• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car Preperation for this years winter advice needed

Hi all,

As we are about to descend into the dreaded winter, can anyone recommend me a decent non scratch Hand Held Glass Cleaning Squeegee Wiper please? I have used some in the past when scraping off ice and I have scratched the front screen glass.

Also what safe device/method do you use to clear snow from your car without the paintwork being scratched.

Cheers!

Dem,

Thanks for your reply, thats actually a great idea! think im going to invest in that, should be a lot quicker taking it off than scraping the ice off! cheers!

I never use them at all, as had too many mishaps over the years.Just give yourself extra time to get in the car, switch the engine on and put the screen blower on.While the coolant and oil circulates for a few minutes it will only take the same time for the ice on the windscreen to melt and you'll be on your way.As for taking snow off the car put some washing up rubber gloves on(might not look too good for your image) and gently remove the top layer first and then below be careful as there may be ice underneath but it doesn't usually scratch the paint below.
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back