• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

I didn’t think you would have, but you never know, I’ve seen far worse things down :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N77’s Track Day epthree Project

Been a bit quiet with Xmas and the cold weather :lol:

I’ve ordered the HEL lines for the brakes and will be putting in my order in the next couple of days for my Brembo kit.

I have managed to do a bit of treatment on the underside of the rear, the usual process with the wire brush, rust converter but have only managed to give it 1 coat at the moment, so need to give it a 2nd coat, then I can start putting things back on.

Didn’t get pics as it was a case of just getting it done haha

Tuesday I will see about the 2nd coat and go from there.

I also managed to find a few bolts I was missing, from the rear camber arms.

I had put them in another bag with the anti roll bar brackets, so have done the same with the top. All cleaned up and given a coat of black stone chip.

Managed to satisfy myself today and got a 2nd coat on the rear around the fuel tank and where the rear trailing arm bolts on.

This was the reason I need this done, so I can then look to get my suspension parts fitted back on :)

Underside is getting there now finally it seems, I have had to remove the underseal that was originally there for where the plates for the cage will be mounted, so until that is done I cannot do much under the main area, but as previously mentioned, I did put a coat on a couple of weeks ago but it will definitely need doing again once the cage plates have been welded.

64d7e8dd63037bb8225331dbd88c626f.jpg

fcf321e7889b2ca539f3d000586b96bc.jpg

Also these are incoming :)

58f20978e44b0f7b79943dfb5945e2d2.jpg

Woohoo all arrived safe and sound :)

9517e7179d6c2547c772aa8281a123b4.jpg

The brackets are a work of art on this kit, which is from KSystempro the same as my other Civic, but calipers this time are from the Megane instead of the Clio

8bebf31c7b7d4e0ff568a82e8b2ea1c1.jpg

Calipers are pretty light too for the size of them

9914429ffcadb16409881cfa826f6d96.jpg

Got the HEL lines to fit with them as well plus the PBS pads for the calipers too.

Just need to actually fit the suspension now so I can fit all this on too.

Will definitely need to spray up the rear calipers now as well in red to match.

94021f2bbd6fbeedee1a5adf9a457594.jpg

The full kit in all its glory ready to be fitted, once I get the rest of the parts on that is haha

PBS pads were purchased in the deal as I knew I would be getting these, so had the rears free. Got the HEL lines from JMS Hondas separately so it will be a bit of a learning experience fitting these, never touched anything to do with the brakes before, but I will get it checked when it goes to Area to make sure I have done it correct haha

Other than needing a 15mm spacer instead of 10mm spaces, are they major difference between the Clio set and the Megane set?

I guess the Megane runs bigger pads?

Other than needing a 15mm spacer instead of 10mm spaces, are they major difference between the Clio set and the Megane set?

I guess the Megane runs bigger pads?

Yes, that is correct. It’s a slightly bigger caliper so a larger pad as well, and more expensive lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here’s a comparison to the 2 kits, as I bought the Clio ones for my other Civic this time a couple of years ago :)

b2f94332248aa758908f7d7eaa55eb81.jpg
0bdd72653c3e97a06111d8efdefaedff.jpg

Obviously the Clio kit is the silver calipers and the Megane kit with the Red calipers :)

Finally I have got round to refittting the parts now, woohoo

It didn’t go as smoothly as planned though, the brake lines are on for good, but wasn’t moving and not is rounded off :(

Also the line on the drivers side wouldn’t come off the caliper either so I just chopped it off lol

acaefb2e485c521ca60c3ce776984162.jpg

ad6ba160c88e9bc50466e348539d28d7.jpg

So far I have managed to fit the front coilovers, front hubs and control arms on both sides. I will need to get some new driveshaft nuts I think as well to replace these, as the nick from when they originally fit them is now split, so for piece of mind I need to try and get one...

Now for the rear suspension....

I'm more impressed with the caliper brackets than the calipers! :lol: But then that might be because the ones I got given to fit the Porsche calipers to the Volvo are just lumps of aluminium and look like dog turd.

I'm more impressed with the caliper brackets than the calipers! :lol: But then that might be because the ones I got given to fit the Porsche calipers to the Volvo are just lumps of aluminium and look like dog turd.

They are a work of art, shame they are hidden and not seen really.

Awesome work, looks incredible now! Lots of inspiration here (or motivation/kick up the ar5e to get stuck in on mine!)

So I got the hubs onto the trailing arms in preparation yesterday and went to fit...

362266a4c5e6adc86668a0ea52a2b284.jpg

Unfortunately when I have come to fit them I think the angle of the brackets on the new Hardrace bushes I had fitted are at a slightly wrong angle, so as you move the trailing arm down, it’s changing the angle of the arm, and it’s not lining up to the strut properly :(

100392308e3e035b9693133542ea4ad5.jpg

As you can see it seems to be twisting it so I am going to have to pop back to HondaHQ to get them to alter them slightly, as they are not moving at all like I thought once they are on the car...

So took the arms back along with some spares I have that still have the bushes in, and as I thought they were at the wrong angle, so have left them with him to sort out.

In the meantime I have ordered and received some new driveshaft/hub nuts to replace the old ones, also looking to replace the rubbers for the exhaust system as well, as I had to cut mine off.

Any recommendations? Or just get OEM replacements?

So took the arms back along with some spares I have that still have the bushes in, and as I thought they were at the wrong angle, so have left them with him to sort out.

In the meantime I have ordered and received some new driveshaft/hub nuts to replace the old ones, also looking to replace the rubbers for the exhaust system as well, as I had to cut mine off.

Any recommendations? Or just get OEM replacements?

I run poly exhaust rubbers for mine but only to stop the 3 inch knocking on everything. The knocking has stopped and I haven't found any downsides yet, apart from the price!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

So HondaHQ sorted my brackets out and readjusted them to match my spares, unfortunately as the weather was ***** on Friday when I had time off to do stuff :(

So I could only clean them up and coat them for now, but are ready to go on as soon as I can.

a795132aaacafac28421890a08511590.jpg

0cd4046cda6f731c836aed4343b446e6.jpg

All cleaned and coated above, ready to go on but damn work is getting in the way. Might throw a sicky one of the days and get cracking on it haha

Also feel free to follow me on instagram as I update on that regular too

n77jones

So work on the Civic was put on hold Saturday so I could replace the grill on my daily, ready for the change on Thursday :)

5042932e8b72b9fe8810a63387d2f011.jpg

It was cracked and they were knocking stupid money off so I said I would get it done myself, as I had planned to already. So ordered one from eBay and went about swapping it over.

Couldn’t find any guides for removing the bumper on the net, so had to work that out for myself, so took a bit longer than it would, but got it done in the end.

So it was time to get back to the Civic today, started early as I wanted to be finished for the footy.

Now the brackets were on correctly, it went on very easily and everything lined up to the coilovers no problem

5d4951aa7ad070fdfda8a29f421b6061.jpg

One side done and the other lined up ready to put in place. The jack came in handy to lift them up while I put the bolts in place, as I was doing it on my own.

9e2fdf258e520bf7e497e3e056373cc2.jpg

1f164fe1594cf218ca9021961b18c664.jpg

Both sides are now on :)

08b543809f3acaf5eeef7495c6cec518.jpg

Onto the Hardrace LCAs fitted next, the right hand one was okay but the one for the left side, the Hardrace sticker would have been upside down when fitted, so I had to sort out that first, or it would have annoyed the hell out of me :lol:

94b6137133bb98751bfd58ebb5ea56a0.jpg

Once that was sorted I fitted that along with the Progress tie bar so it would fit the LCAs into place as well.

Bit closer view of the LCAs and Progress bar

2b4e41602e08838268a0fbe025284d27.jpg

I have held off at the moment from fitting the ARB itself at the moment, but will probably do that along with a couple of other bits.

I would have fitted the Hardrace camber arms but I couldn’t find the bolts to mount them to the chassis, so didn’t fit them.

Then the match was on so work stopped and I watched that haha

Have found the bolts for the camber arms now so I can fit those next time, the trouble of doing stuff at your folks, they had been moved and shifted

Hopefully get some stuff done Thursday, weather pending as I also need to replace the flooring in my kitchen too, after a mishap not installing my washing machine properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Back