• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Window washer fluid products recommendation needed please

Hi all,

All I've ever used is cheap tesco/morrisons washer fluid on my old seat leon. But I'm looking for something better and more effective now that I have a type r. What does everyone else use?

Cheers!

I use evian and the tears of vauxhall owners, shaken - not stirred.

...Just kidding. Buy literally anything, then water it down (if premixed) because we don't live in Siberia (or do you?!).

I buy the 5 ltr concentrate from Halfrauds and dilute as directed.
Comes in some nice flavours.

I use evian and the tears of vauxhall owners, shaken - not stirred.

...Just kidding. Buy literally anything, then water it down (if premixed) because we don't live in Siberia (or do you?!).

Do you harvest the tears from them at the roadside when they've broken down?

For Winter use whatever you do don't trust the stuff Honda put in @ service time...unless you really want frozen washer jets :lol:

I will be getting some of this for the Winter months :smt023

Regards,Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Winter use whatever you do don't trust the stuff Honda put in @ service time...unless you really want frozen washer jets

I will be getting some of this for the Winter months :smt023

Regards,Mark.
That's what I've just bought.

Thanks mate, I was thinking of getting this. I live in the UK but if its only used during summer its not worth it as I need it during winter. Might just get some concentrate from euro car parts then...

i swap. sonax for non-freezing, and whatever 5l bulk stuff thats on offer at ECP that'll handle winter duty.

The Autoglym screen wash is the best i have used . Streak free and doesn't smell too bad but it ain't cheap compared to the Halfords or ECP Triple Q stuff i have used.

I just get whatever is on offer as long as it's got a low freezing point so won't cause damage during winter. The last screen wash I picked up was from Aldi and to be fair seemed better than the Unipart one that I was using as it seemed to shift bird droppings without emptying half the screen wash tank.

I use Prestone now as well.

Quite a lot of people are saying that they use the cheap stuff but I used a cheap concentrate and didn't notice that the colour dye was separating from the water in the premix can that I'd made up and left in the garage. Eventually ended up blocking up the washer bottle so badly with gunk that even hours of siphoning out the tank wouldn't get rid of it all. Luckily a local garage that I trust managed to get it all blasted out with high pressure water otherwise it would have been a case of removing the front bumper to get at the bottle due to the stupid shape/location on the FN2.

Will never use the cheap stuff again. Can't remember the brand but the dye separation happened with multiple cans (I mixed up batches with the other cans to test it) and I ended up dumping the lot.

Back