• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

I just bought some pagid EP3 front discs from Euro for £66 quid I think it was. Tegiwa were priced at £88 I think! Im picking them up tonight. Ordered some for the Dc2 too.

N77’s Track Day epthree Project

I just bought some pagid EP3 front discs from Euro for £66 quid I think it was. Tegiwa were priced at £88 I think! Im picking them up tonight. Ordered some for the Dc2 too.

I got some PBS pads while they were doing there buy the front and get rears free offer.

They do it every so often but it might not be on when I need them, so thought I better get them haha

Although I had to buy Renault Megane front and asked them for Civic rears ;)

I’m going for a Brembo kit off the guy I had my kit for the road Civic I have, but this time they use the caliper from the Renault Megane 3 RS 250/265 so is a slightly bigger caliper than the one that’s on my other Civic, which is from the Clio RS 197, so used a bigger pad but the same discs, which are 350z discs, so a wide choice of replacements :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh good stuff! Always good to keep a few bits in the garage ready for when you need them. My garage is like a mixture of a Toyota and Honda parts store, stuff everywhere.

I got some PBS pads while they were doing there buy the front and get rears free offer.

They do it every so often but it might not be on when I need them, so thought I better get them haha

Although I had to buy Renault Megane front and asked them for Civic rears ;)

I’m going for a Brembo kit off the guy I had my kit for the road Civic I have, but this time they use the caliper from the Renault Megane 3 RS 250/265 so is a slightly bigger caliper than the one that’s on my other Civic, which is from the Clio RS 197, so used a bigger pad but the same discs, which are 350z discs, so a wide choice of replacements :)

Is this the K System Pro kit?

Is this the K System Pro kit?

Yep that’s the one.

I have had the other one now coming up to 2 years and have been pleased with it, no problems with fade even on the roads on the alps and the ring.

So I contacted Peter again to get the latest prices and he said he had also started doing the kit with the Brembos from the Renault Megane as they use a larger pad, so that was my mind made up really.

I want decent brakes but also something I can replace discs easily, and these fit the bill with them being the 350z discs, there’s loads of choice out there.

I know a lot run StopTechs but the rotors are expensive to replace as they are 2 piece. I could run them with this if I want to so have the choice at least.

These are the Clio ones on my other Civic

21f0e19fd532881b5572c3b36295ab49.jpg

f7b95f1c9a3a57b7c2cbe33f13318016.jpg

So on with the rear trailing arms, well one of them so far...

b26c7912fac671170976d860a529311a.jpg

I only got this far on my day off as I have to do it outside for obvious reasons, and of course it started raining, so I had to put it on hold.

f5d8346b1161e4520069b32dae99e2d3.jpg

So I ended up cleaning up my bolts and sorting them out where they needed to be...

d107b0c17aaf95419a5a3afaec595f0f.jpg

80337f2946db7a26488bfc8db4accdd6.jpg

I didn’t do many photos on the different stages this time, as I wanted to get on with doing it, as I had somewhere to go after.

So did the process I have done with all so far, used the wire brush on the drill, then the dremel and then the wire brush again, treated them with the rust converter, let it dry and then go over again roughly with the wire brush to move excess and smooth it off a little.

3e7c7ab5ef35566e7f80cf7bbb97d51d.jpg

Then off they went into my paint booth (aka the garage) and given 3 coats of grey stone chip paint like the front control arms.

Unfortunately I could only get one completed, which is not a bad thing, as it means I can do one at a time spraying them.

It just means I have this yet to tackle on the next one :( which I should hopefully start on tomorrow

36db66d9b84c88a7a151b1ab1986bcb0.jpg

Brilliant read this N77. Great work and effort so far. Gives me some motivation and tips on my own car.

Maybe one day we will bump into each other on a trackday.

So got to work early this morning on my last remaining rear trailing arm. It took some work on it but now it’s ready for my rust converter treatment

8c8c7ea1eb7762c469c52f6f7aead4d9.jpg

Before

c7175019718cd281220d36d395879f9e.jpg

After

The rust converter will sort the remaining few spots, but has got rid of the majority of crap in there :)

This is becoming a real labour of love for you eh Carl? :lol: Doing a top job though mate, this is going to be the cleanest track day car in the country ;)

This is becoming a real labour of love for you eh Carl? :lol: Doing a top job though mate, this is going to be the cleanest track day car in the country ;)

I have always wanted to do something like this but never had the chance, as I have not been wanting to leave a car sitting around while I do the work haha

So took the opportunity with this, also I thought if I do it now, then it will be easier to maintain after all being well :)

So on to the next stage...

aeca48043ebd732f9fa190a605225833.jpg

0f32ad58828fb9112bccb4872710e598.jpg

Jenolite Rust Converter treated and now sat drying in my living room by the heater lol

d52d0347eaad96ba7a08a73e53b7a28d.jpg

A night and day difference of the two trailing arms side by side.

Should both look the same next week when I am off again to paint the other one, then I can get the Hardrace bushes fitted and then they will be ready to go back on the car :)

This is a great build thread, and thanks for sharing your progress updates on here. I’m not sure I could bring myself to take it out on track after all the work you are putting in. It’s going to be an amazing car once finished.

Keep up the work and looking forward to more progress updates into the new year.

Well the last piece of the suspension has just been painted and is set out to dry, ready to fit the new Hardrace bushes :)

bbc548f707df609eab97a70a949e6a90.jpg

33b931a78391784fec7c4a202def8698.jpg

5bcca314e4c6e934b9bdc0e77a3f0469.jpg

Just awaiting the camber arms to come and also got some Ktuned gearbox shifter bushes from the Tegiwa sale :)

On a side note, a caricature I am doing of my other Civic is going on okay too :)

37071e236237f9714b4536314997cfc1.jpg

Nothing being missed from getting a bit of TLC.

Few of the bolts were a bit horrific so all have been cleaned up and painted, ready to refit...

f979c31c89a11615d28d7506c8cc0ce6.jpg

Just a selection from all the nuts and bolts I have, few are spares as some were from my car, and some were from the parts I purchased.

These are the adjustable bolts from the rear suspension and the front bolts from the suspension strut.

e0b086052758f81a12bac3a21059ce09.jpg

999ee757b15671606f3551a7056d68a5.jpg

Also I will be dropping off the refurbed trailing arms and new Hardrace bushes at HondaHQ in the morning, to get the bushes fitted. Then I can start putting the suspension back together, ready to refit to the car in the new year :)

So I have all the parts arrive now, Hardrace bushes have been installed so thought I would get everything and set up, make sure I have everything haha

4edeed911af09f3723bbb2c61f291014.jpg

Majority are Hard Race parts I am using as they seem to be decent and priced decent as well.

c6ab281cd5523aafda27c3128000dbd5.jpg

I was under the car on Boxing Day messing with finishing off my bit of rust treatment before I can under seal it all, then I start start fitting all these parts.

I had lost a few bolts for the camber arms, but have found them now, they had been put with some other stuff so I missed these ones. So I will have to clean them up and spray these as well now, ready to fit everything.

With all the bolts being sprayed Carl, are you going to run a thread tap over them just to clean up the threads before putting them back in? I suppose a wire brush would do just as good a job, but it’s worth doing everything right now, especially as you’ve done this much work.

With all the bolts being sprayed Carl, are you going to run a thread tap over them just to clean up the threads before putting them back in? I suppose a wire brush would do just as good a job, but it’s worth doing everything right now, especially as you’ve done this much work.

I’ve not sprayed the actual thread of the bolt, just the top and anything just below the thread. I’ll be using copper grease on the threads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back