• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Back to it today after picking up the new daily from the dealer, so didn’t have much daylight.

b82ee9a7a58e8486955eef1d0c1c0b80.jpg

So I managed to fit my Hardrace camber arms after I found my bolts to fit them. Also put the ARB in place along with the Hardrace drop links. I decided to use the Hardrace links instead of the Progress ones, however the Progress ones are adjustable compared to the Hardrace, and to me they seem to not be at the right angle.

cea41f61f58402fe70c70bbb7de3b792.jpg

87b890b5a55859080ec519575c04a0f4.jpg

Also found my RPB discs that I originally bought for my other Civic, but they have been sat in my garage for god knows how long, so will be using them on this instead. Popped one on to see what it looked like, ordered some retaining screws as well.

0676bd250defd4aeaeb6867bf111ed28.jpg

Also managed to remove 1 of my rear calipers, the other is stuck on. I was removing the handbrake cable and went to take off the bracket, one bolt came off no problem, the other one decided to stick and it’s now been rounded off :( So I need something to get that off next, then I can clean them and paint them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So back on the car today and decided to sort out the brakes, one bolt is stuck on and no matter what I tried, it’s not coming off the bracket holding the handbrake cable on, so had to sort that one out in situe.

1d6e9fc1a82cabdf0d52d6871eb0fea5.jpg

Removed the lines pretty easily now I have the correct spanner’s, unlike the front ones, which I rounded off trying to get them off last time, this is how you learn, from the mistakes lol

83c8f049f075bf5abec792bc78aea23d.jpg

Cleaning up the callipers so I can paint them red to match the front and noticed the seal on the one side is split, so have ordered a rebuild kit to sort that out, something else I will be learning as I go on that one too haha

The caliper that is stuck was okay, so managed to Chuck some paint on that, and also the carriers, so I can go ahead and sort that side first. When I removed the lines I also removed the brackets, as there was a load of crud around the lines, so while everything was disconnected, I removed the brackets, got the dremel on them and have repainted them, they can go back along with the new HEL lines then.

8739063e07a08c24484ff46dd667be27.jpg

I then looked at the front, unfortunately as I mentioned earlier the brake line nut is now rounded off, I tried with the proper spanner, but to no avail, so I will need to seek help on those. So I trial fitted the Brembos with the discs and brackets, to check it all centres okay, and it seems to line up okay. Didn’t leave them on just yet, as I need nuts for my evo wheels, so no one has the opportunity to nick them.

Now at work for the week, so work stops again until the weekend, where I will carry on and try and finish up painting and fit the passenger side rear caplier and HEL lines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N77’s Track Day epthree Project

I had Progress rear drop links on my old EP3, one of them snapped after a few thousand miles. Would not recommend.

1e62095f657cf01ed21fedf7c3d721dd.jpg

So my carriers dried okay, lighter red than I thought it was going to be and it’s not a gloss, I do have some clear coat I may use to gloss them up a bit but look better than they were

**** weather meant I couldn’t do much on the car, so I have removed my piston in the brake caliper that I managed to remove, ordered a refurbishment kit so I can replace with new piston and seals.

I then painted it and I have also clear coated the carriers as well, so it’s a shinier finish.

49ded9bd483455f1d10e7b7536be59d6.jpg

So I could only do a little yesterday as the main job I had to do was my flooring in the kitchen.

So I managed to clear coat the caliper that is still attached to the car, so they are all set to be fitted on my next available day.

e56bfb2c41be30a46f0cef9720529241.jpg

Had it hanging from some steps to keep it off the floor, did a fresh coat of red before clear coating it as well...

85c9c9af2d3aa86e9305dcf3c4ec701f.jpg

All done....

ae4e047e0ad96f76c19b53b551a34148.jpg

The other caliper and the carriers all completed as well, looks better now with the clear coat and hopefully last a bit longer too...

Also got most of my flooring done in the kitchen, couple of bits left to do on that as well haha

f43cf69edbaa1b264a5c03c8b483c72d.jpg

Yea, no idea where that came from. Think it was because I was talking at work about a lady called Carol. Cannot blame my phone as I was on the laptop :lol:

Yea, no idea where that came from. Think it was because I was talking at work about a lady called Carol. Cannot blame my phone as I was on the laptop :lol:

Not sure if I should admit it, but it’s not the first time I have been Carol lol

So update time.....

I was hoping to do a lot more but unfortunately the weather was not playing ball for me yesterday, so I could only start once it had stopped, which was about 3ish in the afternoon :(

So managed to get the calliper that was still attached refitted, along with new RPB disc, carriers and PBS pads installed, including the HEL line as well.

72172b1f15a6af32bf3bde6ffd702234.jpg

It then started raining out of nowhere so it was a mad dash to get everything undercover.

Short sharp shower and it stopped, so went back out again, I was determined to get these brakes on done and dusted.

So on the drivers side, reconnected the calliper to the handbrake cable and bracket, then RPB disc on, carrier on, again PBS pads and calliper in place, HEL line installed and done.

6573458be2ab4e296b035c5331246508.jpg

That is the rear pretty much done on parts side of things, now I have these on, I can use my new arch roller tool, to have ago at rolling the arches as well.

My plan was to get the front brakes on ready and fitted as well, also start interior removing the sound deadening, but no time unfortunately. It’s a look week this week as I’m working 7 days straight, so I’m not off until next Thursday, so that’s when it will start again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh and watch how you go with the arch roller. Use plenty of heat so the paint doesn't crack. I was told, if the panel is too hot to hold your hand on, then it's about warm enough. Obviously heat it gently and not just go at it with a blow torch like someone I know did (not me btw) :lol:

Oh and watch how you go with the arch roller. Use plenty of heat so the paint doesn't crack. I was told, if the panel is too hot to hold your hand on, then it's about warm enough. Obviously heat it gently and not just go at it with a blow torch like someone I know did (not me btw) :lol:

Nice one, never thought about that. Only have a hair dryer so that will do

Yeah, I used a small heat gun when I did the arches on the MX5, worked a treat, just kept passing it over the panel till it got hot to the touch.

N77’s Track Day epthree Project

I put this on my Instagram (which is n77jones) as my mom had sent it to my sister and a copy of it to me, saying “still loves messing with cars” with these 2 pics

dc2822e837eaf1093f5a30ebfe39026b.jpg

535225d5665e70eb6299dcd6f7d44400.jpg

The first one was when I was about 3 years old pretending to work on my army truck.

The second was when I was doing my brakes the other day, where my mom must have sneaked a photo haha

38 years apart roughly for the 2 photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Back