• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Jesus, hell of a day mate. At least everything has been found and you're all good.

Cars can wait, health can't.

Insulin ain't so bad (this coming from someone dealing with Type I for >40yrs now).

The DVT does sound like a worry though, how's your health otherwise? :(

Insulin ain't so bad (this coming from someone dealing with Type I for >40yrs now).

The DVT does sound like a worry though, how's your health otherwise? :(

Otherwise okay, and no issues which is why it was a bit of a shock to say the l least.

I got back from the match at Wembley on Sunday. Walking back to the car park with my dad and was struggling to breathe, it was like I had been on a hard workout or something.

So rested a little then tried again and it was the same. So my dad went and fetched the car and we went home. I had an ache on my chest and shoulder as well.

So went to bed as I was tired at this point, it had been a long day, I had drank a bit of gassy pop as well, so thought that might have contributed to it.

In the night I woke up with the pain still there and in some discomfort, I was sick (which I had sickness and diahorrea a few days before as well) and went back to bed, again I woke up so thought something wasn't right, so called 111 and then they called the ambulance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you doing Carl, back home yet or due soon?

Still in at the moment, they have said possibly the weekend.

A lot better today, took the drips off so seem a bit more for it.

I have managed to eat a bit more today.

Still having injections to thin the blood out, so just waiting on that to clear now and I should be okay

Still in at the moment, they have said possibly the weekend.

A lot better today, took the drips off so seem a bit more for it.

I have managed to eat a bit more today.

Still having injections to thin the blood out, so just waiting on that to clear now and I should be okay

Pleased to hear you are on the mend

Fewer excuses, more results. :lol:

But seriously, good that you found this all out "the easy way" compared to the multiple scenarios that are much worse.

Bloody hell Carl, sorry to hear mate. Glad it’s been caught now and dealt with rather than something worse down the line.

Crumbs Carl. Glad you got on top of that quickly bud. Hopefully you’ll have a speedy recovery mate.

I feel guilty about my come on Watford post now :lol:

Shocking fella but as Karl said, at least this is better than the whole host of ways you could have found out.

Hope you're home and resting in your own space soon bud with no lasting side effects.

The diabetes will be a bit of a change I'm sure but you'll get there. :smt023

Sorry to hear this mate but at least you're getting sorted.
If they give you the care you’ve been giving to your future track car recently then you’ll be ok:D

Christ on a bike, I was expecting an update but wasn't expecting this! Hope you're feeling better soon bud!

So still managing to work on it from my hospital bed yesterday lol

e1810e8fb937f2f65f7e059974aa6c0b.jpg

2c9c8f2dcd7d626f989f88a8d3a24c1f.jpg

Managed to get someone to come and weld my plates in for the cage to be fitted.

Have ordered some primer and paint from Halfords for it as well.

I’m out of hospital now but have been told to take it easy for a few days, so just resting st home at the moment. It’s killing me it sitting outside though and not being able to mess with it, especially as I really need a push now to get it done for next month.

Sorry to hear about the health issues.

Only being honest here but those cage mounts want cut out and get someone else to reweld it, it looks shocking that welding. Looks far too cold, doesn't look like any of the paint was removed prior to the welding taking place. Bits of filler wire sticking out of it.
did he use flux wire and no gas as it looks very sooty?

I wasn't going to say anything but yea.... This ^. Looks like he qualified from the stevie wonder academy for welding.

+2. Paint's not been cleaned off and the welding looks like pigeon sh*t. I wouldn't want to trust a roll cage on that.

Just shown the welding photos to my son, professional battle beater and welder, and he said that as long as the cage is for aesthetic reasons and you’re not hoping it will save you when the horizon is the wrong way up, then that’s fine. For a few months before it detaches due to the welding being too cold. He also reckons that it wouldn’t pass British Motor Sports Association regulations either if you want to put the car on the track.
Not wishing to pee anybody off, but his exact words when he saw it were “I’d be shooting the pigeons that sh!t in my car”!

Well nothing really happening with it at the moment, as not back to full strength to mess properly at the moment.

Had to take some pics of my brakes to send off to try and sort some lines that will fit, so had to remove the wheel and move out the caliper, and it knackered me out just doing that :(

4872f1a301806a67d84db59ae2e78890.jpg

66f9b6630f35cdbf1ff455281abe69d4.jpg

As you can see the HEL line doesn’t get near the connection on the caliper how it’s bent and is too short.

So awaiting to get sorted.

The only thing I managed on Sunday was cleaning up of the front anti roll bar brackets and painting them, that’s pretty much it at the moment :(

4b6f60499620a2c4dcb145d138d60acd.jpg

0076de5951b708c2e9741186e76a53d2.jpg

I have had to cancel the track day next month and also the dates I had planned to get the car set up until I can do the work on it :(

Hopefully I get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Back