• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Driver's side mat catching on clutch pedal

I have the standard OEM mats in my car and the top edge of the driver's side mat is all shredded up from years (I assume - it was already like this when I bought the car) of catching on the clutch pedal. If I position the mat as far back or as far forward as it will go then it's fine for a while but it will have shifted back into its preferred position within a day or two, catching on the clutch again.

It isn't causing me any issue with driving but I'm looking at replacing the mats soon with a new set so obviously I don't want this to happen to the new ones! The mat isn't curled too much at the damaged end so I'm just wondering if this is a common thing that others have experienced?

The front mats have the black eye hole things for securing them to the floor but there are no twist pegs on the floor and no sign of there having ever been any. Again, is this standard? It seems odd that OEM mats have the holes but the floor has no pegs to secure them.

Cheers

Thanks mate, that's very helpful.

I can't understand why the pegs aren't there as standard unless the mats didn't come in the FN2 as standard and were optional purchases? Guess the last owner didn't fit the pegs for whatever reason (if he had them at all).

Back