• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Yet more proof that we’re all just big kids at heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it’s been a productive day but still would have liked to have done more, but finally a lie in bed was too good to miss out on, after 8 days straight.

So started on fitting the Brembos on the front, with the discs. I have left out the pads at the moment as I want to get them checked out to make sure I have put them on correctly, when it goes to Area to have the suspension set up.

3cc13d2dbdfd69c201cbeef533613480.jpg

6a6db8d1841a7c43d052ef816fd8a9c3.jpg

The red of the rears now seem to match a lot better with the clear coat on now.

3f6c5afbe4fff837749305d02980d7db.jpg

Delivery then arrived while I was in the middle of doing the drivers side caliper, which was my race header from Tactical Racing. I am going to go for a SpeedFab full system eventually but had this for the meantime, so I can get on and use the car (will need to source either a K100 or cheap Kpro)

60622da85531a2ee819d82be4375a6d3.jpg

So mocked up the full system with it mated to the Tegiwa exhaust I bought last year in the sale, think it will do the job until I can get my ideal spec

1b825cc335b7372546ebfe1a0f62ef71.jpg

Then the bane of my day, the sound deadening. It looked so easy when watching YouTube videos using the Pipe freeze stuff, but it proved no so. 4 cans of the stuff down and I am at this point...

c7ae79afd0ccd3eba5854cc6aa44a16b.jpg

I wouldn’t have bothered but I need to get it removed so I can get my plates welded in for my half cage.

72d6379c81158d136b6678a41570d40b.jpg

36754223ce83c6d764aaa03e976acb78.jpg

As I had put the brakes on I have put the wheels on as well, 1 to see what it looks like with actual wheels on it lol and 2, I need to see how they sit, as at the moment they have tyres sized for the Evo.

It’s been nearly a year since it last had wheels on it, so it’s good to see it at this stage at the moment.

Still loads of things to get done, possibly a job for Area to finish off for me I think.

Ahh yes the joy of removing sound deadening. Possibly one of the biggest ball aches of a job ever, but necessary for getting a cage sorted.

Given the surface (horizontal, flat), could you instead buy a polystyrene box of dry ice and sit it on the sound deadening until it sublimates away instead? Might work out cheaper (you don't need food-grade dry ice either)

Given the surface (horizontal, flat), could you instead buy a polystyrene box of dry ice and sit it on the sound deadening until it sublimates away instead? Might work out cheaper (you don't need food-grade dry ice either)

I did want to use dry ice originally but I was struggling to get some, so used the freeze spray.

Need either dry ice or a heat gun next I think

A heat gun will make it easier to get off but leave the glue behind, and most older sound deadening was tar based.

Well that is a heat gun, some paint scrapers and some heat shrink ordered from Amazon.

So part one....

16c74d72247b21b6be99a814d7807106.jpg

So this was before I started after the other day, majority of it came off but where someone had gone crazy with the seam sealer, it was stuck on.

036b398cb8967ca516ecccc889054fd7.jpg

So about to start and I began on the drivers side with the heat gun and scrapers.

Surprisingly it came off quite well with it, might as well have bought the heat gun and scrapers instead of the spray, it was cheaper and has worked better.

I then used my Gtechniq Glue & Tar remover and it got the little bits off and cleaned up okay.

I used a sharp chisel then on the seam sealer to remove that and again, bit of elbow grease and it’s come off okay.

73afdeceed89136a51662261623675c6.jpg

Going to tackle the other side tomorrow, as it will be a bigger job I reckon, especially with the amount of seam sealer they have slapped everywhere

nice weight saving lol miss all this ps. remove the metal cover on top of handbrake cables weighs a bit

It’s not fir weight saving, I wouldn’t have been arsed for that lol

It’s so I can get my plates welded in for my cage

N77’s Track Day epthree Project

So day two tackling the sound deadening and also the seam sealer, so the plates for the rear cage can be welded in.

55d565c47e28e34f66df358d1579a9a9.jpg

This was what I started off with before I began working on it using the heat gun, scraper and chisels.

87cfd5d56b06fd6c7094207a3c1ec92e.jpg

1348cd56372dc425ee86c86e656ece06.jpg

After an hour or 2 with the heat gun and hoover, also using Gtechniq glue and tar remover it came off and finally managed to clear it all off.

Whoever at Honda that did the seam sealer on the passenger side went a bit crazy with it, it was really thick up in the corner and was everywhere even though there was no seam

798ce550eb577da892029e80d5a3ab5c.jpg

Put the plate in to see where it would come to, so will probably need to remove a little more on the side, the bracket will probably need to be trimmed to suit as well, but will leave that with the welder to sort.

a2e1f35c5a241b639e08aabf475ff24c.jpg

I thought I would carry on with the inside while it’s accessible and removed the original shifter, it’s much easier to get to it while everything is out, and also to undo the shifter cables at the bottom.

The cage that it sits in though is a bit shabby, with surface rust on it as it’s bare metal after all

c94e5fd0b50e5471f6e0ac6061c46fa1.jpg

So I may clean that up or something depending on what I can do due to its location.

9fa9b9411b73b0f1399ddfbd04ae8252.jpg

But put it in place along with the matching gear knob I purchased also

Just awaiting SW Motorsports to get some more of the carbon panels in stock so I can sort out around it, and also sort my gauges I have to install as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much has happened since the last update:(

Been working straight but unfortunately I was bad on Thursday, then okay but then last night/this morning it came back :(

So was due to carry on working on it today before work tonight, but no such luck.

I’m off to Wembley tomorrow as well for the game, so it will be Thursday now before I get to do anything with it.

I’ve spoke to a guy that does welding work, to get my plates sorted for my cage, so I have to ring him on Monday to sort something out with him, he could have done it tomorrow but I’m at the football.

Also booked in at Area to set up my suspension and do the brakes, as I don’t have the stuff to blead them and never done car brakes only the mountain bike, I prefer someone to do it that knows what they are doing. That’s on the 13th and then the track day on the 15th, booked the trailer for the 3 days then as well.

Went to the folks the other day to grab something and grabbed a pic while I was there haha

29c3658ff0622186ff0a8ddae9059e62.jpg

Without sounding like a total Cnut .......................come one Watford :lol:

Sorry Carl ;) :getcoat:

So unfortunately after the match on Monday this happened...

893b8a0d355730cd4e20e6d81da1c476.jpg

0f6e0a12b25f6ea03d5caac677b2f96a.jpg

It turns out I had DVT which is deep vein thrombosis which I had no idea, but the doc noticed one of my legs was slightly swollen. If it left untreated then it develops into a pulmonary embolism. This occurs when a piece of blood clot breaks off into the bloodstream and blocks one of the blood vessels in the lungs.

However with mine as I found out later on a CT scan, I had it on both lungs and the doc said I was very lucky to be here....

So I am currently still in hospital having treatment for the clot, and not only have I had this but they have now found I am diabetic and will have to use an insulin pen now too...

So needless to say my project is on hold at the moment :(

I was planning on doing some bits today and organising the plates to be welded, but can’t do anything until I’m out and well

Back