• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Curborough all booked up so that was a no go. However, spotted some 'taster' sessions on MSV that aren't really advertised, basically a 20 min session for £30 (+ sighting laps) which is exactly what I was looking for to give the car a run out before a full track day. They had availability for the 8th and 15th Oct at Oulton Park so booked the 8th (before the full track day on the 31st). If there are any issues gives me a few weeks to get them sorted :)

Have the one that I’m going on at Curborough still available

https://sprintandtrackday.co.uk/col.../curborough-sprint-course-11th-september-2019

c85c6b29924915a2e95ccedb239a3470.jpg

All on the lift at HondaHQ to have the bits done, within a few minutes it had its subframe off lol

3b6a09a3dca26886241668cdef49d5f2.jpg

Some of the bits lined up ready to go on

cb486c8eab39d303304a32f29658666f.jpg

Baffled sump in place

5430a71b37914866faa9b458b56837d8.jpg

All ready to be picked up to go home...

b1a604fa81879f22e6267d5d8b1e46c8.jpg

It’s now being treated to a garage after all this time spent outside haha

This will give me the opportunity now of cleaning it up ready for some exterior mods being applied shortly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N77’s Track Day epthree Project

Work in progress....

0aea25473fde57a530afcb4a4c100677.jpg

Sanded down as it had a few imperfections so had to use a thicker primer...

74c186cb382c30dea7d9d4e53f160ad4.jpg

Let it dry overnight as I had a little issue with it reacting to something, so sanded that section down and reprimed it.

Ok this time, so put another layer on this morning and will let it dry when I get home tonight to just lightly wet sand it before base coat goes on.

d53607ba1036fd118a962d634df09acd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This also happened yesterday...

0bb7fc3e000789f04ca45685b4a96f1c.jpg

754aef9efe4747ea2bdcdb641cd2da37.jpg

Got my own trailer to save the hassle of hiring one. Not so much the hiring of it but the picking up, dropping off malarkey that proved more troublesome.

Just spent the last hour reading this, love the work you've put in for a track car. Looks epic.

Let us know how it drives!

Just spent the last hour reading this, love the work you've put in for a track car. Looks epic.

Let us know how it drives!

Thanks man, I am most definitely and not long now.

So got done doing base coat last night and left it drying.

Wet sanded tonight and then hit it with 3 coats of clear...

7193f4f6bbf679fdf9fb9d11fd67b585.jpg

Will let it dry now for a couple of days before doing anything with it. Might have to wet sand as a damn Nat or something flew right into my spray path, little ****.

Will see how it comes out once dry, should be okay from looking at it and it’s only going on my track car after all, or I would of had it done professionally :lol:

Cleaned up the front bumper ready for fitting the number plate vent surround and fog scoops

cd9831b3da042d8c273c814594e7583b.jpg

Also the grill has been removed and sold ready to fit the Mugen style one.

Need to fit the bumper to the car first then I’m going to fit the grill permanently with the same stuff as the scoops..

I quite often see ep3s with holes drilled where the number plate would normally sit. Does it really aid the car?

I quite often see ep3s with holes drilled where the number plate would normally sit. Does it really aid the car?

Just to get some more air to the radiator really, not a big fan of the holes so got the vent to finish it off better.

Will probably replace the rad at some point as well and possibly an oil cooler

The trials and tribulations of car building. Glad you are ok and on the way to full health! The thread is great and the car is a good looking track toy. I'm sure you will have great fun with it.

thanks for sharing.......Neil

So far so good

48d8919c02aa3de55c36482c7fb427af.jpg

399abf3162c0b45077dfe028f9bf9c90.jpg

d1158916ece35d4c498867306effa6c5.jpg

Looks pretty decent from a rattle can and done in the garage, looks sound with the badge on too.

Will fit it to the bumper tomorrow

So a bit of an update...

Went and took it to Area motorsport to get set up track spec, springs were also changed at the rear and the top mounts were swapped at the front.

They set up the ride height etc...

Also left them to check everything over so did a spanner check, to make sure everything was okay.

Also to bleed the brakes as after I did them before the pedal went down really far and felt wrong when I come to move it on and off the trailer to take it etc....

It was found that the rear right caliper was leaking from the handbrake mechanism, so couldn’t do it as they didn’t have any in.

So a few recommendations from some folks and I went and got a replacement from Euro Car Parts...

0fe705d2518771788d987d24bd12a556.jpg

Fitted it and then went to do the brakes with a bleed kit I bought, however it turned out that it was the incorrect fitment to the brake reservoir so didn’t work, so as I was on my own, I had to wait for some help.

Also had an issue with the grill, I had to clean some stuff of it after I tried to fit it with the sealant I used, and it reacted badly with the paint, so I had to sand it down and respray it and re clear it, so back to how it was.

a77f44df48ef213e0cacbd080738f38b.jpg

With brakes now bled with the help of a friend of my dads I then tried to do majority of the jobs to get it on track...

aac4c8d62b21d73629dcbb1dbfa9bff9.jpg

Dodgy filter removed I could get to the gear linkages to replace the bushes with KTuned solid shifter ones...

2abca66e91151fbabf11a7803b76d80f.jpg

Fitted the scuttle insert kit and scoop to the passenger side scuttle...

Then as I didn’t have the standard air box I didn’t have the fittings for some of the parts for the Tegiwa, so I had to leave this off and just fitted the air box on its own. Also have a pipe to fit but again I didn’t have the fittings for the pipes into it, so had to leave this for another day, as I was on a tight deadline.

I went and got the puncture repaired as I was just going to use these tyres on the short circuit of Curborough, went and got it fixed.

Got home and gave it a clean...

dac8e14d4a4229539f747645036e8d17.jpg

I then heard something coming from the wheel after it was wet, hissing coming from the valve itself, as it was getting on the place had closed, as was most so I just chucked the towel in and gave up....

8a5c2ffbba31ad8e615707e32ff921e3.jpg

985670adfcc60eacf724c922405519b6.jpg

ea13861642eefe7efadd67a02f71a631.jpg

I cleaned it so I could put some stickers I had collected over the course of the build, and the newly acquired sun strip from Area.

Thought it may have cheered me up but I was still down. This car has been a curse since I started it, with the first track day I ended up in hospital, then one thing after another has just got me down, to the point I have lost interest and the enthusiasm I had when I originally had the idea.

I ended up taking my other Civic now it was on the road but now that appears to be broken again after the outing, I now have a low oil pressure flicking oil light :(

I feel I have just lost enthusiasm in both and can’t be arsed with either anymore at the moment.

It seems so close but yet so far with this thing...

Only bits really to do to my original plans with it are to have the gearbox rebuilt with Mfactory plated LSD, Mfactory 5.84 FD and a replacement clutch while it’s out.

Also an intake manifold of some sort and then mapping as already have K100 and Tegiwa 70mm TB ready to go on, and it would be a great weapon.

I just don’t know if I have it in me now to finish it :(

You seem to have been spending every spare minute on it, do you think that’s why you’re starting to resent the perceived lack of progress?

It would be a shame to throw the towel in now, why don’t you just leave it in the garage for a week and have a break?

Agree with above, don't get rid of it leave it and come back to it. Maybe you just need some time away not working on it.

+1 for time away. I've been that way with the mini a few times. Just think about the end goal - the weekend drive or the trackday.

I’ve not really been working on it much the last few weeks but when I have something has happened or ****ed me off.

I have the opportunity to get out of it, obviously losing a little money as I didn’t do it to do that anyway, but my enthusiasm has gone for it to be honest, and for me to fully complete it to what I want it, it’s another £2.5 poss £3k when done, so I don’t think I want to put that in it with this in mind.

My plan originally before this came on the table was to get a Civic Type R or a Golf R as a daily around now, but I got the Passat as I was looking to tow this with it.

Getting rid of the track car will mean I will no longer have to drive an old mans car, sorry a Passat lol and get what I wanted in the first place.

So I have my name down for this at the moment where I work...

c2d461a0ca2cc8ba5bee15fba521c869.jpg

They do also have an FK8 in but having heard of issues on the gearbox and the problems I have still with my other Civic, I am going to try the Golf out, as I do plan on a little tuning with it also, and a couple of track days of course ;)

Not seen it yet so it’s subject to seeing it, but there are only 2 for sale on Autotrader in this colour and 3 door, and that’s one of the 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'm not the only one but when reading through your build I just wish I had the time and patience to build something like what you have ... you should be proud of what you have achieved with it especially on a driveway!

Nice meeting you last week at Curborough by the way, the 30th is super clean and another credit to you. Hope you get to the bottom of the oil light flickering and its something/nothing.

Take a break and maybe write down the outstanding jobs. When work gets too much I find that writing everything down helps rather than storing it in your head ;)

Back