• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 / DC5 Exhaust Manifold 4-2 Upgrade Options?

Hi all,

I have an EP3 with the DC5 cat and exhaust manifold to be fitted before mapping. I want to keep the lower, cat section so that it is MOT and insurance friendly but upgrade the upper exhaust manifold sections.

Are there any other upgrade options for just the upper part of the exhaust manifold other than Spoon? Spoon are really expensive :)

Thanks.

Removing the casting marks to open up the ports is worthwhile in the standard exhaust manifold. I can't really see an aftermarket manifold into the standard cat making much difference. If it was mine I'd die grind those out to match the ports better and smooth it off and use that.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

The Spoon 4-2 fits with the DC5 manifold. You do need to use engine mount inserts or stiffer engine mounts to use the Spoon one though as you can crack the welds using standard mounts from what i have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently have the DC5 manifold and cat on mine, I havent mapped it yet just used an O2 spacer to stop the EML coming on, I heat wrapped mine as well just to be fancy lol.
I did grind off the castings on the ports and made that as smooth as I possibly could.
Feels better and does responde well to mapping so Ive heard but a 421 will make better gains.

J's Racing is an alternative to the Spoon 4-2. It's a work of art but good luck finding one used, I'm not sure if they're in production but new could be the only option.

I have 4 into 1 Toda. There are other brand options as well and yes you will make more power than the std stuff and it will be everywhere but mostly when you stick your foot into it it will be where you want it - working with your V-tec.

Thanks for the input. For the price of the Spoon manifold, I'll just save a bit more and go for a Solid Fabrications Big Bore with high flow cat.

Cheers guys.

Back