• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

Thanks for that, very useful info. It will be interesting to see if Honda issue a recall or just respond to complaints.

I'll be contacting my dealer and they can also fix the vibration/rattle from the centre speaker (I think that's where it's from) every time I approach 3k RPM.

also happened to my new car the other day when it was "chucking down" with heavy rain. never had it before when it's been just mizzling or more normal rain.

what was most surprisingly was it came on as soon as the car started up. I didn't even need to be moving. so it looks like the sensor at the front is too sensitive if heavy rain can get confused as a small child / another vehicle. car was clean too so can't even say it was the build up of squashed flies setting it off.

Hasn't happened to me yet. Was absolutely lashing down earlier today but nothing came on when driving home.

I was hoping that this wouldn't happen to me, it has except this time it had stopped raining.

I'm going to see the dealership next week Saturday about a new Jazz for my mum.

I'm going to mention it to them along with the rattle in the door pillar and in the dash area.

I've had this happen twice now and called my dealer, but they seemed to think that the grill had been changed for the Type R and that it was just a normal Civic thing (Trident Honda Chertsey).

@scottytyper, who's your dealership? I'm going to call mine back to explain your message you received from them. As it stands I'm booked in to have it looked at, but if the parts aren't manufactured yet, there isn't much point.

maybe it's the number plate and its massive black surround, and this is just the excuse we can use with the BiB why we've taken it off ;-)

Another update guys....

my local dealership just rang (Swansea - Archer13), Honda have contacted them after i went direct to them and think they've found a fix, my cars going in next Thursday for them to fit the part and see if that works.....** let you all know how it goes.

It does look like ive only got traction here from going direct to Honda though, may be worth more people doing that

Still puzzles me how they got it wrong when it's basically been carried over from the 9th gen Honda's

Another update guys....

my local dealership just rang (Swansea - Archer13), Honda have contacted them after i went direct to them and think they've found a fix, my cars going in next Thursday for them to fit the part and see if that works.....** let you all know how it goes.

It does look like ive only got traction here from going direct to Honda though, may be worth more people doing that

Any news???

The collision braking system went haywire on me yesterday. Nothing in front of me, nice clear weather, doing about 30 mph and the car decides to slam on the brakes. Luckily no one was behind me or it could've ended badly.

I wonder what the insurance company would say if someone did hit me from behind?

I took my car in they tried something with the sensor placement but it doesn't work, it's going back in Monday again because they now want to change the grille. I honestly don't know how they can't fix it! It's dangerous

That's why I turned that particular feature off. I still get the amber flashing warnings on the dash of impending doom, but not braking action. Its a toss up, as it could save your life if working properly of course, but it was doing it when I had loads of room and pi55ing me off. Mine wasn't faulty though to be clear, but can imagine false alarms would also be common as above

The impending hitting a car thing drives me nuts, switch it off most of the time, just wish it would remember to stay off.

this is interesting as the braking action is defo off as I had a number of amber alerts this weekend, but no deploying of anchors. I defo don't change settings each time I get in...

Just an update on the progress with my car, they've changed the front grille today, so I've got a brand new section where the red H is located. I'm not sure what's different about this one to the other one but ** wait for the next rainy day and see if the sensors go off!

I could do with one of those mine is fine scratched to f00k.... one way of getting the swirls out!! :lol:

Hahah I had a chip in mine off a poxy boulder judging by the size of it! At least I've got something out of it even if the sensors are still knackered!

I am a bit puzzled though, are there sensors in there, or is it a slightly different design to make the ran dissipate differently?

Back