• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Sunday’s task completed....

So white spirits wiped over everywhere I was going to spray, masked up the areas I didn’t want to spray and set to work :)

f0aab3646532fe2c9fc31c53fa7ac803.jpg

8424aa93f78c1c1d70265e7a5d5d7293.jpg

First coat done, so left for a little longer than the 1-2 hours to make sure then applied a second coat.

2815237d48cf9c78ff1b8ae849bfccaa.jpg

cd80b7af8bec1e046dfc4d679a59aeae.jpg

Left it to dry a little after the second coat and removed all the masked areas before it’s properly set, and put the lights back on as I have to put the bumper back on before I go out later.

94404bf6f26136e3560e49591d361ca8.jpg

Looks okay now, shame you will never see it but at least it’s a bit of peace of mind it’s okay behind there for a while haha

Next job to tackle is the underside of the chassis rails and floor, it’s not going to be easy without a ramp, so I may have to lift it a little more off the floor to get a good clearance, we shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you keeping this road legal Carl, or will you be trailering it to tracks?

I also thought if I break it, I can get it home lol

Best way to look at it. You see people at drift days all the time acting smug because they can daily their car. Then when they stack it and it’s totalled, they start to panic about how to get to work till it’s fixed. Trailering is definitely the best method when it comes to track toys.

I would love to trailer mine, I just don't have the room to keep a trailer at home.

I would love to trailer mine, I just don't have the room to keep a trailer at home.

I don’t either so I’ll be hiring one when needed. Can get one for £40-£50 for the day

It is a bit of a pain. We've always been lucky as we've got friends with Beavertails or recovery trucks. Usually bung them the petrol cost and a Maccy Dee's and they're happy. Problem lately has been them getting cars built up that require trailering to events, this means there's less transport to go round. If I build another car, it'll be a trailer queen, but as the plan is another MX5 for drifting, but boosted, it means I don't need a huge trailer. It's a big IF right now though, trying to clear a bit of debt is priority first.

We borrow a trailer off a guy my brother does spanner work for on the side so usually costs us £15 a day or so, £30 with the Disco (truck of doom we call it) as well, or we can hire one for £40 if our guy isn't able to help out.

Looks good:cool:

Have you decided on what wheels you will be running?

Yes, I have a set of Evo 7 wheels I believe they are

82533b904347fc2e207aae6f86198101.jpg

I need to get some AD08’s to replace the current tyres, as they were on them when I bought them, Evo size I believe

Yes, I have a set of Evo 7 wheels I believe they are

82533b904347fc2e207aae6f86198101.jpg

I need to get some AD08’s to replace the current tyres, as they were on them when I bought them, Evo size I believe

Think you are correct with them being Evo 7 wheels. They will suit the car well:twisted:

Well with the winter upon us and busy with work, it’s been a little quiet on progress...

I started on the underside a few weeks ago removing all the underseal from where the points for my cage are going to be welded, as well as much of the surface and loose rust as possible.

Hard to get photos underneath as it’s pretty dark and also I only have jack stands, so it is tight under there, I did get a trolley to make it easier, but it didn’t and put me closer to the car.

Some before:

47d294874354fb3fe7ab1129d66661ab.jpg

e44ede0c5c30b76768212278a70c6bb7.jpg

3325b270279e0ea5587f0b99b2d1f016.jpg

So far I have only removed the surface rust and treated it with the rust converter, I have not yet under sealed, as I was going to wait for my plates to be welded in for the cage first, then do the whole lot.

a72d6e52fd49f8d81b4aa096b8107350.jpg

cbbb374a83b9e4de235a7348109a2307.jpg

There is an area I need to concentrate on next and that is in the drivers side by around where the arch had the most damage, so still need to do that section, but it may now have to wait depending on what time I have and what the weather is like on the day.

N77’s Track Day epthree Project

So unfortunately the replacements suspension parts I purchased already SuperPro’d turned out not to be in a condition I was led to believe, these were the arms...

4799c5c51cfd07ece5176759c720dfc7.jpg

1ccf9ec959e26962f02465dfbb328d6e.jpg

Also the rubbers on the Buddy Club Roll Centre Adjusters are split too

0a8daa7288702b8427fbaaba948bb90d.jpg

So it has delayed progress on getting the car back on 4 wheels as to what was happening with the parts. They were going to be took back and I was going to get a refund, but the guy lives miles away, I picked them up from a mutual location but I was going to take them to Manchester. So needing the time to do that it delayed things, then we came up with another solution of having some money back and I keep them, it was a bit of a mare.

In the meantime I had ago at cleaning up the control arms I originally took off, and they were not as bad as they looked, they are solid and nothing like these. I also had a spare from a while back, where I damaged one on my other civic and I ended up getting a pair with hubs and knuckles, but only replaced one of them.

859eadd93ff157916c3a27f0d6fa3b3d.jpg

Also started on one of the trailing arms as well...

3839039ed28faaaddbd652b9f78a91ec.jpg

c28102ec409d67ef9eea7f3c3ffabff3.jpg

As mine were okay, we agreed to have a refund and then I would get the bushes taken out of mine and swapped for the SuperPro.

So I dropped them off with Dan at HondaHQ and he’s removed the original bushes, then I’m having them back to refurbish, and then give them back to him to have the SuperPro bushes fitted in them.

3d3f677f5c389b3d15fd52206a20a99c.jpg

On the roll centre adjusters, I am replacing the boots on them with either replacements from Buddy Club or some generic ones, I just need to get the sizes.

Dan said he’s seen this a lot with the Buddy Club ones as they are silicon and very thin.

Also managed to get on the remaining hubs yesterday, so did the front hubs and rear

89a631e2d44592770977f58636906538.jpg

9c5ecd982e0d774a833e8350dcad509c.jpg

Once they have all been done, I will start getting them on with the coilovers, new discs at the rear and PBS pads. Need to sort the front brakes out as yet so that will TBC.

I still need to order Steering arms and track rods, drop links front and rear, rear camber arms and also replace the bushes on the trailing arms, but holding off at the moment as I have parts everywhere and already getting moans about that from the folks, as that’s where the car is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice progress. The state of those arms is shocking! Crusty AF. Makes you wonder how many are driving around in a similar condition.

Those arms look scary, especially the split in the first one :eek: Nice progress though Carl, good to see you doing everything properly and not rushing or bodging it :cool:

Back