• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

I am a bit puzzled though, are there sensors in there, or is it a slightly different design to make the ran dissipate differently?

Yea there's sensors in there, think there's the two central ones under neath the actual mesh part with type r logo, they said it slightly differs so I can only presume it's angled differently so they rain won't sit on it, only time/ rain will tell!

Yea there's sensors in there, think there's the two central ones under neath the actual mesh part with type r logo, they said it slightly differs so I can only presume it's angled differently so they rain won't sit on it, only time/ rain will tell!

is the look / dimensions the same? could you post a picture? only reason I ask was FlyingGato was saying in his 2019 CTR youtube reveal scoop (basically him commenting on the spy shots we've all seen) he was suggesting the front grill trim parts around the red H was thinner to improve the overall airflow as he mentioned he has had some on-track overheating issues.

I was thinking at the time whether the real reason for the grill redesign (if indeed it is different dimensions) is to address the sensors problem and same time improve a little airflow if indeed this overheating is a real issue.

I guess in the UK we don't get that much chance for track days in 30+ temperatures that often ;-)

is the look / dimensions the same? could you post a picture? only reason I ask was FlyingGato was saying in his 2019 CTR youtube reveal scoop (basically him commenting on the spy shots we've all seen) he was suggesting the front grill trim parts around the red H was thinner to improve the overall airflow as he mentioned he has had some on-track overheating issues.

I was thinking at the time whether the real reason for the grill redesign (if indeed it is different dimensions) is to address the sensors problem and same time improve a little airflow if indeed this overheating is a real issue.

I guess in the UK we don't get that much chance for track days in 30+ temperatures that often ;-)

Hi mate,

Yea ** take some photos and have a proper look tommorow, I haven't really paid that much attention to it, but having said that the sensors haven't gone off today and we've had light rain (when they'd usually go off) so something is different!

So my car went in Monday and they had a look at the sensor and collision braking system and couldn't find anything. I mentioned to the service manager that there is a "fix" that Honda is working on. He didn't know anything about it. He asked where I am getting my information from, I directed him to this thread. He was genuinely shocked that people are having this issue.

Anyway, he contacted Honda UK and was told that the "fix" is nearly complete. It's in the testing stage and should be released next month.

I think scottytyper, you are one of the test mules.

I’ve been sat trying to work out how to upload photos off an iPhone for ten mins, I give up!

I’ve checked the photos of my previous grille and this one and both look identical. It may well be thinner *** I’m just going off photos. Something’s definitely changed though. It’s rained again today and it’s not gone off! I must be the guinea pig, they’ve asked me to let them know if it happens again or in two weeks if it doesn’t. Fingers crossed it’s a fix!

was out in mine at lunchtime....and yep in the rain, suddenly mine is going all potty saying there are objects in front when obviously not. It seems to give up complaining when you go faster than 15mph, but when you're stuck at the lights it's 'kin annoying with its constant beep.

just emailed the Service manager - his heart will skip a beat no doubt as I've not needed to speak to him since I picked up the new car.....but for now it's hopefully something Honda are already trying to get on-top of.

Today it’s suddenly started happening again so it’s not a fix! Spoken to my local dealer and their going back to Honda to see what they suggest next! As you say it stops when you pick up speed but at lights it’s annoying! Will keep you updated with what they try next! It wasn’t even raining today it must have been condensation!

Today it’s suddenly started happening again so it’s not a fix! Spoken to my local dealer and their going back to Honda to see what they suggest next! As you say it stops when you pick up speed but at lights it’s annoying! Will keep you updated with what they try next! It wasn’t even raining today it must have been condensation!

ok, so my dealer (Cambridge Honda - John Banks) came back with a quick response, and as they say sharing is caring......

"To put your mind at ease, it’s not the radar that is faulty so you won’t anchoring up for no reason! The radar is in the lower left corner of the front bumper, it’s the parking sensors that are causing this issue. The front parking sensor issue affects all Civic models from launch to current when it rains or is washed and is currently under review with a modified part being developed.

We were replacing the grill with a modified one as mentioned. This was due to sensors being at the uppermost of a set tolerance, but this didn’t cure it. We replaced sensors, again this doesn’t cure it. We had a visit from Honda Japan to see a Civic we had here that had all the “modifications” done but was still faulting, they took the parts back to Japan with them, Japan are obviously developing this new part. The part is due very soon so hopefully we will see them before your 1st service is due. We're not sure it will be a part of a recall as it’s not safety related, but it will be fixed on a customer complaint/service time product update type of fix."

So no fix today, but as soon as one is available, I'll be asking to get mine done. The only bother is putting up with the beeeeeeeep in the meantime. that said, I can't fault Honda Cambridge for their openness to explain what's really going on and they are working on a resolution for the greater good. :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so my dealer (Cambridge Honda - John Banks) came back with a quick response, and as they say sharing is caring......

"To put your mind at ease, it’s not the radar that is faulty so you won’t anchoring up for no reason! The radar is in the lower left corner of the front bumper, it’s the parking sensors that are causing this issue. The front parking sensor issue affects all Civic models from launch to current when it rains or is washed and is currently under review with a modified part being developed.

We were replacing the grill with a modified one as mentioned. This was due to sensors being at the uppermost of a set tolerance, but this didn’t cure it. We replaced sensors, again this doesn’t cure it. We had a visit from Honda Japan to see a Civic we had here that had all the “modifications” done but was still faulting, they took the parts back to Japan with them, Japan are obviously developing this new part. The part is due very soon so hopefully we will see them before your 1st service is due. We're not sure it will be a part of a recall as it’s not safety related, but it will be fixed on a customer complaint/service time product update type of fix."

So no fix today, but as soon as one is available, I'll be asking to get mine done. The only bother is putting up with the beeeeeeeep in the meantime. that said, I can't fault Honda Cambridge for their openness to explain what's really going on and they are working on a resolution for the greater good. :smt023

To confuse this. The Honda dealer in Swansea insisted this issue wasn't the same as the other civics

They said they sent the diagnostics off from my sensors to Honda and they noticed it wasn't the same sensor issues other honda civics were having. Hence why they wanted to try other things. It seems like the dealers are contradicting themselves!

Just happened to me earlier. I was sitting at 30 on a clear road (not raining either)with the ACC on and the car suddenly came up with a warning and slammed the anchors on. Taxi behind me nearly rammed the back.

How do you disable this as I found a button on the right lower dash but it doesn't seem to do anything when pressed.

Strange as mine stays off no need to keep doing it each time on start up.

Must be bust :lol:

Start the car and leave the handbrake on. Enter the vehicle settings and you can change all the car settings, including the collision detection.

My car has never randomly applied the brakes, but I do get the warning vehicle approaching flash up regularly. It normally is though...

Just an update, ive had this off Honda:

I pleased to advise that the countermeasure for the replacement grille is now in its final stages and they should be available to all the dealerships very soon, I’m afraid that we don’t have an exact date as to when these will be available.

They've also given me £200 credit to spend at a dealership so I suggest if you've complained to Honda keep hassling them and they may give you the same :)

Every time I went in no one was free on a computer so I could sit down and choose a gift,
I was going to choose the go kart and top up the remainder myself and auction it off for the heart foundation but nothing came of it.
I was also promised oil but again never happened, I did get mats but had to cough up 90 odd quid.

£200 credit is decent though, upper roof spoiler :)

Back