223755d54b56.jpg

Like.

The car is in at “clean and shiny (Detailers) for the full monty, correction, ceramic coating etc.

I’ve been meaning to get it done. They have the car for 3 days.

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

“So its had pre wash process, car jacked up to cleaning the arches easier, wheels cleaned, both wheels & bodywork iron decontamination removed. Onto citrus pre wash on the lower panels and impact areas, rinsed, then snow foam, whilst snow foam is dwelling we went over the window seals/kidney grills/front lower grills/side badges/rear badges with an ultra soft detail factory brush. then rinsed. Then onto the two bucket method with grit guards, washed with gtechniq g wash using the rag company media. door seals/boot/bonnet seals all cleaned, car rinsed and dried using the rag company drying towel. car then brought inside for further inspection, the vehicle was clayed using a fine clay, luckily you didn’t have too much contaminated panels from tar/tree sap but where it was found it was removed. We’re currently on stage 1 of the machine polishing process which is to remove the swirls/marring which is on the clear coat. Tomorrow we will be refining the paintwork, the wheels will be taken off in preparation for ceramic coating using Gtechniq C5, the paintwork will be panel wiped and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (5 year warranty via us as we’re Gtechniq Accredited) will be applied. Once thats cured we will be apply two coats of Gtechniq EXOv4. The glass will be sealed with Gtechniq G1, the leather sealed with Gtechniq L1, the carpets sealed with i1v2. Your calipers will be coated with Gtechniq C5 and exhaust coated with Gtechniq EXOv4. Tyres dressed with Gtechniq T1.

6c4eb7bae600f7a05e738f127f2792a0.jpg

78fb1a07a1a2ba9f755047188f7f14d2.jpg

9d154807da0ea8e9b68f775d0f43b1b1.jpg

Will post more pics when it’s finished :)

Ordering the m performance spoiler shortly.

Fighting the urge to get the 763m alloys...

Please tell me you're not paying £5k for wheels, light as they are that's bare squint.

Very nice Stu. Give me a shout when you bring it home, wanna see that shine. Bet it will look amazing

Dott - if you don't mind me asking mate. How much is this setting you back? PM if you want. Cheers.

Back