• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

No photos taken but bled the brakes today with a bit of help from my Dads mate, wanted to make sure I did them right, he was a mechanic before he retired for 20 odd years so best to get guidance as I had never even changed pads before haha

Luckily he was there as spotted a leak off one of the connections at the front, obviously it was not tight enough, but now all good :)

75aa021303b26065ab6dd3190da72c84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheels look great Carl :cool:

They look okay from a distance but they were sprayed DIY I think so it’s not the best, bought them cheap with tyres though so as they were going to be track wheels I didn’t bother.

But can get them powder coated pretty cheaply so will get them done shortly, possibly grey/anthracite I think.

So I have finally managed to start working on the car properly again today. The aim was to finish off underneath and remove the standard manifold so I could then fit the new header and exhaust, so I can give it a start up and run.

0b394069baf06f3c06f91f3735d51bdf.jpg

I removed the side skirts to get better access to the sills so I could inspect them, clean them up, treat and under seal them all as well as where the under seal was removed.

b21d798ddc4a2821cb1b38aceb6e1739.jpg

Nothing too major underneath but a little had sneaked through the seam on the inside, so rubbed down and it will be treated and I will need to paint it then too.

f6b95376c989585fb91d7b3b873aa5f4.jpg

bec7e104eaa196712d4311ff54f8be9b.jpg

After a going over with the wire brush on the drill, I treated it with my rust convertor and then undersealed it.

40f237b6278a6665a6e321d53fb71f27.jpg

Also did underneath as well, probably do another thick coat for a bit more protection.

59e140f62b3e3b01bba4c39e6ee8f78c.jpg

As this is still on as I couldn’t get the damn heat shield off to get to the bolts

So I will have to see if I can get some to cut it off or something, tried the dremel but your restricted with movement and couldn’t get it right to do it

d1a34e7b6e7e737ad0dffa964200b889.jpg

Plates now sorted I chucked some primer down ready to give it a coat of paint tomorrow after work all being well...

5f3c98fef57ddaa596ad61991723e65b.jpg

d0b50279f6c5b230d79c83d2152c1b72.jpg

Also I have purchased these too along with something else I am getting at the end of the month...

I filled the inside of the sills with bilt hamber s50 cavity wax as an extra precaution, also left all of the grommits out so any moisture can escape. One can did both sills and it gets really good reviews so thought it was worth a go while I was there.

You're getting a good collection of bits there!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

f9d6983d1e1abc2844cdd156555dc754.jpg

So a couple of coats of Satin Silver but it’s obviously not what they used as it’s a lot different to what’s down.

Think it’s the excuse I need but thinking of doing the whole lot now lol

Also on the plus side the manifold heat shield is now off, so I will tackle removing and fitting the new manifold and hopefully exhaust as well tomorrow...

Progress made slowly yesterday thanks to some stubborn bolts.

Tried to remove the heatshield on the standard manifold to get to the bolts to remove that.

Top two came off no problems but the lower ones were being the awkward ones, managed to use the sockets I had to remove rounded off nuts to get the one off but other one was not having it and seemed a smaller bolt. So tried prising the heatshield off to no avail. Big crow bar came out and just kept hitting it until it eventually gave in and it came off with the bolt still attached.

41f43a98cece9af4c0b2f60b1d490636.jpg

With that now removed I could get to the nuts and bolts holding the manifold in place, again one was being stubborn but it came away.

c765aeaaf08c7f2f3b2d4a308d2d998d.jpg

Then the bracket that supports it at the bottom was in the way, managed to push the manifold up so I could remove it, but the bracket was going to be in the way for the replacement, so this had definitely got to come off.

The bolt for this is attached to the block and with the driveshaft going right across you are limited with space to get anything on it to remove it.

Managed to get a ring spanner on it and used another spanner for leverage, but it broke the spanner. So a trip to Halfords to get one of there Advanced spanner’s and tried again. Success and it came off but just this had took forever.

7c9d007ce5daf90e2d730e1eafac8347.jpg

So all the new shiny bits laid out ready to go on, so manifold on first, new poly hangers as well were fitted. Also refitted the ARB at this point again with new SuperPro bushes as well.

28eba6a8ee8a0d91723c95b114d5040a.jpg

652bdc7fa09a9b32d3fe2a18a6628d44.jpg

Manifold in place it was time to tackle the rest, however as I had used the one hanger to replace the manifold one I only had 3 left, so mounted the back box to check clearance on the Progress ARB and fit the new Poly hangers there as well, also tightened the drop links in place now as well.

6627a740d2134e4e41ca0a26bb05de7d.jpg

Looking like a car again but I only then had 1 exhaust hanger so have ordered a triangular poly one from Tegiwa for the mid pipe so will fit that when it comes in, should take look to bolt up and then I can finally give it a start again, before draining the oil to do a change and hopefully fit the baffles sump, but may go to HondaHQ to get that done, as possibly looking to swap over a freshly powder coated subframe as well.

94e5717b2d3d317acdebbf3a6fca4d85.jpg

3d3891e8f17662c31fbe3ac3321f2b3a.jpg

Few more pics of the rear now with the back box on, this was removed though for security as without the mid pipe in place it’s not actually secure.

All looking good Carl. It’ll be done in no time at all bud, then you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour properly ;)

Just catching up on your thread, sorry to hear about your health but that comes first, glad you're getting sorted.

Keep up the good work car is coming along great ��

So my mid pipe exhaust hanger arrived on Tuesday but wasn’t my normal postie :( so it got took back to the PO as it needed a signature, so got it picked up yesterday :)

So may have a go at fitting the rest of the exhaust later, as the sun is out so will be some good daylight today I reckon.

Also this arrived :)

4414a38bfe1a80f96c73bc2d63b36a56.jpg

It’s a Tegiwa 70mm throttle body ready for an incoming purchase soon, this 70mm RBC :)

278fce3cf2c9e6e98bdc6d5ebffdbfac.jpg

Then that’s all the bits I need to get it up and running, and tuned of course. Looking at a day at Curborough sprint course of the 23rd July all being well and funds permitted haha

Well got home, had my tea and then there was just enough light to do this :)

4dfbc650f74aeef6ba52fefce0d10c31.jpg

B-Pipe fitted along with the back box

df730bdac3a8fd5cbe50330a61a6ff2d.jpg

The fitment I have to say is spot on even over the slightly larger Progress ARB I am running, as above.

3687be37708659ecd60b601186a83486.jpg

Doesn’t seem to hang low either unlike my M2 one I have on the other Civic at the moment, which I need to swap over for the other one I have of these anyway.

My only problem is when I went to start the car, the battery was flat :(

Luckily I had an issue with the battery on my other Civic and just got a replacement, then I found out it was a Yuasa battery and I’ve only had it 3 years September so went to the garage that fitted it, and they exchanged it for another one :) so have swapped that over tonight and started it.

Unfortunately I heard it catching the chassis, or so I thought. After investigation it’s hitting on my bolt for the harness eye bolts :( so it looks like me relocating the one.

Looks like I’ve left it in gear as well as the wheel is moving at the front, will need to put my shifter on and have a look again tomorrow

Nice work. I find my 3 inch exhaust always hits something if I'm sideways on an incline, but it's such a tight fit I've just left it for now.

Also, the wheels will always spin when off the floor, the friction through the 'box is enough to turn the wheels. You can usually stop them turning by rubbing your hand out the outside of the tyre with low effort. Worth a check before you mess around with the shifter etc.

Well I finally managed to have some time working on the car yesterday, with the weather being so rubbish on days I have been free, I have also been busy working.

Managed to start on my dash and drill some holes for the gauges and shifter, big thanks to Hazz for one of the hole saws for this job

0c8636c3d0c500c6486e0b886ad9c4d4.jpg

Didn’t know which way to put the gauges, either 2 next to each other across or doing it this way, so I did it this way, as I then have space for other bits if/when needed.

Also put some rubber trim I had left around the hole for the shifter, not cut it to size yet as I may need to trim a little more yet, one the shifter cables are reconnected, then I can check it functions correctly.

I also kept the original plaque from the centre console so I could keep it with the car and put it on the panel just about the shifter hole.

58cb033b22131711e61be1399ed1fcde.jpg

Put it in the car to see what it looked like and so far so good. Time was getting on though as I didn’t start till lunchtime and needed to be somewhere so will continue on Monday, and connect the shifter properly to test it out, then adjust the hole accordingly.

Surely you could have disassembled the OEM console to gauge where the hole position should be prior to drilling? Instead of drilling and then adjusting afterwards?

Looks nice though.

Surely you could have disassembled the OEM console to gauge where the hole position should be prior to drilling? Instead of drilling and then adjusting afterwards?

Looks nice though.

I used the original dash piece to get the location correct but the hole saw was not as big as the hole needed, as it was the biggest available, also I’m trying to make the hole as small as possible. So will check if the shifter functions correctly first, then if not make the hole a little larger

a396dea82cc9be02ff3cad874d2c5f4d.jpg

So connected the Hybrid Racing shifter up properly now and WOW the gears feel so close and tight now, the old shifter was really loose though but it feels great, and the hole is perfect.

a396dea82cc9be02ff3cad874d2c5f4d.jpg

So connected the Hybrid Racing shifter up properly now and WOW the gears feel so close and tight now, the old shifter was really loose though but it feels great, and the hole is perfect.

Looking good, nice hole

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'm really pleased with my shifter and cables. But of an impulse buy, but the throw is very short and precise and doesn't feel overly notchy despite being so short.

You'll be really pleased when you see how quickly you can shift through the gears.

Back