• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Misfire FK8 Type R recovered

Today my Civic Type R FK8 2017, only done 9.5k miles dash lit up like a Christmas tree flashing starter motor icon along with others. Called Honda Assist told to switch of engine immediately, they sent the AA out and fault codes detected Cyclinder 4 misfire.

Recovered to main dealer, not happy.

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Ah man, sorry to hear that. My car will be at that mileage very soon.

Hope it all gets sorted and you don't have a Vauxhall Mokka as a courtesy car like some others...

Not as strong as the old K20 then...!

If completely standard that is a worry, how ever the engine is the same as FK2 and I haven't read about any issues. It could be something very simple though, let us know.

In that case they can't blame it on mods and invalidate your warranty so I'm sure they will get you sorted.

If completely standard that is a worry, how ever the engine is the same as FK2 and I haven't read about any issues. It could be something very simple though, let us know.

It happened once the same with my former FK2. At that time I was travelling. I swichted off the engine and stoped for 30 minutes. After that the engine recovered and did´nt happen again

Apparently they have ordered a new injector, to see if that rectifies the fault. They seem to be guessing. Ithen told them they can keep it.

Second most expensive car they do and needs major engine work at 10months old

If it is a new injector I wouldn't class that as major engine work.

Sh1t happens with all cars and at all price points - at least work with the dealer and give them a chance to fix it.

Apparently they have ordered a new injector, to see if that rectifies the fault. They seem to be guessing. Ithen told them they can keep it.

Second most expensive car they do and needs major engine work at 10months old ��

New injector is not major engine work and simple to do, don't ever think the more you spend the more reliable it is! McLaren are pretty dire and can take weeks, Porsche have had numerous engine problems, Lotus.......If it is just an injector then I wouldn't worry, may be a faulty batch, be useful to know if they will investigate why it failed.

Y'all know these are direct injection right? and not just a case of unclipping the injector from the fuel rail?

Direct injection makes it a more complex task, but hardly a big deal for a fully equipped main dealer workshop assuming access is easy enough.

Not sure what all the tears are about. Would you rather it break down outside the manufacturer's warranty period?

It's just not very "Honda" is it? We're not used to them breaking.

just because it was serviced 2 weeks ago ,does not mean anything ,things go wrong its how they get handled that's important ,things brake ,keep us updated

9k Miles on a standard car and it broke already? interesting.

That said, this can happen on a brand new car just rolling out the factory. After all it's a product that consists of thousands of little parts, most of which are OEM'd anyway.

I wouldn't quite throw in the towel for this though.

Back