• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Thought I might as well give it a go.

My intention was to leave it and do it at a later date, but while everything is out I thought I might as well.

what’s there was taped and hung up out of the way.... treated around the handbrake cables and used etch primer, now 2 coats of grey primer, not got time until Wednesday now. So it will give it a good while to dry properly...

64fb6e06cb1954457d774bd695adb018.jpg

b71fc5e86df1b90eb4615a439a82adbe.jpg

Will sort out the rear at some point and at the sides, but it will be easier to do the rear as I won’t have to remove the seats or the cage all being well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read this thread from page 1! Sorry to hear of your health issues, but what an epic build thread/car. Nice work :greatpost:

So after the primer had dried after a day or so, removed the paper from masking the already painted section, as I thought I would spray the new coat over it slightly...

a7859eaee29117285de5b88909fe1ce5.jpg

840e731fd5b3d4770fe1e6c445c05d5d.jpg

So ready for paint all over, I did a couple of coats, however after 1 coat I was running low so went and got a couple of more cans. So while the first coat was drying I went and got a couple of more cans, to complete it and give it a good coverage..

442c1fe8627e6d5af06e76f1108b7929.jpg

Looks ok now being all one colour but now I’m eager to get the rear sorted as well now, and I’m now looking to get my cage and also an X Brace I have acquired painted a gold colour as close to the Hybrid Racing shifter knob as I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is getting way to clean for a track car lol,
Good job though mate.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

1c520207e48c5224abd6898c2899ebcd.jpg

So the floor is not looking too shabby, turned out better than I expected off using spray paint, which now leads me to the rear. I have purchased some more primer and paint to do it, but in the interest of getting it finished to use it at some point this year, I have decided to tackle that later.

So with that in mind, I have finally got the rear cage back in, and mounted to the plates. I then had to drill into the rear arches for the brackets that secure the rear section, which is now done too.

I have also purchased an X-Brace as well but it’s unpainted at the moment, I have the same paint used on the cage that Safety Devices have, and some Etch primer, so will tackle painting that before it goes in properly.

f02c6237e00a044d0951e2ba21d78689.jpg

It’s now for me thinking of doing a theme colour wise, and I do like the colour of the Hybrid Racing shifter knob, so may look to do them that colour later, but right now it’s back in.

I also had to reposition one of the mounting points for the harnesses under the rear seat, as it was catching the exhaust, so re-drilled a hole a little further away and secured. Put a rubber grommet in the previous hole to cover that.

Can now look to get the seats also put back in and secured out of the way.

Plan is today to re-install the sensors on the exhaust manifold and drop it on the floor, so I can then tackle replacing the steering arms and install the new drop links at the front.

I also need to fix a speed sensor connector that I damaged while cleaning them up as it got stuck in the wire brush and ripped it off. I have a spare so need to cut that one off and solder it to the existing.

Once I have done these couple of little jobs then I can look at getting it to HondaHQ and Area, so I can then look at getting on a track day to test it.

I have a date in mind for the 11th September at Curborough, as it’s not too far and perfect for a tester, then if all goes well, I can try and get on one at one of the larger tracks...

Well the day didn’t start off great, had a stomach bug and felt sick and diaorea but seem to get better later so went to the folks to sort the car...

Took forever to get this damn bolt in the cage plate, typically it’s the one right in the corner and the hardest one to get too.

d0d638a686204bbadb8c4bdbc7cd4320.jpg

But finally managed to get it fitted in thankfully, then continued putting things back in. 2 of the 3 bolts have snapped putting the handbrake back so had to drill though and will have to use a bit and bolt instead, might removed the handbrake all together eventually anyway.

Got the seats back in and harnesses, fixed them up to the cage now as well (after watching a video on YouTube lol) and bolted the frames back into place, tightened the seat bolts as well as they were still quite loose.

316fa481a29be17339b5c775497eaab8.jpg

768a132e8ea0663e5f3a46a592d2c1ed.jpg

Also fitted the sensors back in the exhaust and used an L shape connector to move the sensor away, in the hope the light stays off for the moment, until I get an intake manifold and I’ll have it mapped on the K100 properly.

7dab22fe99196e645720bcac91369e97.jpg

All booked in now with Honda HQ and Area for August, so should be set for those okay all being well.

See about dropping it on the ground tomorrow and see if I can replace the steering arms...

4ed2271b022918c7ae8590215e79e988.jpg

So it finally touched the ground wahoo!!!

Although the front is now back up so I can sort a couple of last few bits...

38df6b726255b0db59227f556d4109b9.jpg

Also took the X Brace out and got it cleaned up, etch primed and painted in the exact same black as the Safety Devices cage.

e6d64496c04a5f99bc5bba283d8453b8.jpg

Also got the other Civic on the axle stands now as it’s been a bit neglected, time to swap over the exhaust, so I have removed the old one at the moment....

On the downside the DVLA have revoked my driving licence at the moment after I completed a medical questionnaire, to inform them I have Diabetes that is treated with insulin. So I now have to complete a D1 form and medical questionnaire to try and get it reinstated, ball ache or what.

I should still be able to do my track day on the 11th September all being well as it’s a private day so I do not need to show a licence, but will have to wait to get it back before I can do any others...

Was going to question whether you needed a valid license for track days. But that sucks. Hopefully the DVLA aren't useless toss... Oh wait.

So not really much done since as basically no time lol

38b983b04b11dd73c69fae269b11a5c6.jpg

Managed to fit the X Brace after I painted it with the correct colour to match the cage, although I do have plans to change colour of both... but it will have to wait.

1bab7d499c15ea56a76374448af96428.jpg

3da252e47442770db73e199f3f6585ef.jpg

Fit was spot on, it mounts to the original brackets of the OEM one, which I cleaned up and painted Matt black, and the top section fits where the seat belts are fitted, so used the seat belt bolts to secure and all went in without any problems.

Also managed to paint a couple of parts ready to get fitted...

051b60e9558ca11f042607142bd86b95.jpg

The number plate vent to aid cooling while on track...

095c1950154bad540e850c734b0064e7.jpg

And also the fog light scoops to aid cooling of the brakes, will have some piping from these to the brake area...

I am also getting the Upaclick front splitter as well so this will make the front end look more purposeful as well as doing something all being well...

Next job is replacing the steering arms before the car goes in to start the other jobs...

Clockwise Motion baffled sump
Oil & filter change
Energy engine insert mounts
Gauges plumbed in
Subframe collars
And the swap over of this...

ec87049f0f852d76d87bddacd8e69f82.jpg

A freshly powder coated sub frame to swap over

So tempted to get this done on my other one as well, along with doing the trailing arms etc...

3b1aad7f3c069488bd3362ed5b45a694.jpg

All painted gloss black and cleared too.

Had a mishap with one of the cans and it leaked and was dripping all over the place so does have a couple of runs, but not fussed as it will hardly be seen on the number place vent thing

Nice build, bet you cant wait to get it on track and enjoy all the hard work.

I've got Oulton Park booked for the end of October but want to give mine a test run out first really. Didn't know about Curborough, might check it out!

Nice build, bet you cant wait to get it on track and enjoy all the hard work.

I've got Oulton Park booked for the end of October but want to give mine a test run out first really. Didn't know about Curborough, might check it out!

Yeah it’s local ish so it’s not too far to travel, so have plans in mind of doing Anglesey in November.

So managed to briefly do some bits on it today...

Removed the front bumper so I can start to do my modifications.

dad3f7e7145a2b06bb3531c655c797db.jpg

Started by fitting the fog scoops I had painted. They put that much stuff on to fix the metal tabs it was not going into the hole.

So had to remove and trim these first before they would fit and sit correctly.

Not fixed them in place as yet.

9123710240fb61a1178a9264750626a1.jpg

Then I started to cut out and remove the number plate recess to fit the vent I bought from Fiberworx.

af17544b293cc75c8953140c35a6e7a7.jpg

Hole removed it was still a little tight so had to remove a little more to get it sitting a little more flush...

10f2943edec3741dc8e3d8d4766037a7.jpg

64aec6789fbad0c3fe53cc1f51a84730.jpg

Think it still needs a little trim but it will sit flush once it’s fixed and stuck in properly.

Next the grill...

So I managed to get a carbon Delta styling lip for the Mugen spoiler to swap it from the normal black one I had on...

So thought I might as well use the one I had taken off for the track Civic

566518925affac36623e4c5099762f34.jpg

Before

3db6474469fb53b038653f2206d7beb4.jpg

After

With the blade being black anyway it goes nicely. Need to get it fixed on though, probably a bit of windscreen adhesive when I do the bits on the front bumper.

Next job unfortunately didn’t work out, which was removal of the steering arms and track rods, so all being well Dan @ HondaHQ will sort that for me tomorrow.

So pumped up the tyres, put the drop links in loosely (as the subframe will be swapped over) and set it back on the ground...

83d46055f9488e9648ccfae8fe31f0f6.jpg

Feel like something is finally happening when it gets put on ground.

Also fitted the passenger side Spoon style mirror, but took the drivers side off as whoever fitted the glass, fitted incorrectly and it’s stuck on too far down so you cannot adjust it properly. So was trying to remove it and I broke the glass so I now have to try and get a replacement.

22d318ec408e0fcbc76bc2db77cdc962.jpg

37bc0ae8670f40e4899376843dd47571.jpg

Then went off to fetch this...

78bb0f4e5fec961b53172ec4cd872b2d.jpg

It was much bigger than I was expecting to say the least so much so I’ve had to try and make room for it until tomorrow lol

8561e52f764cb83c3f761416980126d7.jpg

Then we thought we better try and put the car on the trailer as well.

It was a bit nervy driving it on as the car is going up but you can’t see anything. Luckily with my dad guiding me up it was on, strapped up and ready for tomorrow.

9d0029dfb379e040a460b18d6c740d9a.jpg

Could probably get away with a slightly shorter trailer but not sure if they have one.

Update tomorrow....

Yeah it’s local ish so it’s not too far to travel, so have plans in mind of doing Anglesey in November.

Curborough all booked up so that was a no go. However, spotted some 'taster' sessions on MSV that aren't really advertised, basically a 20 min session for £30 (+ sighting laps) which is exactly what I was looking for to give the car a run out before a full track day. They had availability for the 8th and 15th Oct at Oulton Park so booked the 8th (before the full track day on the 31st). If there are any issues gives me a few weeks to get them sorted :)

Back