• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Dc2 rebuild - New archs are in.

I never really get round to getting onto the forum im afraid even after attending the TYRO stand at JAE last year and again this year.
So i thought i would put my ongoing Dc2 rebuild on here.

Well i used to own a lovely red uk dc2 a good few years ago and it was very clean! It was possibly the best handling car ive had maybe even better than the s2000 i had. I regretted selling the red one but ive been so busy since with building other cars and stuff so i never really had chance to get another.
With my celica gt4 rebuild coming near to the end i started looking for a dc2 shell to build up. I had been looking for a good while but not really spotted anything and the ones i did find people wanted to strip ever part off to make more money so no good to me.
After missing out on a very clean black uk dc2 i came across a champ white one and as i type this it is on its way up to me via trailer on a 5 hour+ trip!
Ive seen heaps of pics of it and im not expecting it to be mint but it looks decent enough.
Its just had the engine, box ect removed, front seats, rear lower brace and a couple of other little bits.
My plan for it is to use the aerodeck vti i have been using as a daily to rob for parts to get the dc2 on the road pretty soon. I chose the b18c4 as i would really like to turbo it and from past ones ive had they dont make much less power than a c6 na.

So heres a couple of pics. If anyone recognises the car shout up.

Here's a couple more pics guys. I've gave it a quick scrub it was ready for it. And made a start going through the front suspension to replace anything which looks tired.

I've fitted a new bottom ball joint and have new track rod ends to go on. Also took the ds caliper apart cleaned it up and sorted out a seized slider and greased them up.

Just waiting on me lca bushes, drop links and some other bits and bobs to keep it right.

I will be giving it a good clean up underneath and some protection.

The engine bay is a right mess painted red with a brush.

The bonnet raisers will be going When I get chance.

Plenty left to do!

I came across this the other day??

20160621_211149_zpszqshkp35.jpg

never heard of a split pin?

I made a start cleaning up the drivers side wheel arch.

13518105_10157293594205105_1387438833_o_zpsbrxwdedb.jpg

20160625_153831_zpsiedtmdyt.jpg

a small piece of welding needed

20160626_173156_zpswmccvyqe.jpg

Front calipers stripped down

20160625_180748_zpstb7kxwyd.jpg

i soaked them in that bilt hamber stuff after getting the paint off to get the rust off and primed them.

20160626_212915_zpsniuttfoa.jpg

Just need some more paint to finish the calipers, some 1.5mm sheet steel for the small repairs, my parts to arrive from Honda, and my epoxy primer to arrive.

Last night i got pretty much everything stripped out the engine bay ready for it to be sanded down and prepped for paint.

not much done today as its lashed down all afternoon.

Calipers and carriers are now sprayed with new pistons and seals in them. I wouldn't usually go for red but i thought its a white car and it would match the red type r decals and badges it has and i already had some Ford Radiant Red in the garage.

20160628_210311_zpshjtyiljf.jpg

I got the old inserts out the lca's and two of the new bushes fitted in one arm and that one sprayed and ready to go back on the car.

insert left in the lca after removing the old bush. These are well stuck in there.
20160628_153536_zpsawxi2qhl.jpg

To get them out i ran a ring of weld around the insert on both sides of each bush. This helps release them from the arm. Then hopefully a few good taps with a punch and hammer knocks them out. Some took a bit more and one i used an old gt4 bush insert to knock out and it came out easy then.

20160628_163200_zpsyrcz11ev.jpg

heres the one finished arm with new Genuine Honda bushes and ready to go back on the car.

20160628_210503_zpsp3hdmr2q.jpg

Tomorrow morning im going to get the new bushes in the other arm and then get it painted up. I was hoping to get the bits of welding on the inner arches done and then get them epoxy primed then all sealed up with seam sealer and undersealed but it looks like more rain! :(

Today it lashed down all morning, but i borrowed a press at the garage down the road to get the bushes pressed into my other lca. I got it cleaned up, and ready to go back on the car.
I finished off the front calipers by putting the silders for the carriers back in and the new seals and greased them up. I also cleaned up the servo and got that sprayed no pics yet though.

Then eventually it stopped raining so i started cleaning up and prepping the passenger side front wheel arch and also got my girlfriend to make a start sanding down the engine bay!

20160629_165551_zpsirfzi96m.jpg

20160629_191132_zps5ifxan8h.jpg

The wheel arch is almost finished and ready for a little welding, the engine bay still has lots of red left to sand down! Hopefully i get a dry spell tomorrow to bash on with it.

The rain is seriously slowing progress on this!! So ive not got much further. The passenger side arch is all welded up now and cleaned up and ready for primer.
The drivers side welding is almost finished but then this happened

20160701_132001_zpsihfka7ed.jpg

I thought there was loads left on that roll but obviously not. I went to get another roll and it was .6mm where the other roll was .8mm so i changed the wire feed roller round and changed the tip, got the wire fed through then i heard some thunder and shortly after it started lashing down again! :angry2:

I was going to get some pics showing the welding but with the weather so bad i didnt get a chance. heres one of the plate held in place with tape ready to start tacking in. It doesnt look like much but i spent ages grinding, filing and shaping that piece to just the right shape and size and there are a few small curves in it to get it just right. Apart from these two areas on both sides the rest of under there is in good condition.

20160701_125606_zpsq4dafgtp.jpg

Got a couple of nice pics here I'm pretry chuffed with.

20160701_182431_zpsmku0iffs.jpg

20160701_182414_zpssanofpbn.jpg

And a before and after

IMG_20160701_192630_zpsfcwisazm.jpg

Also got a Oem dc2 momo wheel in nice condition in the post today. I had one in my last dc2 and really liked it so I wanted another.

Next job is undersealing and sanding the bay.

Well it was a shame to hide that nice white paint but i wanted a bit more protection and Hondas do love their rust!

A guy from work gave me a nearly full can of wax oil a while ago so i thought i would use some on the teg.

20160703_193537_zpszmana8bv.jpg

I filled the part of the chassis i repaired with the stuff so its protected from the inside too. The stuff went everywhere and even though i covered up as best i could it was still all over my face and neck. not as bad as ive been other times with it though.

IMG-20160703-WA0012_zpsvl7aux2t.jpeg

Thats both sides done. i can now get on with refitting the suspension with the new bits and pieces ive replaced and the rebuilt calipers. Then the car will be rolling again and i can concentrate on sanding the engine bay down getting it ready to be sprayed. Then its time to rob the aerodeck of its parts.

I had a decent go at it tonight and got the front suspension fitted on both sides, new track rod ends, new drop links, all new split pins ect. I got the caliper fitted on the ps too. I cleaned The discs up by getting any Crap out of all the dimples and grooves, they haven't done many miles at all and came up great, same as the pads no wear on them.

20160705_204614_zpso2osbddr.jpg

Next job is to carry on sanding the engine bay now I guess.

I got most of the red paint off out the engine bay. Its taken ages and was very thick in places. Just a bit more to go.

20160710_200350_zpstfnsw6ar.jpg

I'm hoping to get it primed one night next week.

Heres the teg in the garage.

20160712_223222_zps6ohgncyt.jpg

I got it all seam sealed last night and it all just pealed off and left a right mess. I was pretty ****ed off so I just walked away and left it. Tonight I will be using a different product. I'm off tomorrow so hopefully I get some progress made. I've ordered some bits and bobs from tegiwa too.

We have paint!

20160714_222207_zpsvpbn5xwo.jpg

20160714_222222_zpsbjtvxnix.jpg

Just a first coat of epoxy primer. I've noticed I've missed the passenger side engine mount lol.

I've taken tomorrow off so I can get another coat on in the morning and see how I get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave it a light sand this morning and then a good clean to be sure. I soaked the garage floor to keep any dust down too.
Its first coat of colour.
20160716_135049_zpsk0obg4nh.jpg

20160716_135104_zpsblu9h3gs.jpg

I didnt spot any runs whilst spraying fingers crossed. I will get a better look later today when its dry and i will probably give it another coat today and hopefully that will be it!
My compressor is really earning its keep now ive been using it loads.

Heres a couple of quick pics. Its came out pretty good but there are some bits of dust and stuff in it which was always going to happen in my dusty garage. I think I'm going to accept how it is as finished instead of sanding bits again to get dust out spraying another coat then more dust just getting in it again.

20160717_002639_zpsllurrrnn.jpg

20160717_002734_zpseps54vs9.jpg

It does look shiney and it will be nice to get it outside for a better look.

Also I was careful not to put too much paint over the chassis number so it is still readable so I'm happy with that.

This is the first engine bay I have sprayed myself with a spray gun. I prepped the gt4 but my mate sprayed that. So I think I've not done too bad.

A couple of things I would do differently next time.
Change the coiled Air line for normal hose as I caught the paint once with it.
Mix a bit more paint up as I didn't quite mix enough on the last coat and I had to quickly mix more.
Spray it at the other end of the garage as I think it would be less dusty.
Just be a bit more organised with the mixing and have things set out.
Get a proper mask.
Watch any sweat doesn't drip off my head onto the car while spraying!

It will be nice to get some parts back in this shortly!

ive not updated it for a bit but ive been busy!

a few more pics of the updates.

a few bits back in the bay after spraying

IMG-20160717-WA0002_zps5mdc20f1.jpeg

The teg eyeing up its new heart.

20160722_203002_zpsxqoxvy2q.jpg

engine out

20160723_144855_zpsypykrgkj.jpg

box off for dc2 flywheel which seemed a good bit lighter and less mass on it than the b18c4 one.
Unfortunetly it came with a pressure plate bolt snapped off in it which took a bit of sorting out.

20160723_160915_zpsbs22ipnj.jpg

20160718_195451_zpsdqnrcff6.jpg

New genuine honda clutch, release bearing and pilot bearing for the flywheel.

20160723_180858_zpswmhx9nvp.jpg

new cambelt, tensioner, and water pump. I wrote on the pump in permanent marker the mileage and date.

IMG-20160726-WA0004_zpsssthkxiu.jpeg

The cluch fork was all greased up on the pivot points as was the slave cylinder to keep any squeaks and stuff away and from wearing out.

20160723_183354_zpsnv9eki5c.jpg

I got the engine and box painted and the gf brought me a chicken wrap out :D

IMG-20160725-WA0014_zpsyqkg1e8l.jpeg

The engine went in no bother, i jacked the front end of the car up and slid it under then lowered it down then lifted the engine up with the crane and then used a jacka little to help get the passenger side gearbox mount in first. Claire helped to keep an eye on things when lowering and lifting too.

20160727_212410_zpsrm75hrvb.jpg

20160727_212425_zps1zzudkpb.jpg

I did a few other jobs too before the engine went in, i made a new drivers front brake line from cupro nickel (not the usual copper stuff) i also fitted the power steering lines and stuff from the aerodeck as some hero had removed it in the past and looped the rack over, ive no interest in that sort of stuff.

Also fitted a Hel braided clutch line as my standard stuff was all covered in red paint and it was just easier to fit that than clean it all up.

I lost interest in it a little and progress slowed down then holidays and festivals got in the way ect.

Heres a few more pics showing some progress

Engine in. The gf gave me a hand with this.

back end in the garage

The rear calipers were rebuilt with new parts, i had to get an exchange caliper for one of them as the needle roller bearing was trashed for the handbrake mechanism so i gave up with that ones as the bearings are not available.

brakes bled up with 5.1 with the help of the the gf.

fronts were rebuilt with new pistons ect, stainless lines front and back fitted also

I got the car running after an issue which took me a good while to figure out. at first it ran fine then it just wouldnt fire or not for long anyway. i ended up borrowing a dizzy from a mate and it then ran. it turned out to just be my dizzy cap and rotor arm! so new honda ones went on and it was sorted!

I had this k&n brand new in the box for a gt4 i ended up stripping to rebuild my other gt4.

Water was getting into the boot so new rear light gaskets went in.

i had a bit of a tidy up in the garage and got this recaro ive had for years out and bolted on a dc2 rail and in the car.

Back in the garage for rear end clean up!

crusty mc rust

rear arb removed

chassis clean up

after removing what i could with flap discs, wire wheels in the angle grinder then grinding stones and wire attachement in the die grinders i wiped it down with thinners and applied bilt hamber gel and left it for about an hour. You can see the rusty bits where its gone a greeny yellow. I then went back over those with the grinders ect to clean them up further. Some bits got a second treatment also.

Then wipe down with thinners again and apply bilt hamber hydrate 80 rust converter just as a preventative measure incase i didnt quite get rid of it all. They are great products the bilt hamber stuff.

While i was cleaning up the reinforcement bit on the boot floor for the towing eye the wire wheel went through part of it. i cut the thin piece out and welded a new piece in.

I did it in sections so large areas were not left exposed as bare metal. you can see the black parts were the hydrate 80 has cured and the blue where i have just applied.

I sprayed wax oil thinned down with thinners into the chassis legs and any cavities like where the rear suspension mounts too until it poured out of the holes in the chassis legs so everything was covered. I used a piece of hose with a brass end in it with little hoes so it sprays in all directions and you can feed it into the cavitiees. i also did behind the rear bumper and anywhere i could get it in.

Next was the schultz.

On the boot floor i used a bit over a full can alone and its all well covered.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/westcoastbean/integra/2017

i picked up a non ac alloy torque mount. compared the ac cast iron ones its so much lighter!

[url=http://s20.photobucket.com/user/westcoastbean/media/integra/20170210_142607_zpshqworhhq.jpg.html][img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/westcoastbean/integra/20170210_142607_zpshqworhhq.jpg

I made a start cleaning up the sills. The ends of them are pretty rusty but no big holes yet. The rest of the sill wasnt too bad. i cleaned it up with a rust and paint remover wheel in the grinder something which wasnt as aggresssive as the wire wheels or flap discs.

i then wiped it down with thinners and gave it a coat of hydrate 80.

There were loads of other bits i had to do too which ive not mentioned like seized bolts. I ordered a heap of parts from amayama as Honda uk prices are shocking. Ive still to fit some. Ive since ordered a heap more as i cant bring my self to pay Honda uk prices.

The next delivery has just landed at customs yesterday so hopefully its not too far away. they will no doubt want their fees off me and parcel force will want their "clearance" fee which they sting you for.

Both sills are cleaned up, wiped down with thinners, treated with hydrate 80 and covered with underseal now.

Ive gave them two coats so it should keep them protected for now.

If it was me I wouldn't buy a rusty teg. Its just so much work to do yourself and cutting out the arches and remaking them is a very skilled job. Its not something I would consider attempting.

I got this box of goodies from Japan this week

progress slowed on the dc2 while i was on holidays, working on my brothers ep2, clutch, ball joints ect. then the same on my girlfriends EP3 plus poly bushes. I needed to get my finger out as JAE was rapidly approaching and my mate had got us tickets for the type r owners stand and tehy were all in FN2's. So i cracked on with it getting the car back on the road.

I got an old radio which i always really liked. I did used to own one but i cant remember what happened to it now. Cant beat the old alpine units with 4x60 Watts

I got the ECU loom all tidied up and repaired.

Me and the gf gave the interior a good clean, got the passenger recaro fitted and JDM mats.

I got the rear strut brace fitted without cutting the plastics, and a rear panel alloy JDM bar.

rear arb with new drop link bushes, under brace refitted with a few new bolts where needed.

and the exhaust fitted too. I had to make up a new hanger for the back box as it was missing one, also replaced all the gaskets and clamp bolts. Dont think i got pics of alot of this as i was in a rush, plus working outside when it wasnt lashing down.

I also scraped the old seam sealer out of the roof gutter strips as it was cracked. I resealed it as i thought it might be the cause of the cars leaks. After removing the gutter strip this was waiting underneath.

It was around this point i thought the car was getting close so i took it out for a little road test.

https://youtu.be/mX3g6-s5oLs

A few things came from this:
-a heat shield was rubbing on a front disc
-i hadnt fitted all the bolts for the passenger side alloy engine mount.
-air bag light was on

But most importantly there was no vtec! :cuss:

All these were easy sorted and the air bag fault code was just needing reset from when i changed the wheel.

The lack of vtec was down to a bad chip so i burned another chip with my old bean spec map from my b18c4 eg and all was well. The car felt like it was going ok but i checked the ignition timing and it was about 2 degress retarded so i set it bang on 16 degrees and it felt more lively after that.

Hardly had any fuel in and what was left in it must have been over a year old as i couldnt remember ever putting any in it since i bought it.

I had a strange issue with the rear brake light dim on one side and flashing with the indicator, cleaning up the earths under the bonnet sorted that out luckily.

JAE was fast approaching at this point so a few late nights working on it and i fired it in for an mot. It passed.

The paint work was really bad on the car, it looked like an egg and had alot of contamination in it from all the grinding i had done underneath it and crap that had fell on it. The car was soaked in fallout remover about 5 times. this was the last time we did it and still loads of iron in the paint.

After this the arse was clayed out of it. Me and Lewis went over it with clay mitts and over the next few days i kept washing it and going over the bad areas remaining with clay bar. I even removed the rear lights and wipers as bits were sat in the paint everywhere. Now the paint looked white again and it was even starting to have a little shine on it.

Lewis and Nash came round and set to work with the machine polisher and some poorboys products.

I was still doing bits and bobs on the car but we didnt get chance to finished the polishing. Luckily another mate phil and his friend Jamie came round the wednesday night before JAE with two machines and some products and they finished the rest of the car off. The whole car looked like it was orange peely all over but it was just crap sat ontop of the paint and it came up so much better. But we were running out of light.

After a few pointers i did the boot.

Then the car was waxed glass cleaned, all seales wiped with vaseline.

and a few beads in the morning

These arrived before JAE but i just didnt get time to fit them.

Edelbrock Victor X inlet manifold, 70mm throttle body, thermaltec gaskets and AEM fuel rail. I will likely sell the fuel rail.

The morning of JAE was here and we were meeting at Starbucks (i was late)

on the stand at JAE

Few overdue updates!

I got the Edelbrock stripped it had layers and layers of paint on it.

and sprayed wrinkle black.

I fitted this with the thermal inlet and throttle body gasket. I also changd all the seals and little filter in the injectors at the same time.

Battery tray cleaned up and sprayed champ white.

Then time to kick the GT4 out the garage for a while to work on the dc2.

Both rear toe adjusters were seized in bad. I couldnt get them out so i took the car to the garage down the road and they had the gas torch on it but nothing freeded them up they even snapped 2 snapon sockets trying!

I had already cleaned up the ends of the chassis legs and the boot floor but the rest of the rear end was ready for a good clean up and i knew it would need some welding.

First i had to get the toe arm off and try to get at this seized bolt/bush. In the end i had to cut through the bolt both sides of the bush then cut the toe arm in half and i managed to get it out.

rear trailing arm removed

After a bit of a wizz over with a wire wheel a few holes popped up.

But i stil needed to remove the end of the seized bolt from the tow adjust slider so i removed it completely from the car by drilling out the spot welds. It got a bit beat up while i was trying to remove the seized arm and it was heavily pitted from rust. I put it in a bilt hamber rust eating solution so see how it would get on.

Instantly it was fitting away.

When it came out there was lots of pin holes in it so i didnt want to refit it to the car. I also thought it was looking like a bit much work for me to do on my back. So i rang a guy and he was going to come round for a look before taking it to his garage to weld up for me. Then a mate told me to steer clear of him so i thought it should just man up and keep going.

I needed to make sure i got this part remade exactly right as i didnt want it to affect the alignment of the car. So i thought i would cut a section out of the original a piece at a time and tack them in and see how i got on. It took alot of time but i neded up remaking almost all of it including the toe adjustment slider.

another side tacked on

here you can see the old toe adjust slider and the new one ive made ready to tack onto the back of the new piece i made.

and almost finished. You can see the toe adjust slider part inside the part now.

It was alot of work but ive offered it up to the car and it should fit good. Theres further cutting fabricating and welding to do first though. Then when this side is done ive the other side to tackle but i dont think that should take as much work... Hopefully.

I just got an air saw the other day £20 off ebay and its great. no sparks flying everywhere like the grinder so that should help.

Ive got a bit more done. i had a small hole near where the rta bush bolts so i cut it out and welded a small piece in.

I also cut a bit out which incorporated a brace point which i think is used on the production line during manufactuing. its a good solid point which is handy for jacking on. Ive got a plate welded in and ive got the brace part cleaned up and had it sitting in rust eating solution over night. So i can weld that back in and then put some new steel around it and get it nice and strong again.

The part ive cut out to the right is inside the car.

So this was the rusty bit i cut out in the rear corner of the passenger floor pan and other bits nearby.

Starting to weld it up.

Thats all welded in now and everything is ground back but ive not taken any more pics. It didnt go too bad tbh but took me along time and tbh ive had enough now so not been doing much in the garage.

Heres the other dc2 i got.

Started making up the next repair piece. im going to make this in a couple of pieces to try and get teh shape similar to factory, this is the part which has a strengthening piece inside which they use to move the cars on the production line so it needs tp be nice and strong.

Been working on this quite a bit the past week or so after work.

i got this bit welded in, took a bit of making this trying to get it close to how they come from the factory.

Then a bit of grinding, shaping and a bit more welding.

This piece also has a reinforced piece inside in above the hole so this was welded in good and strong onto the new piece behind it, it was also welded onto the pieces around it.
Then i painted these with electrox

Then i got the toe adjuster just tacked in place for now.

Also got a delivery of these.

With various offers on ebay and opie oils ive also ordered:
a walbro 255lph fuel pump
bosch ev14 550cc injectors
the adpater plate i need to fit the evo td05h 10.5 turbo
u pol gravitex white stone chip
white tiger seal for sealing any seams

So theres not many more bits i need to turbo the car, just the oil feed and return lines, t piece for the oil pressure switch, studs and nuts for the turbo manifold, and probably other odd little bits.
Ive started making new pieces for the sills but not got a pic yet. A mate dropped off his folder last night so that should help me.

Amazing build thread dude, that DC2 is an absolute peach, all credit to you :cool:

Incredible work there. Fascinating journey!

Got to say though, the appalling state of that second DC2 made me want to cry! Who would allow such a thing to happen?!?

Cheers Guys, lot more work to do yet though.

The other dc2 was crashed a couple of times then sat for a year or so under some trees on a farm. It looks wrecked but its got a great engine in it.

This is my kind of build thread, kudos to you mate for saving such a great car. I do miss my Milano dc2...

Cheers Guys! just hard to keep at it. I would rather be fitting the turbo bits!

Heres the folder my mate lent to me. it came in handy yesterday.

this piece goes in the sill as a reinforcement piece.

This is the piece i made with the folder.

This is a piece which is sort of like the top inner of the sill, it ties into the sill edge.

That was yesterdays work.

Just had a quick 15 min scan over this... fantastic mate, it gives me motivation to keep cracking on with mine and shows no matter how bad cars seem they're always fixable and can become great if you're willing to put the work in like you have here. The level of detail and your workmanship is fantastic. I will though a proper read later on.

Are you planning on fixing up the other DC2 also? So you'll have two white ones? or is the other crashed one a 'donor' car? I didn't quite catch that part.

Cheers enzo. Its a bit daunting at first but once you get a few bits made and start building the skins back up to put the strength back into it and you can see the rot dissapearing and new steel in its place it starts coming to.

As for the other car it won't see the road again. Its future is undecided yet. I will use bits of it for mine. I may strip it or ive even though about maybe doing some local auto tests in it if i can sort some transport out and get a straight hub for it. So not sure yet. I start it up and give it run regulary.

My grinder died the other day, metabo one it was and a good one too wont be buying another one of those.
quick trip to screwfix and got this.

Also ran out of gas so had to go swap the bottle for a full one.
had a delivery of u pol gravitex stone chip, and tiger seal

great stuff this used it on my gt4 rebuild and that came out great and still looks mint a few years later.

Also got a new set of shafts, just incase.

and a walbro 255lph pump

Back to the garage now!

Been smashing this in the garage all weekend and today, feel like crap but got to bash on!

I made a new jacking point

Starting to tack the new sill in place

Holes drilled ready for plug welding onto the top piece of the sill.

Boom, all plug welded.

Clamping the back of the sill in place, this is all pretty thick stuff as the jacking point ties into this piece.

and welded in

There was loads of welding in the sill pieces and the pieces which make them up. Some were welded from underneath, some inside the car and some both. the sill is mega strong now, more so than factory i bet!

The sill is almost finished now, i just need to measure and make two of the square holes for the clips which mount the side skirts. i did one last night and it lined up spot on so hopefully the other two will go well.

Also cut the rusty piece out of the wheel arch tub and welded this piece in then zinc primed everything.

Came in now for a rest and some tea! might go back out and do some more depends how many pims i have!

Amazing thread, surprised I missed this on the 17th. Damn good work all round, super envious of your abilities, garage, tools, and dedication.

thanks guys but its beat me. went to fit the shocks with the eibachs on and the lower shock bolt is snapped in the arm i must have done it ages ago and forgot about it. had the tig welder on it glowing red and tred to get some grips on it then tried drilling it and a big drill bit snapped in it then i tried to knock the drill bit out with a snap on screw driver and that got stuck and is smashed now lol. tried to remove the arm and that bolts seized too. had enough of it now. Will be at JAE in my GT4 instead ffs.

had the tig welder on it glowing red and tred to get some grips on it then tried drilling it and a big drill bit snapped in it then i tried to knock the drill bit out with a snap on screw driver and that got stuck and is smashed now lol

I have to do a write-up about this at some stage soon, but that reminds me of my angsty exploits a few weeks back that destroyed a 3/8ths extension bar. a 5mm HSS drill bit, two bolt extractors and in the end led to me hacksawing the part off and finding another solution :)

Back