• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rain Repellant/Glass Sealant

Hi all,

I hope someone can give me some advice.

I currently have GYEON Q²M Wet Coat applied all over my car including the windows. The beading is great in wet weather. However I want to use something on top of it for the front screen to give even better beading during the rain/cold season that is coming up.

What product have you used and would you recommend?

Cheers!

Been thinking the same myself recently but haven't got a clue what is tat or good stuff.

H2GO is amazing stuff, I've had it on for a year and never had to top it up. Still like the day I applied it, anything above 40MPH and you don't have to use wipers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t recommend anything on the windscreen personally. See frequent issues of wipers smearing and juddering due to products on the screen.

Had mine on a year, never had an issue with 'smearing screen' neither juddering wipers the product is designed to do the opposite...

Last edited by a moderator:
Had mine on a year, never had an issue with 'smearing screen' neither juddering wipers the product is designed to do the opposite...

All depends on the product. These liquid waxes that car wash places throw all over the car cause issues. Then how the screen wash effects the product can also have an effect as the chemicals can react.
End of the day manufactures design the wiper system to work with zero product on the screen.

Here is the link if anyone is interested - https://angelwax.co.uk/product/h2go-the-ultimate-rain-repellent/

I've applied this to all my cars, and it's fantastic. Definitely makes driving in the rain a lot safer, in winter you'll also find less frost/ice will sit on the screen.

It's best to claybar the windscreen to remove any contaminents and will allow the coating to be more effective. I've personally never suffered with juddering wipers but if you do, just apply the product to the wipers themselves.

All depends on the product. These liquid waxes that car wash places throw all over the car cause issues. Then how the screen wash effects the product can also have an effect as the chemicals can react.
End of the day manufactures design the wiper system to work with zero product on the screen.
Unfortunately that's cheap crap these car wash places use. They're operating on the lowest budget possible, they even wash the mitts/towels on the ground . You'll even find some using brick acid. They have no idea on how to safely clean a car let alone apply products.

Detailing products may be funny to some, but the higher end of the range are brilliant. I'd happily reccomend H2GO to everyone, makes driving in the rain much safer.

Long time rainX user here. Couldn't live without it on the mini, the wipers are a joke.

Never used any alternatives but I've been on the same small bottle of rainX for about 10 years. It only takes a couple drops to treat the screen.

Thanks for all the replies people!

Since I have GYEON Q²M Wet Coat applied on the windscreen, maybe i'm being a bit too overkill with the additional rain repellent. Also dont know if the two would react. I think I'll stick to the wet coat I have applied. It rained hard today and over 60mph it beaded nice and just blew off.

Thanks!

I use some gtechniq stuff, can't remember the number now. It's the more repellant but less durable one of the few they do. Water blows off the screen at upwards of 20mph so I'd say you can do better than the wet coat!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

H2GO is amazing stuff, I've had it on for a year and never had to top it up. Still like the day I applied it, anything above 40MPH and you don't have to use wipers

This is what I use, It's a great product and reasonably priced too.

I also use rain x. To be fair I find it really good, no issues with smearing of the wipers and its pretty cheap too. I think the last bottle I bought was just over a fiver and will last years

Back