• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Mysterious falling bolt

Good afternoon,

Sooo yesterday driving to work this was found rolling around in my footwell

IMG_3659.jpgIMG_3660.jpg

So I'm kinda assuming it came from somewhere in the car. I had a look around the pedals etc and right underneath, but I couldn't see any obvious missing bolt holes, but to be honest it is hard to look under there without taking seats out and stuff and I don't wanna start doing that myself. Any ideas, or should I just go to the dealer?

Looks like a trim fastener to me. Undertray or skirts or something probably.

This is good. Better than some kind of fastener for steering or break linkage. I did check those as best I could. I don't really know what I'm looking at though. More than most girls but still.

which side, passengers footwell? i'd say possibly glove box hinge bolts.

driver side, i cant think of where a pair of them would come from.

which side, passengers footwell? i'd say possibly glove box hinge bolts.

driver side, i cant think of where a pair of them would come from.

Drivers side, there is just one (putting two photos up is misleading i'll admit) and if you look underneath at all the steering and brake stuff under the steering column there are quite a few bolts. Couldn't see an obvious spot where one was missing though.

ahh, try the fuse box. iirc there's a very similar looking bolt (i used it for a ground point on some additional wiring).
lower panel has to come off to see it properly.

ahh, try the fuse box. iirc there's a very similar looking bolt (i used it for a ground point on some additional wiring).
lower panel has to come off to see it properly.

Is that under the steering column/in the top of the footwell bit on the drivers side then? I have a man so I might get him to look at it :lol:

ohh, fancy... you have a guy :p
yep, theres 2 fuseboxes. a higher amp one in the engine bay, and another on the interior. kinda sits behind where the parking sensor/tcs/alarm internal sensor switches are.

a quick search online for 'civic 9g option connector' does sugest i could be wrong - fusebox is held in with a nut and not bolt..

ohh, fancy... you have a guy :p
yep, theres 2 fuseboxes. a higher amp one in the engine bay, and another on the interior. kinda sits behind where the parking sensor/tcs/alarm internal sensor switches are.

a quick search online for 'civic 9g option connector' does sugest i could be wrong - fusebox is held in with a nut and not bolt..

Man as in boyfriend not a butler!

Just thinking though, he got a dashcam for me and got it fitted for my birthday, so maybe the guy that did that had that bit out and didn’t tighten it back up again? Will have a look in the daylight again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This nut holding this on is it! That must be it! Will look in the morning! IMG_0389.JPG thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back